Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    sorry to hear that but wouldnt exchanging the TP have been easier or one of the options.
    After 2+ hrs with Butler Tech Support at that time, plus other issues I had read about here, I was not willing to try another. Frankly, it should have worked cleanly right out of the box, and I'm still not sure my Verizon Router was the problem, as my Palm Pre (and our 10+ other wireless devices) never had trouble connecting to the old router. Only reason I even got back on this horse is because of HP's new mantra about rolling out fixes FAST, and focusing on customer service. Time will tell!
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    After 2+ hrs with Butler Tech Support at that time, plus other issues I had read about here, I was not willing to try another. Frankly, it should have worked cleanly right out of the box, and I'm still not sure my Verizon Router was the problem, as my Palm Pre (and our 10+ other wireless devices) never had trouble connecting to the old router. Only reason I even got back on this horse is because of HP's new mantra about rolling out fixes FAST, and focusing on customer service. Time will tell!
    I agree with most of your points, but this is a stupidly unreasonable expectation. Firstly, you don't even know if the TP WAS the issue. Secondly "It should have worked cleanly right out of the box"? I can say with a high degree of certainty, that no company in the history of the world has shipped a mass produced product without shipping any defective devices or products. It is literally an impossible expectation.

    Full disclosure, I had a TouchPad with multiple issues, the glass over the screen was peeling up (ala the HTC Evo), The usb port was not lined up with the hole for it in the plastic case of the device, and the screen was malfunctioning with its brightness levels. I am extremely demanding of the products I buy, and have levied plenty o' complaints via these forums, but this expectation is just plain crazy.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    With the promise of forthcoming OTA "fixes" I got another Touchpad this weekend. Last week I got the updated (Wireless N) Verizon ActionTec router, and the new Touchpad connected without difficulty. I imported most of my older Palm Pre data, including Memo's, but the lack of sync'ing new Memo's between my Pre and Touchpad still poses an issue. I'm going to (slowly) convert all my Memo's to Google Docs, which I'll access from either device, but Inglorious Apps hasn't released a Notes version for the Touchpad (not clear if they will) and accessing/editing Google Docs in the browser is not ready for prime time. I'm also disappointed HP still hasn't fixed the well-described (WebOS 2.0 and beyond) Google Calendar sync issue (some appts not visible beyond 3 months ahead), but will see if the update finally fixes that. I'm also going to test Citrix and make sure I can access our Cerner Electronic Medical Records at work (but I'm not optimistic about that, as others have reported issues). Overall, the Touchpad has potential, but from my perspective is still very much in beta status. This time I bought from Amazon, so at least I'll have 30 days to run with it or punt!
    i recommend 2 things
    1) evernote -- web based notes work great for multiple devices and google tasks
    the main issue with these 2 is that if you are not connected to the net they are not accessable -- so i also recommend free tether

    2) lets you and i develop a memo / task app that will work with the touch to share functionality so that when they come out with the pre 3 we can sell our app to a whole bunch of people
    of course i know nothing of programming and have very little free time so you will have to take the lead on the development
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i recommend 2 things
    1) evernote -- web based notes work great for multiple devices and google tasks
    the main issue with these 2 is that if you are not connected to the net they are not accessable -- so i also recommend free tether

    2) lets you and i develop a memo / task app that will work with the touch to share functionality so that when they come out with the pre 3 we can sell our app to a whole bunch of people
    of course i know nothing of programming and have very little free time so you will have to take the lead on the development
    The problem with evernote, which keeps being suggested, is that there isn't an HD app.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    The problem with evernote, which keeps being suggested, is that there isn't an HD app.
    yes not yet - it has only been 2 and a half weeks - it will come and for now it is usable on the touchpad as a bandaid until either it is updated or a better cross format App is put out the point is there is a solution and apps are being updates for the large screen pretty quickly - if people want a touchpad version of the app I suggest they contact ever note and let them know
    Remember Everything | Evernote Corporation
    I did
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions