Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By runukraine
  • 1 Post By sorli
  1.    #1  
    I really looked into getting the CourseSmart eTextbook app for the TocuhPad because it's an awesome resource for college. It doesn't work and so I contacted the company to see if they were working on fixing it. Turns out the rep I was with had no idea there was an app on the TouchPad. I don't blame him at all but its disappointing that there was no support for it at all. Very sad to see a major eTextbook company to do this. If other devs are like this things do not look good. (Chat below.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, my name is 'Charles'. I am currently reviewing the information that you have provided, please give me a minute to complete this.

Noah: Hi.

Charles: I would be happy to look into this for you. One moment please.

Noah: Thank you.

Charles: Currently there has not been an app for the HP Touchpad. You can still view the book on a browser from the Touchpad however.

Noah: Really? I have the app with me. I know I can view online but I'd perfer to have it with me on the app for offline use.

Charles: If you are using a Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 5 browser you can view upto 3 chapters offline at a time.

Noah: Yes, I know but I'm looking for app support from the app you guys have for the TouchPad. I know there is an app because I am looking at it. I just want to know if you guys are planning on fixing it or updating it any time soon.

Charles: Just a moment.

Charles: Thank you for waiting. I will send your request to level 2 as we do not have information on an HP Touchpad app at this time. They will be able to provide information on this app.

Noah: Ok, thank you very much. So what do I do?

Charles: Level 2 will email you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    I really looked into getting the CourseSmart eTextbook app for the TocuhPad because it's an awesome resource for college. It doesn't work and so I contacted the company to see if they were working on fixing it. Turns out the rep I was with had no idea there was an app on the TouchPad. I don't blame him at all but its disappointing that there was no support for it at all. Very sad to see a major eTextbook company to do this. If other devs are like this things do not look good. (Chat below.)

Hello, my name is 'Charles'. I am currently reviewing the information that you have provided, please give me a minute to complete this.

Noah: Hi.

Charles: I would be happy to look into this for you. One moment please.

Noah: Thank you.

Charles: Currently there has not been an app for the HP Touchpad. You can still view the book on a browser from the Touchpad however.

Noah: Really? I have the app with me. I know I can view online but I'd perfer to have it with me on the app for offline use.

Charles: If you are using a Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 5 browser you can view upto 3 chapters offline at a time.

Noah: Yes, I know but I'm looking for app support from the app you guys have for the TouchPad. I know there is an app because I am looking at it. I just want to know if you guys are planning on fixing it or updating it any time soon.

Charles: Just a moment.

Charles: Thank you for waiting. I will send your request to level 2 as we do not have information on an HP Touchpad app at this time. They will be able to provide information on this app.

Noah: Ok, thank you very much. So what do I do?

Charles: Level 2 will email you on this.

level 2?? why wouldnt Level 1 know.. its not that hard.. check with level 2 and find out why the heck they dont know about a Touchpad app...

did you give them a link to the app??
    Have you looked at a conversion program called Hamster? It's supposed to convert ebooks to any format, so perhaps you can convert them to something for the TP, especially once the Kindle App is done... and it's FREE!
    developer support is looking great. I dont know what the fuss is... Lol.

there is another thread on here about how touchpad launched with more apps yhan honeycomb has now, months after release. I especially loved a quote from an HP spokesperson who said

'yeah we launched with 400. But what most people arent aware of is that we have another FEW HUNDRED more around The corner'

they are doing great.
    The TouchPad has been out for what... 5 days now? HP has some DEEP connections within main channels like education (which is huge). Give them a chance to work those channels and get apps developed. I'm not saying something is in development (who knows), but a support rep at any level isn't going to know what is being developed... just what is available now, or 'soon'. Give the devs at least more than a few days time.
    I thought it was interesting that the first mobile app for Khan Academy is for the Touchpad.

Speaks to the *potential* educational value of a Touchpad and *hopefully* HP's efforts to forge developer / content provider relationships.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    This is when you complain and say "Why isn't the Touchpad on your website or have any support on your website?"
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Yes this is pretty sad...wonder if the developer of the TouchPad app and CourseSmart are the same people? Either way, interesting and a tell tell sign that HP still needs to do a lot of work! Sorli...
    ericblackdv likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yes this is pretty sad...wonder if the developer of the TouchPad app and CourseSmart are the same people? Either way, interesting and a tell tell sign that HP still needs to do a lot of work! Sorli...
    I reiterate.. its been out for FIVE days! LOL Yes, there is some work to do... It even took God 6 days to create the world... but HP gets 5 days to fill a catalog or its incredibly sad? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I reiterate.. its been out for FIVE days! LOL Yes, there is some work to do... It even took God 6 days to create the world... but HP gets 5 days to fill a catalog or its incredibly sad? LOL
    I thought the OP was saying that he had the app for the TouchPad, but it wasn't working correctly. "It doesn't work and so I contacted the company to see if they were working on fixing it"
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    I thought the OP was saying that he had the app for the TouchPad, but it wasn't working correctly. "It doesn't work and so I contacted the company to see if they were working on fixing it"
    No... he's saying there is no app currently for the TouchPad, and wants one. I was teasin' to give HP some time to work their contacts in those channels.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    No... he's saying there is no app currently for the TouchPad, and wants one. I was teasin' to give HP some time to work their contacts in those channels.
    No, i already have the app. I was wondering if they were going to fix it. Cause right now it doesn't work at all.
    Strange that they would release an app that doesn't work.