1.    #1  
    Saw that Staples is also supposed to be carrying the Touchpad.

Went to a Staples store today. GREAT DISPLAY!!! --- of the Playbook, the galaxy tab and the nooks and kindle. End caps for each right across the front doorway.

No site of the Touchpad (or the ipad for that matter). Wierd. I walked around the store looking confused trying to find the TOuchpad. No dice , so I left (no salesperson approached me and I was in a hurry)

Really wanted to play with a Touchpad , if only for a few mins, as mine is waiting for me at home for when I return from my family vacation.
    Maybe that's a sign.... Vacation!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehalliday View Post
    Saw that Staples is also supposed to be carrying the Touchpad.

Went to a Staples store today. GREAT DISPLAY!!! --- of the Playbook, the galaxy tab and the nooks and kindle. End caps for each right across the front doorway.

No site of the Touchpad (or the ipad for that matter). Wierd. I walked around the store looking confused trying to find the TOuchpad. No dice , so I left (no salesperson approached me and I was in a hurry)

Really wanted to play with a Touchpad , if only for a few mins, as mine is waiting for me at home for when I return from my family vacation.
    I went into my local Staples looking for a couple of the accessories. The store has a nice Touchpad display, but no units or accessories.
    NO ONE has any accessories, it's so frustrating!!
    I experienced the very same thing today. A big cardboard display, no units, no accessories. Lame. But the girl at the register was cute.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I know your talking staples in the US , i work for Staples in Canada , and i can confirm a few things for the Canucks in the crowd , Most of our stores do have the touchpad in stock , althought stock on the 16 gb is short , and hard to find ( probably due to demand) , However Demos are even harder to find , as we are getting special units for demo and they are also in short supply .

Now saying that , according to the HP rep , Staples Canada has the bulk of the accessories for the touchpad for launch. And we will have several displays and demos availiable at launch . If we had the special demo models now we would have them on display , but alas we do not yet.

anyway , Something for you canucks
    Went to my staples. They should be getting it within the week they said.

They had a REALLY NICE DISPLAY though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    NO ONE has any accessories, it's so frustrating!!
    Order from Amazon if you haven't purchased, yet. Estimated ship date for the touchstone is something like 7/11-7/15, but its @ $66, where as it is 79.99 most elsewhere.
  9.    #9  
    OK

1) Yes, US Staples (Grand Rapids MI)
    2) went to Meijer's and they ahve one, in a box , under glass, no model on display and the salesperson who was male, about 19, was clueless. They also had no accessories. But at least they had one, and there was NO tablet actually on display, so equal footing i guess. Oh and to DavidVogt, this salesperson was NOT a cute girl