Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    added a sleep for 20 before starting the daemon ... Also, I did not notice that this slows down boot up.
    Your sleep will not slow down boot up.

What it does is make sshd try to start, fail, sleep 20 seconds, try to start, etc. until finally it is able to start. Any time it fails, it will sleep 20 seconds and then restart. Each time it needs to start, depending on random timing, your retries might hit it just right, or you might finally start sshd 20 seconds after it could have started. Statistically it should on average start about 10 seconds after the earliest possible start time.

The idea behind upstart is that rather than polling like that, starting can be event triggered. In this case, the "started LunaReady" event seems to accurately predict when ssh can properly start and sshd will be available immediately after LunaReady, every time.

If you reboot your tablet and start trying to connect via ssh you will see what I mean.

Far more annoying for me than the wait to get ssh at boot are the times when sshd must restart during normal operation. Yes, it happens, quite frequently. Having a sleep 10 (or your sleep 20) was VERY annoying in the middle of whatever I was trying to do. Using LunaReady the sshd restarts immediately and I don't see any delay.

Either approach seems functional but I didn't like the waiting when I tried it with a sleep 10. Personally I'm much happier using LunaReady.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb1011 View Post

Far more annoying for me than the wait to get ssh at boot are the times when sshd must restart during normal operation. Yes, it happens, quite frequently. Having a sleep 10 (or your sleep 20) was VERY annoying in the middle of whatever I was trying to do. Using LunaReady the sshd restarts immediately and I don't see any delay.

Either approach seems functional but I didn't like the waiting when I tried it with a sleep 10. Personally I'm much happier using LunaReady.

Thank you for the explanation!

Also, I have not noticed sshd restarting when connecting to my TP (or Pre 3 or Veer), but I will keep a closer eye out for that.

Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Hello guys. I have Nokia N9 which can be controlled via PC (in putty, via SSH). Is there any possibility to make SSH connection from TouchPad to that Nokia phone?
    i guess it has to be possible somehow, if PC works via Wi-Fi if in same network... can you possibly help? Tjanks.
    Editor-in-chief of SmartMobil.sk
    Symbian in Nokia fan
    lucky HP TouchPad owner (newbie)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
    Hello guys. I have Nokia N9 which can be controlled via PC (in putty, via SSH). Is there any possibility to make SSH connection from TouchPad
    Sure. I do it nearly every day.

Once you have ssh installed, also install xecutah, xserver and xterm. Then run xecutah and launch an xterm. Then from the cmdline in xterm, simply ssh to wherever you want. I usually do "ssh username@hostname" or "ssh username@ipaddr" because the cmdline in the xterm will be root and I seldom ssh into a root account.
    hmm, okay, thanks for that, now i know it's possible. ofcourse i have xterm and touchpad rooted, but where and how to install SSH? thanks.
    Editor-in-chief of SmartMobil.sk
    Symbian in Nokia fan
    lucky HP TouchPad owner (newbie)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
    hmm, okay, thanks for that, now i know it's possible. ofcourse i have xterm and touchpad rooted, but where and how to install SSH? thanks.
    Application:OpenSSH - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by ewalker101 View Post

Edit: Okay, got it working. I had to export the key. Follow these instructructions if you have the same issue that I did. Application:OpenSSH - WebOS Internals
    Which instructions do you mean there, cant find anything with export a path or sth.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Achim
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    Which instructions do you mean there, cant find anything with export a path or sth.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Achim
    Can you specify what you're trying to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Can you specify what you're trying to do?
    I tried connecting my Pixi over Wifi with openssh and got this errormessage:

Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

Dont know, what to do with it :-(

Sorry

Achim

Edit:

I am so sorry, i am such an.......*****.
    I followed this openssh-instructions on the webosinternals wiki and i misunderstood the line "mv....../id_rsa.pub ...authorized_keys" as creating a new directory under .ssh and move the file there.
    Thats because in my terminal i cannot put in the "_"-key, so i tried to do things with internalz pro.
    Now i only renamed "id_rsa.pub" file to "authorized_keys" and everything works fine with filezilla under windoze.

Thanks for your patience. Achim
    Last edited by achimi; 12/18/2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Knowledge !
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    I tried connecting my Pixi over Wifi with openssh and got this errormessage:

Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

Dont know, what to do with it :-(

Sorry

Achim

Edit:

I am so sorry, i am such an.......*****.
    I followed this openssh-instructions on the webosinternals wiki and i misunderstood the line "mv....../id_rsa.pub ...authorized_keys" as creating a new directory under .ssh and move the file there.
    Thats because in my terminal i cannot put in the "_"-key, so i tried to do things with internalz pro.
    Now i only renamed "id_rsa.pub" file to "authorized_keys" and everything works fine with filezilla under windoze.

Thanks for your patience. Achim
    Found a solution for my "_"-Problem in Terminal (Google is your friend):

first key "Alt" (orange or white)-key, then "shift" key, then ",", voila there is the underscore. BTW sym and p brings up the last command like the up-arrow on the linux desktop.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12