1.    #1  
    Peeps
    I was pondering if I should wait or buy a Touchpad now. I do not need one, but I love webos. However, it turns out that HP is comming out with another Touchpad in a few months. Take a look:
    Leak: HP Plans August Release for 64GB TouchPad | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ricofalltrades View Post
    Peeps
    I was pondering if I should wait or buy a Touchpad now. I do not need one, but I love webos. However, it turns out that HP is comming out with another Touchpad in a few months. Take a look:
    Leak: HP Plans August Release for 64GB TouchPad | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    That was on the front page 2 days ago.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Unless you want 3/4G service - from the terrible AT&T network no less - why wait for that model? It makes little sense to buy a 3/4G enabled version of anything if you have a smartphone that can act as a tether or hot spot for any WiFi device. To use the built-in 3/4G you have to get another full data account - minimum $30/month - vs simply sharing what you already pay for on your phone. I have Lenovo Thinkpad that has CDMA from Verizon built-in from 2006. When I went to activate it Verizon said why would you want to do that - it will cost you more. So I've had it for many years and never activated it. Waste of hardware as it would be for a TouchPad IMO. the 64GB isn't needed for storage as the WebOS is very frugal with memory and even my 16GB Pre+ isn't 1/4 full despite all my mail, music, videos & documents I carry on it.

Why wait - get in on the fun now!
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    u buy something today, its obsolete tomorrow. such is technology in the 21st century
    not that it is obsolete. It is just improved upon on a regular basis.

that is why, you buy what you want and be happy with what you have. Otherwise youll be poor from trying to keep up.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    there are like four new ones coming...
    the pro, which is think is the 64 gig one
    the 7 which is the 7inch tablet.
    the GO which is probably a slab phone
    and Flex, which i have no clue what it could be.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    ugh, a maximum capacity model in 'Unpopular White' which will likely go for $699.99? i say scrap this and rush out version two of the current Touchpad model. yes i said rush, all they really need is a slimmer chassis, a few spec bumps and all of the necessary bug fixes to appease the reviewers and they will be gushing how it's the Touchpad they've all been waiting for and yada yada yada.
    Sounds like classic HP. Why put off until next year what you can improve upon today? I think the end goal may be to eventually have you order your TouchPad the same way you order your PC. You go on and select the features you want. But it'll take a few years for HP to get that system up to speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I think the end goal may be to eventually have you order your TouchPad the same way you order your PC. You go on and select the features you want. But it'll take a few years for HP to get that system up to speed.
    Since HP is in the PC business and PC's are customizable.. makes sense to me. This would be a really great differentiator, and one which HP has more than enough capacity to pull off. But they should at least make a dent in the Ipad numbers before they start rolling out customization options (lest they get ahead of themselves). But yea, Apple will never do this as they just want you to buy a new one every year.