View Poll Results: Canadians - Where will you buy your TouchPad?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staples

4 22.22%
  • Future Shop

4 22.22%
  • Best Buy

3 16.67%
  • The Source

2 11.11%
  • Costco

3 16.67%
  • - Other -

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    that depends
    my friend works for staples in whitby ON and had it on display
    however, in calgary, iv'e been to multiple stores (best buy, future shop, staples) they've all said the same thing here "we aren't allowed to put it on display yet until launch day" which is dumb, why put out a pre order without it being on display???
    I agree , we were given instruction to put it out , so i did yesterday when we received them . late i know but i put it out , i don't even have the display materials for an endcap .

Oh well , maybe us here on the east coast are a little more ambitous

:P
    haha that doesn't surprise me. I grew up in Toronto, but these westerners don't really like to work either

But, i did go to a staples and one finally has one out.

I really like it. I don't get what all the negative reviews are for. It's nice to hold. It's not cheap feeling even thou it's plastic. Its thin and i like the design.

WebOS is pretty decent, even the "demo mode"... i didn't experience any problems. was there the occasional lag? sure, nothing significant thou to ruin my day like some have seemed to express. Overall good job HP
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    yea i got to play with our demo , and the second demo that came in , and i really do like the UI and feel of the OS , this will be my first webos experience , i have done the IOS and QNX , so i am kinda excited , also going to get a Pre 3 when rogers gets it .
    So yesterday, (Launch Day Canada 15th), I picked mine up from Futureshop. The demo was mixed in with all the other tablets. They did have a end display but all it had was the same flatscreen with a video showcasing the TouchPad. Not very impressive, but for someone like me and you, knowing what we were after, wasn't reallyan issue.

Couldn't find the case, or the Touchstone. Went over to BestBuy, same deal, no accessories. Stopped in at Staples, and they had a half built display, to which I commented about a nice effort for a launch day product. They explained all their display parts were scattered amongst the skids of stock, for whatever reason.

At Staples, they did have extra charge cords/wall adapter combos as well as the BT keyboard. Not what I was looking for. A little disappointed in not getting my Touchstone the first day along with the TouchPad, but overall I'm not regretting anything.

That whole trip to those three stores and back to my house took 42 minutes.....Girlfriend timed me, lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    what stores did you go too?

I got the 2 touchstones in westhills at BB. There are a few kicking around check online stock.

whats disappointing is when you get the Ts and realize Ur device doesnt work on it
    the gf's does thou so its clearly my device.
    back to FS I go

ps sunridge and deerfoot meadows have Ts in. Also they should price match FS at 69.99 if you ask.. The sales guy should
    Just as an FYI, right now and until the end of the month, Bureau en Gros has an online discount code for 30$ less any purchases greater than 200$.... which means your 16gig Touchpad would come out to 419$ (Canadian of'course)

This is the lowest I've seen it at.

For those who are interested, the discount code is: 7597599034745195
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    diodo314 likes this.
    that depends
    my friend works for staples in whitby ON and had it on display
    however, in calgary, iv'e been to multiple stores (best buy, future shop, staples) they've all said the same thing here "we aren't allowed to put it on display yet until launch day" which is dumb, why put out a pre order without it being on display???
    They all lied and/or were ignorant and/or didn't do their due diligence ... I asked my HP rep and he said we could put it on display as soon as we received the demo unit and displayer, which was like a week and a half before launch. This was at Staples.

Of course, the demo unit was horrendously slow, so it came off in favour of a real unit on launch day.

Anyways, I obviously got mine at Staples. Also picked up the Touchstone and case. Touchstone is sweet, not liking the case. Had to wait until today to get the accessories because no one within 50 km (Staples, FS, BB, LD, TS) had the Touchstone (FS had the case on launch day). I really wish HP would have done a better job getting the accessories to us on launch day since that's where the money is.
    Last edited by n00bxqb; 07/20/2011 at 08:18 PM.
    not liking the case? Really? Hmm. I love it one of the better accessories save for the touchstone.

but figures most retail people are, well.. I don't know. They also have huge biases which angers me

anywho they all suck at delivering accessories. Even apple was late with them for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by n00bxqb View Post
    They all lied and/or were ignorant and/or didn't do their due diligence ... I asked my HP rep and he said we could put it on display as soon as we received the demo unit and displayer, which was like a week and a half before launch. This was at Staples.

Of course, the demo unit was horrendously slow, so it came off in favour of a real unit on launch day.

Anyways, I obviously got mine at Staples. Also picked up the Touchstone and case. Touchstone is sweet, not liking the case. Had to wait until today to get the accessories because no one within 50 km (Staples, FS, BB, LD, TS) had the Touchstone (FS had the case on launch day). I really wish HP would have done a better job getting the accessories to us on launch day since that's where the money is.
    not liking the case? Really? Hmm. I love it one of the better accessories save for the touchstone.

but figures most retail people are, well.. I don't know. They also have huge biases which angers me

anywho they all suck at delivering accessories. Even apple was late with them for some reason
    I just think they could have done some things better with the case. Mind you, I've had the case for about 6 hours, most of which I slept as I somehow caught a cold or something, but these are some of my initial thoughts:

- Why doesn't it actually close ? The front just flops open. There is a soft velcro piece that goes up against the bottom bezel, so it seems as if they could have extended a small piece of tacky velcro down to hold it in place ... Either that, or a small magnetic system.

- When you're laying down with it as I was in bed, you have to velcro it at the back of the case lid flops around. It just seemed a bit awkward holding it compared to holding it out of the case since your hands had to be in the holes.

- It doesn't seem particularly stable when fully upright.

Now, I'm sure some of these design choices were so that the case would work with the Touchstone, but at least the first one could have been easily fixed, IMO.

I'll give it some time, maybe it will grow on me, but I liked the Playbook Journal case better so far when I had that (mind you, the Playbook sucked, so I returned it within a month).
    yeah you make a good point about it not actually closing properly, a simple design could have been made for that change
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Just as an FYI, right now and until the end of the month, Bureau en Gros has an online discount code for 30$ less any purchases greater than 200$.... which means your 16gig Touchpad would come out to 419$ (Canadian of'course)

This is the lowest I've seen it at.

For those who are interested, the discount code is: 7597599034745195
    EXCELLENT! $420, and if the $50 rebate is included for us Canadians then it is about $370(before tax), which is ridiculously cheap. I might just get the touchpad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    EXCELLENT! $420, and if the $50 rebate is included for us Canadians then it is about $370(before tax), which is ridiculously cheap. I might just get the touchpad now
    you should ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12