1.    #1  
    Launch your Software manager to see what updates you have for your TouchPad. I had six.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Looks great - thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Launch your Software manager to see what updates you have for your TouchPad. I had six.
    Which apps?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Which apps?
    quick office, app catalog, pdf viewer, precentral HD, & TED, for me.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    my software update just keeps spinning and times out...I had 20 updates but nothing would download
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    quick office,
    editing?
    argh... stuck at work or else i'd love to see if they enabled document editing.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i updated mine (3 apps) over freetether! no problems at all. I dont notice a difference in the apps though. (no editing an excel doc)
    argh 28 updates but none of them will download I get an unexpected error occured and thats it

any way to manually check for updates?
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    argh 28 updates but none of them will download I get an unexpected error occured and thats it

any way to manually check for updates?
    I was playing with my device and WebOs Quick Install when I noticed the updates so my updates didn't go smooth. I thought it was because I was just had my device in DevMode and attached to my PC.

Anyway here's my recommendation: You have too many apps that need update. Take a picture of the screen that shows which apps you need to update. That way you'll know what they are and which versions you have installed.

Next try updating one app at a time or do we I did, restart your device and look @ software manager again. It will probably not show that you have any updates. Now look at the Apps part of software manager and see if you have new version #s for the Apps that needed to update.

In my case, I had to go to The App Catalog, click All apps, click new and see if I had the same version as the apps that state Launch ( I couldn't remember which ones were updates). If you tap on the app, it will show you when it was updated. It will show when the app was last updated and the version.
    I had three updates. No issues. My suggestion would be to close all open cards before starting. Give the system as many resources as possible.
    i dont check softwzre managder, it does the checking and notifies. Every day this week i have had an update notification.

i find it interesting that two posts above mention having issues when there are 20+ updates hmm
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i dont check softwzre managder, it does the checking and notifies. Every day this week i have had an update notification.

i find it interesting that two posts above mention having issues when there are 20+ updates hmm
    How were you notified? Do you have special settings? My TouchPad hasn't provided any notifications. I've had to launch Software Manager. Today I had two new app updates: Simple Bible and Touch Declaration. When I launched the apps, it showed the app had updates; but the morning I got the 6 updates, and I had been using PreCentral app and wasn't notified of update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    How were you notified? Do you have special settings? My TouchPad hasn't provided any notifications. I've had to launch Software Manager. Today I had two new app updates: Simple Bible and Touch Declaration. When I launched the apps, it showed the app had updates; but the morning I got the 6 updates, and I had been using PreCentral app and wasn't notified of update.
    i didnt do anything.

the last 3 days a wake up and there is a notification icon telling me i have updates (same thing for my pre minus).

oh sorry for all the typos.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yes, so far I have had 2 notifications telling me of updates.
    Nothing today, sadly. That said, whilst I am glad off app updates I would much rather be notified of a system update
    well i had an existing pre profile, so all my old apps downloaded so I have 100+ apps. still unable to update any thru the software manager notification
    If you have an app that won't update often the solution is to delete the app and re-install. The HP app store will remember that you have paid and will not charge you again.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help... Though we shouldn't need a work-around HP!!!
    zero updates here. Have lots downloaded and just ran software manager - got zip.