Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Is it blown up to fill the screen, or does it show it small in the centre of the screen?

I've been looking for a YouTube video showing this, but every one does quite show them running - frustrating!

Thanks
    I had the same question and it has been pointed out in a few reviews that Mojo apps run emulated in a small window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    I had the same question and it has been pointed out in a few reviews that Mojo apps run emulated in a small window.
    This is correct. Mojo apps run emulated in a window in the middle of the screen.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    How much of the screen does it take up. Giving the pixel size, are button sizes, etc, smaller than on (say) a Pre2
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    The app has about the same physical size on the TP's screen as on my Pre when the respective card on the TP is not maximized. If I select the card for full screen view on my TP the size is actually larger than on my Pre. I attached two screenshots for your reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    a dev can actually modify a mojo app to scale all the way up.
    I think rod did this with preware?
    Then you also have to find a way to not need a back swipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    a dev can actually modify a mojo app to scale all the way up.
    I think rod did this with preware?
    Then you also have to find a way to not need a back swipe.
    yea, all you need to do is add
    Code:
    "uiRevision":2
    to the appinfo.json and it'll scale to fullsize.

This is done by many 2rd party apps like Preware and Internalz Pro, but some of the built-in apps on the TouchPad are Mojo and full-screen too; DeviceInfo and the DevMode app, for example
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I thought I'd hate the emulator, but I actually don't mind running Carbon in it at all. It runs really well. I'd prefer an "HD" implementation, of course . . .
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Does the emulator always run in portrait mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, all you need to do is add
    Code:
    "uiRevision":2
    to the appinfo.json and it'll scale to fullsize.

This is done by many 2rd party apps like Preware and Internalz Pro, but some of the built-in apps on the TouchPad are Mojo and full-screen too; DeviceInfo and the DevMode app, for example
    Jason or anyone, can someone explain to me why I edit a appinfo.json file from terminal and then reboot my TP and the app auto deletes itself?

I tried this update on Engadget's Mojo app and the "uiRevision": 2, update went without problems, but then when I rebooted per your instructions the Engadget app was removed or simply no longer showing.

TPs no longer have the device menu Rescan Apps patch for webOS 3.0 that helped find missing applications, so any ideas how to restore apps simply lost? I'll try a full reboot and see if that helps, but this seems pretty weird.

I'd love to update the appinfo.json file on all Mojo apps that will work without back buttons (Engadget app is a perfect example). Thanks, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Jason or anyone, can someone explain to me why I edit a appinfo.json file from terminal and then reboot my TP and the app auto deletes itself?

I tried this update on Engadget's Mojo app and the "uiRevision": 2, update went without problems, but then when I rebooted per your instructions the Engadget app was removed or simply no longer showing.

TPs no longer have the device menu Rescan Apps patch for webOS 3.0 that helped find missing applications, so any ideas how to restore apps simply lost? I'll try a full reboot and see if that helps, but this seems pretty weird.

I'd love to update the appinfo.json file on all Mojo apps that will work without back buttons (Engadget app is a perfect example). Thanks, Sorli...
    not sure why they're disappearing. Are they still valid json format when you add the new line? (did you make sure to add commas to the ends of lines as needed)

And you shouldn't need to do a full restart anyway, just closing the app then relaunching it should be enough for the change to apply
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    not sure why they're disappearing. Are they still valid json format when you add the new line? (did you make sure to add commas to the ends of lines as needed)

And you shouldn't need to do a full restart anyway, just closing the app then relaunching it should be enough for the change to apply
    Thanks Jason and that was it...commas and missed syntax. I added the "unRevision": 2, to the end of the line not realizing that the line before it "icon": "icon.png" did not have a comma after its entry bypassing my update and change.

Either way, it is now working and I'm learning as I go. Also, I was thinking about playing around with Engadget's Mojo code since they did not plan for larger screens and formatting still truncates things too the left and scales content to 320x480 even though it is now running full-screen. This though may be a waste of time and I'd rather focus on new stuff (enyo) and move on to applications that were originally intended for tablets.

Thanks again! Sorli...

Update: updating the json config file works, but for me it requires at least a Luna restart for the changes to manifest. Full Restart is not required and thanks again!
    Last edited by sorli; 07/14/2011 at 11:26 AM.