Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Possible good news...

Level 1 support had me doctor my Touchpad. It's now been wifi stable for 5 hours straight. I've never had it running for this long without the network connection freezing.

If it freezes again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Possible good news...

Level 1 support had me doctor my Touchpad. It's now been wifi stable for 5 hours straight. I've never had it running for this long without the network connection freezing.

If it freezes again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Crap! I thought I was past the problem but no luck. Frozen again. I guess I'll talk to them again.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Crap! I thought I was past the problem but no luck. Frozen again. I guess I'll talk to them again.
    or just wait for the update that will hopefully be arriving any day now.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    or just wait for the update that will hopefully be arriving any day now.
    I'm now up to level 3 support. All I need is for them to look over the logs I sent and tell me that it will be fixed in the upcoming release. The problem is that no documentation I've found says that a wifi issue will be addressed.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    You'd think HP would have figured out wireless 10 years ago when it started to become really popular. I too am having issues, although mine doesn't seem as bad as others. I've always been able to connect to the internet yet it lags very bad. Youtube. . . Forget it. Regular websites, works but lags. I have a very old wireless router from Dell and trying to figure out the firmware thing. I've NEVER had any wireless issues with any other device in my house.
    I've had the same problem. It's "laggy". And you can try to blame it on my router if you want (2 yr-old Linksys, 802.11g, 2.4 GHZ), but all my other devices (2 laptops and a printer) work fine. Just browsing, it works with some intermittent lagging, but I can forget streaming anything.

And before you say I have too much stuff on my network, I tried shutting everything else down and still can't stream any videos from Hulu. It tries to start, but it freezes up during one of the 2 commercials they run before every video. Once I got past the commercials, but a few minutes into the video, it froze. I haven't been able to get past a commercial since then.
    [Solved - for me anyways] It turned out to be my router (Links WRT-54G v6). It did have a nasty habit of freezing up every now and then(like every 3 months or so) but my devices would stay connected the "freezing" would only cause the devices to not renew their IP lease and then I would cycle the power to get everything working again. I guess the TP was more sensitive to the root issue (whatever that is). Anyways replaced my router with a Buffalo Nfinity WZR-HP-G300NH (running DD-WRT!) router and have not had any connectivity issues for 24 hrs even coming off of sleep mode.
    I had a significant issue while traveling this weekend. When linked to my home router (Comcast cable) or my Sprint wi-fi card, I've had no problems. However, when linking to systems that require a webpage log-in (the Admirals Club lounge at airports, or my hotel in Washington, DC), I repeatedly received "no internet connection" error messages, although I was properly logged in. This got to be VERY annoying and made some sites virtually unusable. I tried resets, etc., but these did not seem to help. Would appreciate any suggestions as to how to prevent this from occurring. Thanks.
    I'm having laggy wifi issues as well.I dnt buy the router story.....
    I don't think it is necessary all a router issue. I have an Asus RT-N56U, a dual band router. N is on 5GHz, G on 2.4. The wireless log on the router was spammed with a message every second like the Touchpad was disconnecting and reconnecting.

I was going to copy the message when I got home, but since 3.0.2 it seems to have quieted down.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    My WiFi issues are gone after OTA to 3.0.2. Yay.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I've had lag problems with my Asus N router before with my PC. I'd have to keep resetting it to get internet again. It ticked me off. I have a Dlink from Telus and no problems ever. yes, it can most definitely be a router problem.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Just got my TouchPad today. I have a dual band e3000 router with the N set to 5GHz only. It seems that the Touchpad doesn't really support 5Ghz N? Check out their support page #4:

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../21176_en.html

Update: Well that's strange, it doesn't jibe with the sales page:

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webo...-touchpad.html

In any case, I cannot get it to connect to my e3000's N only 5GHz network.
    Last edited by gjlowe; 08/03/2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm running a E2000 as a secondary router and my main router is a wrt320n. Both are on 2.4 band but different channels. I have updated firmware on both. Running wpa2 and having the connection problems. I was in chat with the support and I kept getting disconnected and connected again. I hope they fix this problem soon.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Just got my TouchPad today. I have a dual band e3000 router with the N set to 5GHz only. It seems that the Touchpad doesn't really support 5Ghz N? Check out their support page #4:

Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - I can

Update: Well that's strange, it doesn't jibe with the sales page:

HP TouchPad Tablet | HP® Official Site | U.S.

In any case, I cannot get it to connect to my e3000's N only 5GHz network.
    Cannot comment on the e3000 but mine and my wife's TouchPads connect just fine to the 5GHz ssid on my Asus RT-N56U. Also I am able to connect to an 802.11A Access Point at work.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    +1 for WiFi drops here. Worked with support yesterday and provided logs.

Symptoms: connection would stop working. Still would show connected but nothing that used inlet would work. TP seemed more laggy in general when network having issues. Sometimes it would come back on its own, mostly it took turning WiFi off/on to get it to work for awhile. NetSpeedHD speeds varried widely at times.

Dlink DIR-655, latest firmware. Earlier noticed that the router was showing TP connected N in 2.4 GHz. 50% signal, 1M. Configured router to only do g network. TP now shows 50% signal and speed varries from 5.5 to 48M. So far connection hasn't dropped since switching to only g.
    I've seen some of this but so far it doesn't happen to my wifi at my home. When I'm accessing a wifi signal at a local Hooters Restaurant, the wifi was having some drops and it did lag a bit. When it would behave in this manner, restarting wifi (off and then on) would resolve the issue. I've yet to see it on my home wifi.

I was associating the drop with that particular network (Hooters) as I had seen that same type of behavior on my Sprint Pre wifi. I'll keep an eye on the behavior when I'm on my home wifi.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooter64 View Post
    +1 for WiFi drops here. Worked with support yesterday and provided logs.

Symptoms: connection would stop working. Still would show connected but nothing that used inlet would work. TP seemed more laggy in general when network having issues. Sometimes it would come back on its own, mostly it took turning WiFi off/on to get it to work for awhile. NetSpeedHD speeds varried widely at times.

Dlink DIR-655, latest firmware. Earlier noticed that the router was showing TP connected N in 2.4 GHz. 50% signal, 1M. Configured router to only do g network. TP now shows 50% signal and speed varries from 5.5 to 48M. So far connection hasn't dropped since switching to only g.
    I have the DIR-655 as well and my connection drops exactly like you are describing. The D-Link is behind a 3800HGV-B for my UVerse service and I can connect the Touchpad to the 3800's wireless G with no problems.

I'll be interested in seeing what they find. I have also noticed a laptop on my network that drops periodically when connected to the DIR-655.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Same issue with DIR-655 and my Touchpad. Any solution?

Keeps dying every 5-30 mts and I have to toggle off/on the wifi. Its annoying. Tethered from my Pre for 2 hours straight today without any problems though.
    Last edited by corpx; 08/07/2011 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Same issue with DIR-655 and my Touchpad. Any solution?

Keeps dying every 5-30 mts and I have to toggle off/on the wifi. Its annoying. Tethered from my Pre for 2 hours straight today without any problems though.
    I have the same router and no problems with my TouchPad. Have you updated to 3.0.2? If you did I would run webOS doctor on your TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    No to doctor and on 3.02. Will doctor and report back.
    Last edited by corpx; 08/07/2011 at 02:37 AM.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast