View Poll Results: Is HP targeting Enterprise or Consumer markets with the TouchPad?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mostly Enterprise

4 14.29%
  • Mostly Consumer

3 10.71%
  • A good split down the middle both enterprise and consumer

21 75.00%
  1.    #1  
    This has been the story for about a week : The TouchPad is an enterprise tablet just like the Playbook and that is why the launch seems like a soft launch.

I believe that HP is happy that this is the story going around and this is all part of the plan. Once the word gets around the enterprise world then HP will have gained some attention, come middle of July (17th after the embargo is gone) HP will hit the airwaves with massive marketing.

I feel like HP has the strength to target consumers and not just the enterprise like people are saying. I feel like they didn't hire Russell Brand, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Lebron James, etc to target the Enterprise market.

Am I wrong to believe that there is a massive marketing campaign NOT intended to target the enterprise market but rather the CONSUMER?

Please let me know.
  2.    #2  
    And I do mean by consumer market that they are targeting the consumer that would otherwise buy the iPad 2.
    only HP knows.

honestly, your question cannot be answered by anybody other than high level HP insiders.

You can make a poll asking people here to "suggest" hp targeting this or that market tho.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I guess I just meant for people to put out their predictions about what HP will do.
    okay, I vote for consumer market, because I don't believe none-windows tablet of any kind can really sell big in business market. Im sure a lot of people disagree, I won't be convinced until I see some credible sales number.
  6.    #6  
    I can agree with that in a way, definitely I've seen demand for Windows based tablets in the enterprise market more than any mobile OS.
  7.    #7  
    Let me follow up by saying that I think Windows 8 is the beginning of the end of desktop based operating systems and that the demand for Windows as we have discussed is going to either grow or fade away.
  8.    #8  
    Split down the middle is the most popular choice so far.