Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Since some error messages in the browser made me think that it might be a DNS-server issue, I changed one of the server addresses. The first address was the same as my gateway and I replaced it by a second DNS-server address from my provider.

So far I think that helped ...

Edit: No, not really :-/.
    Last edited by wollewotz; 07/09/2011 at 11:46 AM.
    I have a Linksys Router, model number WRT300N (Wireless-N with backward compatibility to Wirelsss-b and wireless-g). I can only connect the wifi if I open the router. Once I secure the router to WPA-Personal, the TP returns the error, "unable to connect. try again"

I have been on the phone with support for 2 days. Last thing they asked for is for me to send the log, which I did, but now I need to wait another 48 hours. So I received the TP on Friday and will not be able to use it until Tuesday at the earliest (if at all). Something is not right.

Any suggestions? BTW, all my other computers and phones connect without a problem.
    I am not having any wifi issues with my router (Linksys E3000).
    I have no problems at home using a linksys wrt320n but at work I have a linksys e2500 and have issues. Some days the one at work will not work right with touchpad and some days it will. Log sent, maybe soon they will have it fixed for us soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am not having any wifi issues with my router (Linksys E3000).
    Same here. No issues at all.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have an Airport Extrem from Apple, I've setup 2 Wifi Network first one based on the norm "g" and the second one (strictely) on "n" norm and on 5 Ghz channel. the TP found the first one without problem.

Getting the second was more difficult, one crash appens, and I had to try the network password several times before it works.

The Network "n" doesn't appear all the time in the Wifi interface of the TP. One time when i was setting upp the "n" network on the TP, the TouchPad carshed and the TP rebooted. After the reboot the newtwork that was choosen was the "g" one, so far my TP never attach to the "n" wifi network...
    I haven't taken any steps to change it, however, I bought a new router for a new apartment I'm potentially moving in to this week. I'll set it up as WPA though and see if that makes any difference.

It's a little annoying to have to turn on and off wifi/restart, but its not that long of a wait to do either so it's not too bad.
    You'd think HP would have figured out wireless 10 years ago when it started to become really popular. I too am having issues, although mine doesn't seem as bad as others. I've always been able to connect to the internet yet it lags very bad. Youtube. . . Forget it. Regular websites, works but lags. I have a very old wireless router from Dell and trying to figure out the firmware thing. I've NEVER had any wireless issues with any other device in my house.

This is frustrating.

ET
    Ah there. May or may not be the problem, if "everything else already works", but might be time to consider vamping it up to an N-type router. It allows for higher speeds on the internet and might be part of the problem.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    You'd think HP would have figured out wireless 10 years ago when it started to become really popular. I too am having issues, although mine doesn't seem as bad as others. I've always been able to connect to the internet yet it lags very bad. Youtube. . . Forget it. Regular websites, works but lags. I have a very old wireless router from Dell and trying to figure out the firmware thing. I've NEVER had any wireless issues with any other device in my house.

This is frustrating.

ET
    What router are you using?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

This is frustrating.

ET
    Realistically, it's your router causing the problem more than the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Realistically, it's your router causing the problem more than the TouchPad.
    That could be, but there are a number of people here having issues. I'm not alone. I guess what I can do is take the TP to other wireless locations and check out the speeds. I'll continue to point fingers at the TP till I confirm different.

ET
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Just to add speculation to the list of things... I have two routers I've tried An Apple airport 2-band A, G, N router using WPA-2 and a Dlink A,B,G 2-band router using WEP. The Touchpad has connection issues with both of these. I have the Sleep option to Keep Wifi on. The only thing in common between these two routers is that they are both dual-band. I have at least a dozen other Wifi devices that do not show any problems.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post

4. Change the Setting of "WHEN PHONE SLEEPS" to "Keep Wi-Fi On".

Basically this setting will enable the setting that turns Wi-Fi off whenever the Touchpad is sleeping. Please let me know if this solves your problem. I will update you guys once I have properly tested these instructions
    Now, on my prehistoric Palm Pre cell, I have to keep that setting on "when phone sleeps." Otherwise, if I am outside of the range of any wifi zones, my pre sucks the battery dry in a few hours.
    I <love> my TPad... it's also the first WebOS device I've ever even touched, so am a noob to this particular area, albeit an avowed geek in other areas. I've noticed that (when I can get it away from the 10 year old) the Wi-Fi does seem to yo-yo up and down or bog down variably. Wi-fi was set to be always on since 10 minutes after I got it last Tuesday.

I've got a Belkin F5D8235-4 v2000 wireless N+ router with Firmware 2.01.09 (an update released 3/4/11); with a wireless HP printer, 3+ HP laptops, Wii, DS, etc. on a cable broadband (5MB/s) at any given time. No MAC filtering or anything else mentioned previously.

Downloaded the netSpeed HD app (great one!!) and have found wild variances in download speed on the Touchpad ranging from 64kbps to 4656kbps; when running speedtest on my hp 6910p with Win7 64 or my wife's hp Netbook <at the same time>, it blows away the Touchpad. Ergo, it's not the broadband provider, it's not the cable modem, it's not the wireless router. I'm hoping it's something that will be updateable in the software vs. a v1.0 hardware bug.

Tomorrow am upgrading to 50MB broadband (woot!), so may end up with a new wireless setup (not sure yet). At this point it seems likely that it'll be great... but only sometimes. Is there any indication that this is something that will be addressed in the (eagerly awaited) OTA update coming out shortly?
    now have 50MB broadband vs. Prior post. My Win7 laptops have speedtested @ between 30 to 52MB. When running speedtest at the same time on the TPad I get between 0.8 and 20MB/sec. I dearly hope that this will be fixed in the OTA. Web browsing or video at 0.8MB is pathetic.

sent from my HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    definitively something is wrong with the TP and the Wifi "n" support.

hdr
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I just bought my TP today and tried to set it up at work and had a heck of a time connecting to the public wireless. Once I accept the captive it connects but then keeps dropping the connection and I have to accept the captive again. This happened constantly and I have stopped trying to connect.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrapin View Post
    definitively something is wrong with the TP and the Wifi "n" support.

hdr
    I have evidence to the contrary...

Here are the Access Points I've tried:

Airport Extreme: N - WPA2
    DLink AP-7100AP: g - WEP
    NetGear N1: N - WPA2

All with the latest firmware. I also tried a friends G router.

None of these works for more than a hour without the TP hanging. I've worked with HP and they had me do a wipe and restore but that didn't help either. I've sent the logs to HP when the TP stopped communicating (both before and after the wipe). I'm waiting to hear back from them.

This is very frustrating. Sometimes it only takes a minute between hangs. I sure hope they nail this in the upcoming OTA update.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast