1.    #1  
    Okay so it sort of works. It does definitely charge though.
    If you plug it in it will tell you to use the one supplied with the touchpad.

But I left mine at work. So I plugged it in and turned the TP off. It took about an hour to add 10% but its a plus to anyone who may have forgotten the original charger.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Yeah, I'm using my Pre charger and it basically seems to keep the battery charge constant.
    same here I'm using the pre charger for over night charging next to my bed and I leave the TP charger down stairs for faster charging.
    So, new question. What happens if I plug my Pre 2 into the Touchpad charger? Does it charge faster or ... explode ... or what? Also, what about old Touchstone?
    who is wiling to test? I would buy an original touchpad charger sparepart to charge my phone if this would speed it up. Can't imagine Touchstone charging to be faster, but perhaps USB charging.
  6.    #6  
    I'll try it tonight! But I placed my To on the touchstone and it wasn't magnetic so I'm not sure where the coils are... It seems as if the pre needed to be exactly centered to work
    I've been charging my Pre- with my Touchpad charger - no problems. It seems to go a little faster, but I haven't actually measured it.

No, it did not blow up.
    If you look at the chargers:

Smartphone charger output: 5 volts, 1 amp
    TouchPad charger output: 5.2 volts, 2 amps

That's what they are *capable* of putting out if the device connected to them will take it, so the TouchPad charger can definitely charge faster. The Smartphones will probably not take much more than 1 amp of charge anyhow so their's not much danger in using the TouchPad charger on a Pre.
    Thanks. I'll try it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by pareinai View Post
    So, new question. What happens if I plug my Pre 2 into the Touchpad charger? Does it charge faster or ... explode ... or what? Also, what about old Touchstone?
    I believe that Hardbeatz (Palm employee) said that using the Touchpad charger on the Pre will not hurt it. I'll look for his post.

Actually he was talking about the Veer and the Touchpad, but it still applies:

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The cable itself shouldn't matter. It's the barrels that really matter. You can use the Veer barrel with the Veer only, but you can use the Touchpad barrel with both devices.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/07/2011 at 04:24 PM.