Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tafari06 View Post
    I was having the same issue of my Touchpad not connecting to my D-Link DIR-615 and locking up the router. I found this article from HP and it seem to resolve my issue. The only thing I changed was changing my router settings from 802.11n/b/g to 802.11b/g. The Touchpad isn't compatible with with 802.11a or 802.11n. Two days later and still no issues on my end.

Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - I can
    You're spreading a bit of misinformation here, probably unintentionally. The support page says that the TouchPad does not support 802.11n unless your router's n is backwards compatible with b/g.

I'm not sure why there are any n-standards out there that are not backwards compatible, but I know for a fact that my TouchPad connects to n networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    I had this wifi intermittent issue. I was using a D-Link DIR-615 router and decided I would try a new router to see if it would help. I figured that it either will fix it or I would return the router. I purchased a Cisco Linksys E-1200 router on Monday evening and have not lost my wifi signal once on the touchpad. The strength of the signal actually does not seem as strong on this router as the D-Link but it has been working. I set it to wpa2, N only, and channel 11. It has been more than 48 hours so I'm hoping this means that it is fixed.

My advice is to try a different router and see if it fixes the issue. Also, I've looked at different forums about this issue and it seems like a lot of the people with this issue have a D-Link router so I'm not sure if D-Link has issues with touchpad. Best of luck to all of you.
    I'm curious as to the settings you used on your D-Link router. I have the same one, and cured my problem by going to g-only (disclaimer: n-only also worked, but I couldn't use it because I have other wireless devices that don't support n). You mentioned using n-only on your new router, but I'm wondering if mixed mode would work as well.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am having problems with WiFi. I also use the 2Wire router on Bell. I had it set as WPA and WAP2 and it would not connect despite at least a dozen tries. I used the JOIN NETWORK Option and specified WAP but it tried and failed. It comes back asking to enter in addresses. If you enter a valid IP, subnet, gateway of the router and DNS (same as the gateway address). It will work. However I can do this for other WiFi I might come across that are secured and they give you a password for their establishment to keep unauthorized people out. Too cumbersome process.

A better solution if its your router is to set it as WAP only. Note: on the PC you'll have to reconfigure your connect as well. WAP2 in Windows used AES encryption while WAP required it as TIPK (spellling could be wrong) but you'd have to change otherwise the access point list has a RED X beside it.

With WAP only on the router it will connect automatically as it should. My smart phone and other devices had no problem negotiating the different protocols but the touchpad does.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Im having the same problem with my phone free tether app. it uses wap2 and the the other option is to set it to open
    I have a dir615 also, tried most options and it was still sporadic until I changed the router to g only. So far its been working pretty well since disabling n.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Accordnig to spec's I read somewhere its suppose to suppose N in dual band as well (5GHZ). But mixed WPA and WPA2 does not seem to allow the Touchpad to acquire DHCP info. You have to add a network and then type in all the IP info manually unless you change the router to WAP only. This of course is not good if you're trying to connect elsewhere since you cannot get the places to change their free access which they give you a pass word for or friends places. Its a real pain.

You have to call and report these problems to HP Support and I have already. They are not aware of it it seems and a fix will never come if knowone else calls. they'll just think it a occasional unit and have you reflash it with WebOS Doctor to see if it fixes the issues.

Forum posting is fine in that others know its not unique to them but if HP is not called the fix will never be their in the next update which they are working on.
    I was having the same problem of constant drop outs on the TouchPad, and it also affected my wired computers as I was experiencing random DNS errors that began only after the TouchPad was added to the network.

Setting my router (SMC WGBR14-N Barricade) to use g mode only seems to have solved the problem (I also set it to AES only).

I've now had no web browsing issues for the past two days. The only hiccup was in the App Catalog where a couple of pages failed to load on the first attempt.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Once I changed my router's setting to WPA2..works perfectly and fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    You have to call and report these problems to HP Support and I have already. They are not aware of it it seems and a fix will never come if knowone else calls. they'll just think it a occasional unit and have you reflash it with WebOS Doctor to see if it fixes the issues.
    I was going to call them about my issue since I can't seem to find a solution online for it but I have no idea where to look for the proper contact number. I'd hate to call one number and be on hold for significant time to find out I'm not talking to the right people. If we could be pointed in the direction of the number to call that would be great.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thought I had posted in this thread but I have had an ongoing issue with my wifi on 2 32GB TPs. I have had to reduce my wifi security to WPA-PSK[TKIP] as the Touchpads will not auth using WPA2-PSK[AES] or WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]. About 10 seconds after I switch to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] both TPs will drop off the network and as soon as I switch back to WPA-PSK[TKIP] they will come back on shortly after.

Sadly I used custom firmware on my Netgear DG834N (V1.01.06 - DGTeam Rev. 0743) and have been unable to get an up to date one without having to go back to official firmware that disabled some of the features. At a bit of a loss really and have emailed the tech guys at HP but not heard anything back now for a week or so.
    My problem is this:

The TP is connected to the router and can access other network resources such as a network drive.

My problem is that (although it is connected to the router) it intermittently loses it's Internet connection.

I can access network resources, but not the INTERNET.

If I put it back in the charger overnight, it works in the morning.

The other TP's can access without a problem while this one is having issues.

Anyone else experience this?
    simhomer

I read the OP of a thread that may be the solution in your case but I can't seem to find it. I don't remember the title which isn't helping my search for it. The OP described the problem as wifi is connected but can't access the internet and described what solved it for them.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Any fix for intermittent WiFi loss yet?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Well, I am back to square one on my wifi issue. I tried the KeepAlive site recommended above, and I can see by the history in my browser that it hit for 14 straight times at 1 minute each, then bailed and needed credentials, so it's not this type of time-out that we thought it was.
    tim
    I'm having a small issue too....but it's a little different than you guys. I have the DIR-655 and I've never LOST connection. I would post my information but I don't know where to find that information. I know to go to 192.168.0.1 but don't know where it is in there..

The issue I have is that when I watch a video or listen to Pandora (anything on the internet) it stops for a VERY short time like .5 seconds and then keeps playing. Even in Pandora the song will stop for .5 seconds then keep going. Pretty annoying when it happens when listening to a song.
    Last edited by suikostinger; 09/06/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    I'm getting fed up with my TP... when it is connected to my wifi it works great and doesn't lose the connection. But when I switch to another network and try to get back on my home network it will not connect and it seems like the wifi just drops all connections and I have to keep turning on and off wifi to see any wifi signals. No wonder this tablet didn't sell... it doesn't work when you want it to!
    Here is some info that might help other people with wifi problems.

My company has a dedicated WiFi network for employee smartphones and visitor laptops (ie. customers, vendors, etc). It is a nonbroadcasting OPEN network. My touchpad will not recognize it, but my Pre2 has never had any problems connecting to it.

I contacted HP Technical Support. The Tech Rep told me that there is a known issue with the touchpad not being able to connect to nonbroadcasting wifi networks. They are working on a solution, but no idea when it will be completed & rolled out.

If anyone knows any workarounds, please reply.

Thanks
    happens to me on university wifi connection
    If you are having trouble connecting to a wifi that isn't broadcasting SSID and you have wifi set to sleep when device sleeps change it to keep wifi on. I've found that mine will reconnect but it takes more than a minute to as much as several minutes with rare occasion longer. If wifi is set to sleep when device sleeps then wifi doesn't stay on long enough to reconnect if you let the screen power off so that device sleeps and turns wifi off again while you are trying to use it. I had thought previously it wasn't connecting because I wasn't waiting over a minute or longer for it to do so. Obviously it is supposed to be connection nearly instantly when woken up. Even when wifi is set to sleep it should only take a matter of 10 seconds maybe less.

The only other option I have found for those having the same kind of problem I'm having is to broadcast the SSID. Not exactly the best option since even with security settings that's like a neon sign saying hey here I am try and break into my network. Even allowing by mac address isn't full proof since I'm pretty sure mac addresses can be changed. I guess you can call me paranoid but I go for the most secure on everything I do with computer related.
    I too am having issues with the TP and wifi. Mostly I have noticed issues with certain things not loading in the browser or page loads stalling out completely.
    A perfect example of the stalling out would be with this site itself:

I cant even access precentral.net on my TP anymore(even after clearing cache, cookies, etc). Instead I have to use a computer if I want to come here.

Also streaming audio and video seem to stop working after about 30seconds to a minutes. Not sure I have noticed wifi dropping completely as it seems to stay connected but its unstable downloads sometimes fail, low speeds, ping timeouts, etc.

I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 router as well. I saw a few others mentioning having troubles with it. I'm wondering what hardware rev you have as Dlink made a couple of different versions for the same model number. Mine is A2 and was running old 1.11EU firmware so I updated to the latest version with no improvement. Every other device that I have including multiple laptops(both pcs & macs), an xbox360, an iPod Touch & iPhone, AppleTV, that uses Wifi has no problems with this router. So it seems the problem is with the TP itself.

My wireless is setup with the following config on the DIR-655:
    SSID broadcast enabled(visible)
    802.11 Mode mixed G & N
    Auto Channel Scan enabled
    Transmission Rate best(automatic)
    Channel Width 20mhz
    Security Mode WPA-Personal
    WPA Mode Auto(WPA or WPA2)
    Cipher Type TKIP & AES
    Group Key Update Interval 3600 seconds.

Funny thing is I tried temporarily using an old Linksys WRT54GL 1.1 router with DDWRT using the same config with the only difference being its only supports 802.11g and it worked perfectly with the TP.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast