1.    #1  
    I noticed that I was doing a lot of scrolling when looking at my calendar and realized that the calendar was not compressing the free time like it does on my Pre-.

I opened up the help tool and could not fine any info, so I fire up the live chat. On a side note, I love this option of chatting with a representative.

The rep tells me that, after some research, that the accordion feature was removed. I was not happy about this. She did say that there was a suggestion feature on the palm website and I should submit a feature request.

I think that this is just another annoying thing to get used to in the transition from webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    The rep tells me that, after some research, that the accordion feature was removed. I was not happy about this. She did say that there was a suggestion feature on the palm website and I should submit a feature request.

I think that this is just another annoying thing to get used to in the transition from webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 3.0.
    Seriously? WHY do they keep taking OUT the things that make WebOS great and unique? I don't understand it.. I really don't..

I'll definitely be "submitting a feature request," but shouldn't have to. Sheez.
  3.    #4  
    I just submitted the request. The feedback/submission form can be found here.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    you needed the compression on the phone because the screen is so small. If they compressed on the touchpad you would have a whole lot of blank space. (I think your being a little too picky with this complaint)
  5.    #6  
    The issue I have is, even in the single day view in portrait orientation, you only can see 1/2 the day. I have work and personal/family events spaced out from 6am until 9pm. The accordion allowed the blank time to be compressed.

If the feature already existed, why remove it. Did the change in base operating system language require this?

It is just odd to remove features.
    Thanks for starting this thread, I also noticed this missing feature; it was specially upsetting since Rubinstein mentioned it in an interview just around launch time.

I've submitted a request via that feedback site linked earlier. Please do the same!
  7.    #8  
    Not only was it hyped by Jon, it is also a question in the trivia game on the HP LaunchLine app on Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    you needed the compression on the phone because the screen is so small. If they compressed on the touchpad you would have a whole lot of blank space. (I think your being a little too picky with this complaint)
    This is not true. Between work & personal calendars, many of us have events early in the morning until late at night. Even in portrait mode, the most you can see is from 6am-7pm. I don't know about you, but my calendar doesn't end at 7pm. The accordion time compression is really useful!

I am not happy that such a useful and distinguishing feature of webOS would actually be removed.
    Count me in as someone else who misses this feature. I really like that on my Pre.
    And the all day events, like a holiday or anniversary, don't show at the top of the visible portion of the calendar, they only show up at midnight, which means you can't see them unless you scroll up to look at the beginning of every day. That's a major problem. Stuff will get missed until this gets patched to work like it does on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I noticed that I was doing a lot of scrolling when looking at my calendar and realized that the calendar was not compressing the free time like it does on my Pre-.

I opened up the help tool and could not fine any info, so I fire up the live chat. On a side note, I love this option of chatting with a representative.

Larger screen real estate means the functionality is no longer required.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    As others have pointed out, the larger screen size isn't large enough to see the whole day of activities. Removing this functionality from webOS was a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Simply not true. I've been using the calendar on the TP since July 1st and I can tell you that the large screen real estate does not solve the problem. Removing the free-time accordion compression is a step backward.
    I would say either give us the accordion or at least an agenda view, I just want an easy way to see everything that's scheduled for the day at once with a relatively quick glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    Seriously? WHY do they keep taking OUT the things that make WebOS great and unique? I don't understand it.. I really don't..

I'll definitely be "submitting a feature request," but shouldn't have to. Sheez.
    I spoke directly with HP on Wed about something else entirely, but I was able to glean one comment that may answer why it was removed.

We are too busy making changes and updating from Mojo to Enyo and simply have too much to do with very little help.

Not sure really, but items that would take too long to reprogram were simply put on the chopping block. Sucks honestly, but HP is hiring (significantly now) and more help may one day bring this back. We can only hope! Sorli...
    displayed correctly.

the overlapping section is not displayed like in prior webos versions.

also when accepting a calendar entry there is no opportunity to add comments like in outlook. If HP is serious about this being for business these types of festures need to be added

While I'm on a roll want the addition of the abbility to see peoples avaikability based on the calendars (obviously more difficult and bandwidth intensive but a agsin a feature needed for a serious business devise

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I spoke directly with HP on Wed about something else entirely, but I was able to glean one comment that may answer why it was removed.

We are too busy making changes and updating from Mojo to Enyo and simply have too much to do with very little help.

Not sure really, but items that would take too long to reprogram were simply put on the chopping block. Sucks honestly, but HP is hiring (significantly now) and more help may one day bring this back. We can only hope! Sorli...
    hopefully these missing features that we've had previously will be back, they just havent had a chance to finish them yet.