Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I went to Best Buy to try out the TP for the first time, and had no idea that Hulu works from the browser??

Can someone explain why neither the iPad or Xoom have this capability?

Edit: Original Pre- owner and super stoked about webOS overall, but holding reservations about pulling the trigger on this 1st gen tablet.
    HULU actively blocks those platforms. Being small has its advantages.
  3.    #3  
    Should the webOS platform expect to be blocked soon then?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealaniz View Post
    Should the webOS platform expect to be blocked soon then?
    webOS users shouldn't be shocked if it does get blocked.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I honestly don't see it being blocked anytime soon. Not as long as Hulu doesn't have or isn't working on a webOS app of some sort. They would really just be shooting themselves in thee foot since there would be no alternative way of viewing content. I guess I could see them maybe requiring hulu plus to watch from a touchpad, that could make sense. Besides, if they did that they wouldn't even have to devote the resources to develop an App.

Hmmmm, maybe we should submit them that idea. . . No need to make an App, but still get the viewers AND revenue from Hulu plus.
    o2bsailin likes this.
    As soon as Hulu realizes the TouchPad has slipped through they will block it. I have no doubt about that
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It works because webOS 3 has flash, so hulu (and xfinitytv/hbogo) work.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    It works because webOS 3 has flash, so hulu (and xfinitytv/hbogo) work.
    not really. Most android browsers now have flash (oh firefox, oh well), hulu is still being blocked.
    i expect it to be blocked.

i wish content providers would stop treating tablets as something other than what they are. PCs.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It worked on the playbook for a week or 2 then hulu caught on and now the playbook is blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    not really. Most android browsers now have flash (oh firefox, oh well), hulu is still being blocked.
    Doesn't android have a Hulu plus app though?

Also I guess maybe I just really WISH I had no doubt. I can get a little over-optomistic about our beloved webOS at times.

Let's at least enjoy it while it lasts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    as soon as they can block the browser on the touchpad they will, same as they did on my Playbook.
    Another advantage to putting webOS on every HP computer... Hulu probably sees the TP and PC webOS browsers as the same... and allowed!
    lukehale and Felipe like this.
    Conspiracy of silence my friends... Delete this and all other threads mentioning anything about this. Don't tell people. Enjoy Hulu on Touchpad in perpetuity.
    Mods!!! Get to it! Time to shred the evidence.
    dont get excited folks. Hulu WILL block this. Not 'may' block this, they WILL block this. They dont have the licensing to play on mobile devices, and it seems like they dont wanna pay for it, thus, they created hulu plus.
    there is probably so e hulu engineer wondering "what is this thing called webOS?"
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    dont get excited folks. Hulu WILL block this. Not 'may' block this, they WILL block this. They dont have the licensing to play on mobile devices, and it seems like they dont wanna pay for it, thus, they created hulu plus.
    if its webos running on a PC... It ain't mobile...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if its webos running on a PC... It ain't mobile...

And, with the Touchpad being currently Wifi only, wouldn't that be closer to something like a netbook/laptop (though much better)? I mean even some netbooks were/are more "mobile" due to the fact they have built in 3g. Kinda starts to blur the line if you really think about it.
    yes! No 3g radio = not a phone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast