Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone having intermittent wifi issues on the Touchpad?
    Not here. So far WiFi has been rock solid.
    Here is a post that might help:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ard-reset.html

Someone else reporting having issues with DLink wireless router too.
    I did have an odd experience when connecting off a friend's wifi. They're out in the sticks, so the only internet option is satellite (direcway)... It was like my TP had received a full frontal lobotomy! Every application would become super laggy. They'd open fine, go to card view, maximize, etc., and into/out of launcher was good to, but as soon you actually tried to interact with an app it got stupid slow... Got a random reboot as well.
    After about 4 hours, it was a little better, and putting the TP into/out of airplane mode seemed to improve things as well. But nowhere near what I had become used to at home. Battery life was affected as well, but not as bad.

Back at home on "nothing special" DSL it's returned to it's normal awesomeness.

I'm thinking that a lot of reports of laggy performance at stores and other public places is due to data choking at routers local to the device.
    TANSTAAFL!
    Rock solid here also...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I've only had my TP about 3 hours and I've already noticed this. Every now and then net access locks up and the only resolution I've found is to turn off wifi and then turn it back on.

I've a Belkin 11g access point.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it. I will keep testing again today before I take it back to BestBuy for an exchange. It appears that my model might be have some wifi issues. Basically whenever it drops internet connection I can still access internet from my laptop and Sprint Pre Minus phone. I have tried to reset the wifi on the touchpad by clicking "forget network" in the wifi preferences screen, and reconnect back to the wifi network. Sometimes reconnecting works but not all the time. I am currently using a Netgear Wireless N Gigabit Router Model WNR3500 with Wireless security set to WPA+PSK[TKIP] +WPA2-PSK[AES]
    I would like to get some log files from devices experiencing this issue. Below you will find the steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Go into Device diagnostics
    3. Select Menu
    4. Click on collect logs
    5. Email logs to me (send me a private message for email address)

I would also like to get exact router specs for routers that are not working so we can investigate further.

To send the log file, reproduce the issue, notate the time, send log file.

Thank you
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9.    #9  
    I will do this when I get home from work.
    It might be a good idea to post your access point settings and firmware version too, in case someone sees any pattern (settings, brands, models, etc). I noticed in the other thread that disabling WPA/WPA2 and set security to WPA only seems to help.
    Number09 likes this.
    I couldnt connect to my home router (used it at a friends house first)

eventually tried turning off security and it worked. It also worked with wpa. But cannot connect to my rosewill router in wep mode lol (friend had wep too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I would like to get some log files from devices experiencing this issue. Below you will find the steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Go into Device diagnostics
    3. Select Menu
    4. Click on collect logs
    5. Email logs to me (send me a private message for email address)

I would also like to get exact router specs for routers that are not working so we can investigate further.

To send the log file, reproduce the issue, notate the time, send log file.

Thank you
    I have one small issue - my TP won't get a DHCP address from my router. I manually assigned a safe IP address, and it works fine. When I use my Pre (Freetether) it works fine. My office system works fine. Lots of other devices work fine on my router (including several Pre devices). How would you like me to log that?

Read a couple more. It's worth mentioning, my home router encryption is also set to WEP.
  13.    #13  
    My Wi-Fi issues occured again on my Touchpad. I initially thought that these problems were hardware related but I now believe that it is software related or at least a software related problem with some routers or router Wi-Fi settings.

Yesterday I went and exchanged my Touchpad for a new Touchpad device at Best Buy because I thought that the Wi-Fi hardware was faulty and giving me intermittent results. Once I got the new device I was able to initially get on the internet with no problems. After playing around with the device, I plugged my Touchpad to charge last night, and the device went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, I pushed the on button to wake the touchpad, entered by Device Lock PIN (I am using an Exchange Account), and attempted to browse the web. I typed in some urls but the web pages would not load and I got a cannot load page error in the process. I also attempted to connect to the box.net app but the app hung.

I checked the my Wi-Fi settings and I was still connected to my network and I had an i.p. address. I decided to go downstairs to a location closer to the router even though I had full signal bars upstairs. I attempted to connect to web pages again but I received the same error. I tried to access these same sites on my Wi-Fi enabled phone and my Sprint pre phone was able to access these web pages very quickly. I then decided to go to the basement where the router is located. I sat directly next to the router but I got the same results, no webpage would load, but again my Sprint pre minus phone was able to load these same web pages very quickly.

I proceeded to reset my Wi-Fi connection on the touchpad by going to Wi-Fi preferences, clicking forget network, and re-establishing connection to the Wi-Fi network again. Once I was able to successfully reconnect, I was able to get access to the web and the box.net app.

My Wi-Fi Settings

Router Name: Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit WNR 3500
    Security: WPA + PSK [TKIP] +WPA2 – PSK [AES]
    Wireless Mode: up to 145 Mbps
    Channel: Auto
    Last edited by WaleE; 07/06/2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Did not complete post.
    I'm having the same issue on my home network. D-Link DIR-655 with WPA2 Only. TP still shows it's connected, but won't load website or app needing network. Turning WiFi off and on fixes everything... for a while at least. I'll try to get logs later.
    I've had problems with the demo units not finding my hotspot generated by my Pre-. I've never had one find it at all..
    No issues on either tethered pre 2 OR home wifi (linksys router)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Same issue. About 3 soft resets will get it back again. It seems to do it if it sits for more than 8 hours (did it all weekend to me, and now doing it when I get home from work).
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbecot01 View Post
    I couldnt connect to my home router (used it at a friends house first)

eventually tried turning off security and it worked. It also worked with wpa. But cannot connect to my rosewill router in wep mode lol (friend had wep too!)
    The TouchPad is telling you not to use WEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    I'm having the same issue on my home network. D-Link DIR-655 with WPA2 Only. TP still shows it's connected, but won't load website or app needing network. Turning WiFi off and on fixes everything... for a while at least. I'll try to get logs later.
    Same router and same problem for me. I am thinking it could be a DNS issue.
    This is a known problem of some router/firmware not handling power save mode. Same thing on pre/pixi/eyefone...
    Search for a firmware update or buy a modern router

EDIT: And switch the Wifi to stay connected: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3020829
    Last edited by somline; 07/06/2011 at 11:55 PM.
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast