Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    I live in Canada and I got no e-mail from HP about the "Make Things Right" rebate.
    So if I have a Palm Pre- on Bell and buy the TouchPad (64GB), how will I get the 50$ off?

And what are they going to give? Are they sending a 50$ by mail or it is a 50$ discount for HP products or something like that?

Does anybody have try to get their discount??

Thanks for your help...
    Last edited by vince400; 07/08/2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Add specific country
    I have only heard of the $50 dollars back for the 32GB TP, but it would make sense for the 64. I believe it is a mail in rebate. I haven't filed mine yet. You only have till July 31st so I wouldn't count on it for the 64GB TP. Here is precentral article: $50 HP TouchPad Mail-In rebate now available for early adopters | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    I have only heard of the $50 dollars back for the 32GB TP, but it would make sense for the 64. I believe it is a mail in rebate. I haven't filed mine yet. You only have till July 31st so I wouldn't count on it for the 64GB TP. Here is precentral article: $50 HP TouchPad Mail-In rebate now available for early adopters | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Tanks for the info. And sorry, I mean the 32 GB.
    Oh.......this is the make it right offer? I have an ipad, so i dont need a touchpad...im going to need a new phone. 2 yrs on original pre in november...
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 07/06/2011 at 12:06 AM.
  5.    #5  
    ... But the link is for the USA. Will we have the same deal in Canada if I buy the 32 GB TouchPad on July 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by vince400 View Post
    I live in Canada and I got no e-mail from HP about the "Make Things Right" rebate.
    So if I have a Palm Pre- on Bell and buy the TouchPad (64GB), how will I get the 50$ off?

And what are they going to give? Are they sending a 50$ by mail or it is a 50$ discount for HP products or something like that?

Does anybody have try to get their discount??

Thanks for your help...
    There is no "Make Things Right" rebate. That was a misconception, unfortunately propagated to a large degree on this forum.

The "Early Adopters" program is only for US purchasers, who bought a Pre, Pre+, Pixi, or Pixi+, and they will get $50 back if they purchase the 32gb TouchPad.

HP has said that other promotions will be offered in other countries as the devices are released in those countries.
    The rebate form right now says only for US.

Don't think the Canadian program has started yet. It would be stupid to start now anyways, since the US program ends July 31st and Canada doesn't get it till later next week.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8.    #8  
    On Palm's blog, It says that it is for US and Canada.

Through July 31, you can get a $50 rebate on the purchase of a new 32GB TouchPad. Proof of ownership of a Palm Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi, or Pixi Plus (initially in the US or Canada) will be required. This mail-in rebate is good wherever you buy your TouchPad, including preorders and reservations. (Watch your email inbox for details.)
    So now that the TouchPad is out in Canada does anybody know how to get the 50$ mail-in-rebate??

The Official HP Palm Blog: Early adopters: your new TouchPad just got $50 closer
    No but we did get an instant $70 off that USA didn't get. So I think we should be happy with that. I've called HP and they know nothing about it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Weaser999 likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Will I still be able to get this deal if I ordered the TP today, July 30th, through Amazon, but won't actually be receiving it until August 1st?
    The rebate is based on purchase date.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...