Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just received my new HP Touchpad 32GB. Whenever I try to launch the System Updates, it takes down my entire network. I lose connection to everything on the local network and the HP Touchpad indicates a network connection cannot be found. When I close the app, my home network recovers. Has anyone been able to use the HP Touchpad with the Cisco Linksys E4200?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Resolved by upgrading the firmware on my Cisco E4200 from 1.02 to to 1.03.

Nothing to see here :-)

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Actually the probelm is back. When I attempted to download a software application, it killed my network again.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Give your TouchPad a static IP and you will be fine.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    No issues using 5GHz N, WPA, DHCP. Most of my wired devices run through a separate switch, but I haven't noticed any WiFi or Internet drops. I have checked for updates a couple of times and downloaded apps.

Not sure about firmware. I updated a couple of months ago, and I want to say 1.01 was the old one I replaced.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I confirmed the HP Touchpad is causing my Linksys E4200 to reset. Changing to a static IP didn't help. This is really bumming me out.
    Have you contacted HP through the Butler and/or live chat?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thank you for the suggestion. I contacted them and sent logs. They are looking into the issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    My Linksys 4300 is kickin A and taking names with this TouchPad. Love the wireless N.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrajones@hotmail.com View Post
    Actually the probelm is back. When I attempted to download a software application, it killed my network again.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Had the exact same issue with my E4200. My network works just fine, when the Touchpad connects, it shuts the entire network down and resets. I contacted the Cisco, no help there. After hours of troubleshooting on my own, I found the issue. I reset the router back to factory settings and started all over. I set my other devices to the 2.4ghz band using WPA2/WPA mixed mode. Then I set my 5ghz band to WPA2 Personal, N band only. Well Ah….. network up and running, Touchpad rock in. Thought I was done. Not….. When I set internet restrictions on my kids Xbox system and using DHCP reservation, same problem happened all over again. I disable the restrictions, network and Touchpad works just fine. I cannot understand what the two have to do with each other. The Touchpad does not like Internet restrictions, even though they are independent of each other. I went ahead and upgraded my Virus software and I’m using the internet restrictions through the software, vs. the router. Well ah…… All is good and the Touchpad is Rocking. Welcome thoughts on this one?