Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cyberprashant
  • 1 Post By Midway99
  1.    #1  
    LINK --> Nielsen: smartphones dominate among new subscribers; Android leads, iOS surges, RIM faulters -- Engadget Mobile

WebOS 2% and windows phone7 is 1% = woohoo we're actually beating someone instead of dead last!

was at bestbuy the other day looking at the veer = the rep said the veer was selling quickly
    Rennat likes this.
    Haha I don't expect to see a spike in webOS phones until after TouchPad catches on...and even after that it'll take a few months before people jump on the veer and pre3 wagon.
    It says "HP webOS" as well as "Palm webOS."

Until five days ago the Veer was the only HP webOS product out there. The Pre2 didn't go from Palm to HP webOS until recently. Sounds like the Veer is selling better than all WP7 phones.
    I think these guy's math is a little fuzzy. (38+27+21+9+2+2+1+1+1)=102%
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Nope, that's HP WebOS and the original Palm OS, not WebOS listed twice...

And the math has to do with decimal points and rounding. It's the nature of statistics.
    Nice to hear, a month ago it was like 1%. Can't wait to see WebOS in 2 years.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post

Until five days ago the Veer was the only HP webOS product out there. The Pre2 didn't go from Palm to HP webOS until recently. Sounds like the Veer is selling better than all WP7 phones.
    I think you may be mis-reading. The graphic you're referring to is OS share during the period Mar through May. That's not sales that's usage. The Palm OS is actually the old Palm OS - not webOS. To summarize webOS after 2 years has 2% of the users and WP7 after 9 months has 1%. At this rate neither OS has actually materially outpaced the original Palm OS in overall adoption. Interestingly Windows Mobile still has 9% of the usage even though they're hardly even being sold any more (if at all).

The sales activity is in the top graphic which shows WP7 as 1% of current sales. webOS got lumped in with the 4% referred to as Other.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    It's probably because they round, ei: .5+.6+.9=2, but if you round 1+1+1=3.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    +2 for all things Apple per Engadget
    gerrymad#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    I think you may be mis-reading. The graphic you're referring to is OS share during the period Mar through May. That's not sales that's usage. The Palm OS is actually the old Palm OS - not webOS. To summarize webOS after 2 years has 2% of the users and WP7 after 9 months has 1%. At this rate neither OS has actually materially outpaced the original Palm OS in overall adoption. Interestingly Windows Mobile still has 9% of the usage even though they're hardly even being sold any more (if at all).

The sales activity is in the top graphic which shows WP7 as 1% of current sales. webOS got lumped in with the 4% referred to as Other.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Nope, that's HP WebOS and the original Palm OS, not WebOS listed twice...

And the math has to do with decimal points and rounding. It's the nature of statistics.

My bad. Guess I should have gone to bed a little earlier.