Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This is a known problem of some router/firmware not handling power save mode. Same thing on pre/pixi/eyefone...
    Search for a firmware update or buy a modern router

EDIT: And switch the Wifi to stay connected: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3020829
    My Apple airport extreme works perfect if you want a suggestion
    I believe that I have searched and viewed all of the posts regarding the wifi losing connection problems.

I like many others have a router that other computers can log onto just fine. The TouchPad seems to either not able to connect or will lose its connection while in the middle of viewing something.

Has there been a solution? Is it firmware for the router?

Thanks for the help.
    I'm still waiting for an answer for my wifi issues. works on one and not well on the other. sent in logs on august 5th and have not heard back yet. Left posts on both bug threads called the help place and still can only use tp on one of my wifi's at one of my locations. Hoped the OTA would somehow solve my problems but it did not. The OTA did make tp work even better on the one wifi but no change on the other.I resent my logs Friday just in case anybody cares.
    I've lost patience and will now post on any wifi issue thread I find.
    My plan now is to get the sqeaky hinge greased .
    THe TouchPad is really bad with finding networks and at times even after it has found them, it has problems logging on. Strangest part is that after several attempts to search, sometimes after restarting the touchpad, it finds the networks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Mine has worked Great at home from day one. but at work with linksys2500 its like it does not like the wifi. if its just settings on the wifi then I need to know what to set the wifi to or not set it to. The tp will do some things on that wifi and not others and some days it will do a little better than the day before and it shows that it is connected the whole time
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Doctored and still happens!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Haven't had any problems with my touchpad until today. Wifi will not even turn on for my touchpad so even searching for a connection is out of the question. Anyone have a similar problem?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    From another thread, people have had luck by using AES encryption instead of TKIP. I'm going to start testing that theory this evening.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Another thread has mentioned that changing the encryption from TKIP to AES has resolved their connectivity problems. YMMV.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    With my touchpad it was a problem with an out dated n class router. Updated firmware made it work.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    On the latest firmware on my router (1.35NA) on DIR-655. This is annoying me to death!
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I changed the wpa2 encoding from tkip to aes and the WiFi has been hanging on all night. I've been testing it in an area that has given me lots of problems before. On my D-link, this was a drop down setting under the encryption page. On my apple airport express, I changed the setting from wpa/wpa2 to wpa2. I hope this lasts and can be verified from others with WiFi problems. If so, we can report a tkip bug to HP.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with my dlink dir-655 too, latest firmware. No issues with my downstairs router (apple airport extreme). Log seems to show tp constantly reassociating. Will try AES only next (auto now).
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Happened again with AES only enabled :/

On DIR-655 with 1.35NA firmware.
    I've been getting dropped WiFi Connections too. (Drat!)
    Linksys WRT 54 GS - using WPA;AES w/ G Only.
    Regular Linksys firmware didn't work at all - but thought I got it to work
    when I flashed w dd-wrt
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Happened again with AES only enabled :/

On DIR-655 with 1.35NA firmware.
    Here's my wireless settings for my DIR-655 1.35NA firmware

Mixed 802.11g and 802.11b mode
    enable auto channel scan checked
    transmission rate best
    visibility status visible

security mode WPA-Personal
    WPA mode WPA2 Only
    cipher type AES
    group key update interval 3600
    22 character pre-shared key
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Strange- after trying like 6 times it finally just worked. No changes at all. Must be a timeout or something trying to negotiate the connection.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Here's my wireless settings for my DIR-655 1.35NA firmware

Mixed 802.11g and 802.11b mode
    enable auto channel scan checked
    transmission rate best
    visibility status visible

security mode WPA-Personal
    WPA mode WPA2 Only
    cipher type AES
    group key update interval 3600
    22 character pre-shared key
    no n? Does this work with no issues for you? Only diff is I have n wireless on and allow WPA as well as WPA2.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    no n? Does this work with no issues for you? Only diff is I have n wireless on and allow WPA as well as WPA2.
    No 802.11n for me. Due to the distance of my router and my wireless devices, I get faster throughput with g than n. My setup works with no issues.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast