04/18/2012, 02:35 AM
I just wanted to add data to this thread. I've had my 32G TP since last year September. I don't remember wifi issues early on, but after I upgraded to 3.0.4 (came with 3.0.2 installed) and then 3.0.5, I would have very erratic behavior on the home network. I tried some of the settings changes suggested in this thread - even if they were for different routers. Sometimes it seemed like they helped for awhile, but then I'd be back to dropping connectivity at the strangest times.
Mine is the Linksys WRT54GL, stock. BUT - I realized that I hadn't checked for firmware updates in ... well, since I got it! I was at version 4.30.11, and the latest (Jan 2011) is 4.30.15
So, I updated a month ago and it's made a HUGE difference! Solid, reliable. No more bizarre loss of connectivity, and struggling to get reconnected. Here's the list of changes between those two revs. Anything jump out at folks?
- Resolves SSL/TLS renegotiation vulnerability
- Resolves issue with UPnP vulnerability
- Built-in multi-language support. No longer needs external language packs.
- HNAP 1.2 support
- Adds Linksys EasyLink Advisor (LELA) 3 support.
- Resolves issue with not being able to conduct configuration backup when accessing the router via https.
- Updates TZO protocol.
- Resolves issue with saving DHCP settings when using PPTP as Internet connection type.
- Resolves security issues found by Tomaz Bratusa (Team Intell) related to session riding. Adds HTTP session timeout.
- Updated PPTP Internet connection functionality
- Resolves issue with setting management port when https is selected.
Hope it helps someone.