1.    #1  
    So I have easily connected my pre- with webOS 1.4.5 with the TP for the phone app but am unable for the messaging app. Is this normal? If not any tips? I am following the same steps in both apps so I am sure I am connecting the right way.
    i heard messaging needs webOS 2.2 on your phone.
    This is normal. SMS wasn't intended to work for legacy devices. Only the Pre3 and the Veer (with an update) have been confirmed to have SMS working with the TouchPad.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is normal. SMS wasn't intended to work for legacy devices. Only the Pre3 and the Veer (with an update) have been confirmed to have SMS working with the TouchPad.
    are you indicating that pre2 won't be able to do this neither? I though HP said Pre 2 will receive all updates?
    if the pre2 gets 2.2 it should work. I am expecting it will...
    the sms requires a different bluetooth profile not available on any phone released to date (mam i think) -- supposedly the pre 3 will come with this profile other phones could receive this through an update theoretically if the BT radio in the phone is compatable. time will tell
    i have a verizon phone so i think time will probably tell me to stuff it....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    the sms requires a different bluetooth profile not available on any phone released to date (mam i think) -- supposedly the pre 3 will come with this profile other phones could receive this through an update theoretically if the BT radio in the phone is compatable. time will tell
    i have a verizon phone so i think time will probably tell me to stuff it....
    So what is the specific thing a BT radio needs to be compatible with this profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    are you indicating that pre2 won't be able to do this neither? I though HP said Pre 2 will receive all updates?
    At this time, the only devices confirmed to have this functionality are the Pre3 and the Veer (with an update). Theoretically, the Pre 2 can do this with an update but according to HP there is no information at this time on any other devices which does include the Pre 2.

I'm not saying that the Pre 2 will NOT get it, all I'm saying is that information on the Pre 2 having this functionality is not available.
    What can be done with Bluetooth with old devices then?
    You can still use the phone portion of the older devices with the TouchPad. Go to a Bestbuy, pair your WebOS BT device with the TouchPad and when you make a phone call, the TouchPad becomes the receiver. You can hear the conversation through the TouchPad speakers and they can hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You can still use the phone portion of the older devices with the TouchPad. Go to a Bestbuy, pair your WebOS BT device with the TouchPad and when you make a phone call, the TouchPad becomes the receiver. You can hear the conversation through the TouchPad speakers and they can hear you.
    I was just at a best buy playing with one. I actually posted that last comment from it. Lol. I was trying to figure out what BT is used for with older devices because I too was thinking messages would be seen on the TP. I looked at photos thinking you can transfer them that way but no. I didn't try making a call. Something I'll have to try next time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the responses. Kind of what I expected I was just hoping I was doing something wrong.

Maybe someone will be able to patch this for us stuck on sprint with the pre-

PS I only got one instant email notification about this post. So much for not having to manually check for replys.