Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By krawl
  • 1 Post By sorli
  1.    #1  
    First, i'd like to say that i've been a long time lurker since the days of my pre-.

it came pretty close to me buying an ipad 2 for my tablet needs... however the memories of WebOS and the feel that i got the moment i started playing with the touchpad persuaded me to purchase my new 32g TP.

Sure, i don't have as many apps as I'd have in iOS, but I hope , and maybe pray, that some of the surefire apps from the big players come along. Sure my tablet might be glossy enough to reverse global warming, and i guess according to some tech reviews i could use it as a blunt weapon due to it's gruesome overweight (</sarcasm>). but overall, I am 100% completely satisfied with my purchase.

600 dollars is no easy lump to dish out, but I'm remaining confident and optimistic that HP will follow through and continue to improve upon its product line, as well as the homebrew community here at large.

I've suffered no severe lag, I've had a few restarts.. ect, but it's nothing I fret too much over.

I've made this post because it just seems there is way too much negativity regarding the TP and HP pushing out WebOS. And again, i must say, the user experience has once again enthralled me. I cannot wait for a new WebOS phone to pair with (and hopefully freetether with ) and the future apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by krawl View Post
    Sure, i don't have as many apps as I'd have in iOS, but I hope , and maybe pray, that some of the surefire apps from the big players come along. Sure my tablet might be glossy enough to reverse global warming, and i guess according to some tech reviews i could use it as a blunt weapon due to it's gruesome overweight (</sarcasm>). but overall, I am 100% completely satisfied with my purchase.

600 dollars is no easy lump to dish out, but I'm remaining confident and optimistic that HP will follow through and continue to improve upon its product line, as well as the homebrew community here at large.

I've suffered no severe lag, I've had a few restarts.. ect, but it's nothing I fret too much over.

I've made this post because it just seems there is way too much negativity regarding the TP and HP pushing out WebOS. And again, i must say, the user experience has once again enthralled me. I cannot wait for a new WebOS phone to pair with (and hopefully freetether with ) and the future apps.
    LOL - thanks for the smile and comment reversing global warming.

I'm like you...been here a long time and I am still using my original Pre- waiting for Sprint or Verizon to provide something new. Either way, I touched the TouchPad in Best Buy last week and I had to have one knowing webOS was made for a tablet and 3.0 just worked for me. Yes it is not perfect (I get the occasional reboot, etc), but thankfully those resets are fast, I still love it, and appreciate what it provides.

Apps - yes Apple we know you have 100K apps for tablets, but webOS is making strides and I think people like you and me will get noticed having passion for something we find very useful. I'm like everyone else, I want more apps and can't wait to try out some cool stuff when it comes.

BTW, anything app wise you would be interested in?

Personally, my app request list is small:

1. DLNA/uPNP audio/video app would be great

2. Remote Desktop beyond Cisco's Receiver. Most people don't have servers running Cisco Remote Desktop and other options would be nice like Splashtop on my Pre and it works pretty well, but the tablet will easily fix any hangups I had on the smaller screen, less processor, and RAM. Either way, I emailed Splashtop and they said they were working on it.

3. Netflix - only because everyone and their mother thinks they need this. I personally canceled our NF membership running out of things to watch and maybe their content is better. Either way, Netflix has set their mark and everyone else must follow to compete.

4. NewsRoom and Engadget - used to love this app and catching up on today's tech news, but sadly both of these are still Enyo Apps and no tablet version yes for Mojo

5. Games - cool games from major players like Glo Mobile, EA, Lucas Arts, etc. I don't need these, but it sure makes waiting in doctors offices much easier.

6. eBook Readers - Kindle is coming, but no word from Nook eReader or ePub standard that would both be fantastic options!
    Most everything else is provided online through a web interface and that's all for now.

My favorite apps so far are:

1. Built-in Stuff...thanks webOS - Web, Email, Notifications, Facebook, and Flash rocks!

2. Acrobat Reader - this is not a bad application and I love having 50gb of Box.net storage online, access remote, and use on my TouchPad or otherwise.

3. Mosaic Reader - very interesting news reader...that I've only begun to tap and see what it has to offer.

4. Moodagent - different take on a music player...where you set you mood and it decides what songs you are interested in hearing. Pretty interface and I'm looking forward to more from this developer!

5. Precentral News (unofficial) - recent update fixes most of my problems and this developer is cranking out some very good stuff.

Thanks for the TouchPad thumbs up, welcome back to webOS, and get used to not sleep! Sorli...
    krawl likes this.