Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Whats the best way to sync a local (pst) outlook calendar with the TP?
    bump. as a temporary solution i simply converted all my local calendars to Google Calendar.... it does it's job and shows up without issues as of yet, however once I'm able to ditch my EVO for a new phone, i'd like to leave android and Google behind me.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    but if I create another entry in outlook, i'd have to manually add it to google as well?right? Can google auto sync with outlook? (or can outlook display google calendars?)
    Google can sync with Outlook but you'll need a third-party program for your PC. Search these threads, I don't remember the names of those programs but there a few of them.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I use something called gSyncit. It is a plug in to Outlook, 2007 in my case. Throughout the day it syncronizes my outlook calender events to Google calendar. Once that happens, I only display my google calendars on my Pre, and now TouchPad. In actuallity, I have 7 google calenders, all color coded, to keep work events seperated from personal events etc. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'll look into that! Whats "not perfect" about it?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Hmmm... gsyncit seems to do what i need. (20 bucks isnt too bad) Does anyone else have any other suggestions/opinions ?
    I generally use iCal (on my mac) to edit my google calendar, which then sends it out to my TP and my phone. Unfortunately I'm not sure of any free way to sync google calendar with outlook.... i'm sure there has to be one somewhere though.
    Try this link for some info, maybe you could get Gcal to sync with your outlook.

Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help

goodluck
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    well what do you know!!! Im gonna try that as soon as I get home!! Thanks Krawl!! (and everyone else)
    Quote Originally Posted by krawl View Post
    Try this link for some info, maybe you could get Gcal to sync with your outlook.

Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help

goodluck
    I installed this and it works great. You can have them sync together or vice versa. I just synced my Outlook Calendar to my gmail Calendar. The only down side is that it does not add it as a separate calendar that you can turn on or off. It just adds all your entries.
    I had that problem at first too.... if you dig around through your browser in Google Calendar settings, you're able to create other calendars within , color code them, and delgate them to show up.....

so on my TP... i have my Work, Appointments, College, ect.... calendars... and i'm able to turn them off/on respectively and edit their colors.... it just took some playing around with (and staying up to 3 am )
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am using this for non-enterprise accounts:

Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    I use something called gSyncit. It is a plug in to Outlook, 2007 in my case. Throughout the day it syncronizes my outlook calender events to Google calendar. Once that happens, I only display my google calendars on my Pre, and now TouchPad. In actuallity, I have 7 google calenders, all color coded, to keep work events seperated from personal events etc. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close.
    I have 2 calendars, not 7, but I would say the not-perfect part is just making the individual google accounts. Once made, however, you can read all of them from a single google account, sort of googles synergy for calendars. The the one google calendar, pull it into webOS hardware and it works pretty well.

For enterprise solutions, I have recently pealed my company off Pop3 email, no calendar (other than the google calendar I made) and moved to online Exchange with Microsoft Office 365. Office 365 is an amazing product, you can have as few as 1 email address on the small business side, and it can grow to enterprise levels.

Good luck to you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    how does the Office 365 integrate the calendar with WebOS?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The not perfect comment of mine falls into 2 categories. The first, is my over tinkering with the app. The syncronization works both ways. I can add a calendar event on my Pre, which automagically updates Google calendars, which then updates Outlook when I next launch it on my laptop.

The other category has to do with moving or deleting calendar events. Because of my tinkering, I've hammered my Outlook calendar a few times and because of that, I have a few phantom meeting requests that pop up every few months. I attribute 99% of all my issues with gSyncit to user error.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    how does the Office 365 integrate the calendar with WebOS?
    Simply be adding the account and synergy with webOS does the rest. Its one of your calendars now, which you can view it from "all calendars" or by itself.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s