1.    #1  
    Does anyone know who at HP I can contact about a developer? I just had a very bad experience with the developers for Package Tracking HD. They admitted it had a bug and was not properly tracking my package (even after it was delivered 5+ hours previously) so I requested a refund. I figured it was just more reliable to track from the web. And I don't want to rely on something that's not reliable. Basically they told me no way they would give me a refund. At this point it's not about the few dollars, it's about the fact that they don't own up to the responsibility and refund me. Either way, I have a few things I'm going to do but didn't have an HP contact for this. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    If they admitted it was a bug then perhaps they are working on a fix?
    I've never used this but I think this app was also available of the Pre/Pixi/etc and it seemed to get good reviews no?

Sometimes people crack me up though. It's got a bug, I want a refund rather than let the developer fix the bug and get that out.

I can also tell you that HP/Palm don't seem to give developers a direct and easy way of providing refunds.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately when I needed it to work it didn't and for me I wanted a more reliable method. Nothing wrong with that. The fact that the developer won't recognize that is the problem.
    Alot of times it isn't that they just won't let you get a refund. Its just to hard to give people refunds. If you have ever worked in the fast food business you will know that you can't just hand them the money the paid for the food.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I can appreciate the developer wanting to see if they can make a correction to the application in order to meet the user's need, but if the need has already passed and the app was failed to perform the function it was supposed to perform, a refund would be appropriate. That said, I don't expect a $0.99 or $1.99 app refund or something. It's pocket change. Leave a review and be done with it.

Side note: This topic should probably be in TouchPad apps or the Developer forum or something like that, though.
    Still struggling with this. So, you buy an app to use it just one time? Surely you would want to use it again and hopefully by then the dev has a fix.
    If you are going to leave a review at least be realistic and don't just blast a zero star. People do that and then once the bug is fixed don't go back to the review to update it to reflect that.

As someone else said too, it's neigh on impossible for devs to just provide refunds, HPalm don't give the devs a way of doing this.

Still, I can understand when buying an app to perform a certain function and it doesn't work.
    I'm with DaveinFL on this one. When you buy an app that promises to do a very specific function, you should have a reasonable expectation that it will actually perform that very specific function.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can call HPalm and ask for a refund.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    Unfortunately when I needed it to work it didn't and for me I wanted a more reliable method. Nothing wrong with that. The fact that the developer won't recognize that is the problem.
    Don't feel bad. UPS's own web page doesn't track my stuff properly.. And don't even get me started on Canada Post. I just gave up tracking my stuff. By the time they update the tracking, the item is already at my door.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Is Package Tracking HD from the same people who made Pack 'n' Track? I'm using Pack 'n' Track right now on my Pre 2 to track packages and it works great. There's either some compatibility issues with Mojo emulation, or the app was made by someone else with less experience.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Is Package Tracking HD from the same people who made Pack 'n' Track? I'm using Pack 'n' Track right now on my Pre 2 to track packages and it works great. There's either some compatibility issues with Mojo emulation, or the app was made by someone else with less experience.
    It might be the same people I don't know. But after I posted feedback the developer emailed me that it is against the law to post "lies" about his "person". I don't even know who they are and the rating was accurate to my experience with the product and with them. All over 2 bucks! Crazy.
    refund claims would be with Palm, not the developer. More interesting to Palm may be any harassment you are getting from an angry developer...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    refund claims would be with Palm, not the developer. More interesting to Palm may be any harassment you are getting from an angry developer...
    Thanks for the info. At this point it's not about the $2. It's about the way they were communicating with me. I will get in contact with HP/Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    It might be the same people I don't know. But after I posted feedback the developer emailed me that it is against the law to post "lies" about his "person". I don't even know who they are and the rating was accurate to my experience with the product and with them. All over 2 bucks! Crazy.
    The one I was thinking of was Pack 'n' Track. Package Tracking HD is not by the same people, going off the company name. There shouldn't be a need for a developer to get aggressive, that's a shame.