Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I haven't run across anything that is prompting me to register my TouchPad purchase with HP. Am I missing anything? Just want to make sure I am covered by the warranty.
    Registration forms are worthless in this day and really only used for marketing purposes. The only thing you need for your warranty coverage is your purchase receipt (or delivery receipt if it was pre-ordered).
    I believe this is take care of automatically by your palm profile.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Great. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I believe this is take care of automatically by your palm profile.
    You can create a new Palm Profile at any time, so warranty will not be linked to that item. Like all electronics, you'll be best covered for warranty with your purchase receipt.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    All new owners should take note of this, as if things could not get worse for HP

Summary: Warranty starts at build date not date of purchase. I remember reading a post about this but couldn't find it, but here are the words out of the horses mouth themselves.

Does Hewlett Packard Owe Its Customers Billions? - CBS MoneyWatch.com
    Not being negative but I havent read any good reviews on their warranty service so just hope your don't need it. Also, what happens when they run out of parts? Going to happen soon. Oh well, still have an awesome tablet for a great price.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk