1.    #1  
    I am having trouble sending email from my comcast.net account on their stmp.comcast.net server with my touchpad. I am able to receive comcast email by pop3 with no problems. When I send, the notification area says sending, but the email ends up in the outbox with an exclamation triangle by it and it never really gets sent.

I have gone through the manual setup and everything is line for line identical to the setup on my pre, which sends with no problems. I also am able to send through gmail with no issues. I'd appreciate any advise or insight.
    should be smtp not stmp
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by corn13read View Post
    should be smtp not stmp
    Yeah - you're right. I've been looking at it so long I'm seeing backwards. Anyways, after several attempts to find the right combination of username, password, and ports I ended up removing the account and adding it all over again. All seems to be good again - for now.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I am having trouble sending email from my comcast.net account on their stmp.comcast.net server with my touchpad. I am able to receive comcast email by pop3 with no problems. When I send, the notification area says sending, but the email ends up in the outbox with an exclamation triangle by it and it never really gets sent.

I have gone through the manual setup and everything is line for line identical to the setup on my pre, which sends with no problems. I also am able to send through gmail with no issues. I'd appreciate any advise or insight.
    I am now having the same problem. My TouchPad sends and receives email perfectly when I am away from home, using other ISPs. but when I am at home, I can receive with all the same settings, but my outgoing email goes into my OUTBOX and dose not get sent.

My service provider at home is Comcast WiFi, but my email account is with Earthlink and my touchPad is configured exactly like my laptop...which sends and receives without issue.

I have tried changing the outgoing port from 25 to 464 to 587, as recommended by others, but to no avail.

Am I going to have to set up a separate Comcast account for whenever I want to SEND email from home?

Please say it "ain't so".

...Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnham View Post
    I am now having the same problem. My TouchPad sends and receives email perfectly when I am away from home, using other ISPs. but when I am at home, I can receive with all the same settings, but my outgoing email goes into my OUTBOX and dose not get sent.

My service provider at home is Comcast WiFi, but my email account is with Earthlink and my touchPad is configured exactly like my laptop...which sends and receives without issue.

I have tried changing the outgoing port from 25 to 464 to 587, as recommended by others, but to no avail.

Am I going to have to set up a separate Comcast account for whenever I want to SEND email from home?

Please say it "ain't so".

...Jay
    Could you provide a screenshot of both your laptop's email settings and your TouchPad's email settings? Black out your personal details of course.

Edit: And a screenie of your Comcast settings on both devices, too.