Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kev1000000
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I currently have an Asus Transformer. On of the problems I have with it is, one a busy forum post where there could be dozens of reply, the keyboard response is terrible. It's barely usable really, sometimes over a second lag between typing a letter and it appearing. I have to say I haven't used it to access PreCentral, but on the XDA forum it's pretty bad.

Does the TouchPad have any issues scrolling around or typing a reply into a forum?

BTW, just because I currently have Android devices, doesn't mean I wont come back to WebOS. Seriously considering it.....
    Last edited by RedMist; 07/06/2011 at 10:24 AM.
    try going to best buy and testing the touchpad out on the forums of your choice...
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I would if I was in a country where the touchpad has been released :-)
    Redmist, why dont you post a few links that give you problems and then people with TP's can try them.
    The browser on the Touchpad is actually very responsive and speedy. No issues with the keyboard on any site, even with flash.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Rennat likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Redmist, why dont you post a few links that give you problems and then people with TP's can try them.
    Ok try this.

The Dilemma: 32GB vs 16GB - xda-developers

No need to post a real reply, just scroll to the bottom, and hit quick reply on the last post.
    Then type The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. On my transformer its lags behind quite a lot. Actually even typing this sentence is laggy. l-ag-gy

Hope the TP is better!!

Does that thread bog down the Transformer while just scrolling?

I will make one odd comment about the link shown in the video… When it first starts, there are 4 pictures which didn't load and are shown as small squares. I am not sure if it is an issue of tethering through my Pre in a bad reception area, something with the actual links or something with the TouchPad itself. It looks like the first 5 pictures and then one later reference to the 1st picture are all that are missing. I did try viewing the page logged in and out. Either way, it consistently would not load those 5 pictures.

I'll try to upload a video, later after work , showing a post in process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    The browser on the Touchpad is actually very responsive and speedy. No issues with the keyboard on any site, even with flash.
    Agreed. It runs nice and fluidly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    RedMist! Hah I was going to suggest the same thing. XDA was so slow on my crappy android tablet. Runs great on the TouchPad now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Ok try this.

The Dilemma: 32GB vs 16GB - xda-developers

No need to post a real reply, just scroll to the bottom, and hit quick reply on the last post.
    Then type The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. On my transformer its lags behind quite a lot. Actually even typing this sentence is laggy. l-ag-gy

Hope the TP is better!!
    Hmm. That page took a while to load (tethering through Pre), but I could not type without logging in and I am not a member there.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post

Does that thread bog down the Transformer while just scrolling?

I will make one odd comment about the link shown in the video… When it first starts, there are 4 pictures which didn't load and are shown as small squares. I am not sure if it is an issue of tethering through my Pre in a bad reception area, something with the actual links or something with the TouchPad itself. It looks like the first 5 pictures and then one later reference to the 1st picture are all that are missing. I did try viewing the page logged in and out. Either way, it consistently would not load those 5 pictures.

I'll try to upload a video, later after work , showing a post in process.
    I've done exactly the same as you.... Check out this..

This is on a 16mb Android Honeycomb 3.1 Asus Transformer. I think you can see that the Touchpad is smoother and faster.

It doesn't show the problem I have typing though. I'll make another video for that.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Here we go.

If anyone does have a TouchPad and an account at XDA, try logging in and (pretend) replying to the the above thread.

OK, posting this from my touchpad after recording a video at home. Turns out I have an XDA membership, just forgot it and had to reset password. Anyhow, here is a new video... It's a little long, but shows the XDA forum and how on my home internet, all the pictures show up on the other RPF forum. Must have been a bandwidth issue? Anyhow...

I will say this though. On both Precentral and the RPF forums, I had an issue logging in. Wound up selecting "remember me" on both and all is well. Precentral would send me on an endless "thanks for logging in" loop. Again, both sites had an easy fix, by keeping myself logged in.

Oh, if anyone is interested in Cowboys & Aliens and has a 7-Eleven near by, hope you like Slurpees ;-) http://www.therpf.com/f9/cowboys-ali...03/index5.html and http://www.loungegeeks.com/2011/07/g...urpee-cup-mod/
    Last edited by sinime; 07/06/2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Well it looks like, as far as speed is concerned, the Touchpad beats my Transformer hands down. I don't have any problem logging in though. That's a slight concern.

Thanks VERY much fif the videos - a very interesting comparison !
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Ugh, the more I see these videos, the more I want a touchpad. Only thing holding me back is the cash.