View Poll Results: Canadians - Where will you buy your TouchPad?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staples

4 22.22%
  • Future Shop

4 22.22%
  • Best Buy

3 16.67%
  • The Source

2 11.11%
  • Costco

3 16.67%
  • - Other -

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I will be buying a TouchPad on July 15th but I don't know which store is the best and who offer a better service if I have to return my TouchPad.

I hesitate between Staples, Future Shop and Best Buy.

So where will you buy yours??
    Currently, Futureshop has a deal that you get $50 off a printer when you buy a tablet. This applies to the TouchPad. So it might be handy if you're looking for an ePrint-compatible printer too. Besides that deal, everywhere is still the same pricing for the tablet, for there's not too much importance on store (aside from possible extended warranty plans).

As for best price deals for the accessories, as far as I can tell, the cheapest are:

Hopefully that'll help some decide where to head
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've pre-ordered a cover & touchstone from Futureshop since the Touchstone is cheapest there.

I'll probably end up picking up the actual TouchPad in store though, I don't think it will sell out too quick and I'd rather get it on launch day. From the sounds of it in the US the accessories aren't widely available in stores.
    I'll get mine from where ever I can find it near my house. Would rather get it from the source (since i would get a discount on a extended warranty), but if that rumour on the Costco price for a 32Gig pans out I'll get it from there instead.

I suggest a thread on CDN launch day to have people post where they picked theirs up.

Norm
    Costco has the TP with a protective sleeve, or do they all come with that?
    If I get one this month it'll be from the vancouver hp store this friday

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Got mine in the US... paid 536 (CAD) tax in at Bestbuy for the 16g... gotta love NY state tax added with a strong Canadian dollars
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I ordered mine through QVC. They have that bundle with the TP, case and touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Got mine in the US... paid 536 (CAD) tax in at Bestbuy for the 16g... gotta love NY state tax added with a strong Canadian dollars
    Way to support american jobs over Canadian ones ***********!!!

:P

(random number of stars, wasn't even thinking of a word.)
    i think i'll go to futureshop
    no particular reason why
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Way to support american jobs over Canadian ones ***********!!!
    Burn !!! I've given enough money to Futureshop to support more than a few Canadian families

But tell me, why are we paying 19$ more when our dollars is on par if not better than US currency?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  12.    #12  
    Thanks everybody.

I just saw that Staples open at 8h while future shop open at 9h30 and Best Buy at 10h. So I will probably buy it at Staples :P

But does anybody knows if there is a compagny that offer a better service in case something happen to my future TouchPad?
    anyone have it on display yet ?
    Looks like Costco has reduced their online price as well ($549.99 for 32 GB), wonder if it will be cheaper in store?
    Quote Originally Posted by stever34 View Post
    Looks like Costco has reduced their online price as well ($549.99 for 32 GB), wonder if it will be cheaper in store?
    The word going around the forums is that the price reductions happened to all Canadian retailers and it's the new permanent price, not a sale.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    i am buying mine with staples , as i work for them we have a deal where we get 30% off the ticket price , which currently for a 32gb is 549 , which means its 383 plus tax , 441 or so after tax , so i am happy with that price .
    eh, wont be buying at HP store unless they match everyone elses' price
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    anyone have it on display yet ?
    Staples now has Demo models running on display has for a few days .
    Looks like Costco is offering the 32GB Model for 549.00. 90 day return policy, plus 2 year mfg warranty. Thats hard to beat. Hopefully we will get the $50 dollar rebate from HP as well.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh0mpu5 View Post
    Staples now has Demo models running on display has for a few days .
    that depends
    my friend works for staples in whitby ON and had it on display
    however, in calgary, iv'e been to multiple stores (best buy, future shop, staples) they've all said the same thing here "we aren't allowed to put it on display yet until launch day" which is dumb, why put out a pre order without it being on display???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast