Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    No problems for me ::knocks on wood::
  2.    #22  
    I don't this my issue is related to the router not being able to handle power save mode because whenever multiple laptops go to sleep on the network, they can still connect to the Wi-Fi network without any problem. My sprint pre also works on the wifi network and has never had issues connecting to the wifi. My router is a Netgear RangeMax WNR 3500. I will see if there is a firmware update and if this makes a difference.
    I agree that it should at least reconnect. But it may help if it doesn't diconnect at all.
    I had connectivity issues too. Turned out to be mac filtering on the router. Shut it off and all wireless issues were solved.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Switching to WPA resolved this for me. I was previously using WPA2.
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    Switching to WPA resolved this for me. I was previously using WPA2.
    I saw some users had WPA2 troubles too. Maybe something for HP to pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I saw some users had WPA2 troubles too. Maybe something for HP to pay attention.
    Is WPA less secure than WPA2 or what is the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Is WPA less secure than WPA2 or what is the difference?
    Yes, it's less secure. As someone noted above, you should probably check the router/AP website and see if there is a firmware update before changing the security as a workaround, especially if you bought your access point a while ago. At least then you'll know the device still has problem with latest greatest firmware.
  9.    #29  
    I just updated my router to the latest firmware for the Netgear WNR3500 Rangemax Router. I will try to use the Touchpad after 6 hours and let you guys know if the firmware solved the problem.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I'm also having the issue with wifi connectivity at times with multiple networks. I'm pretty confident my network at work has current firmware and has strong signal. The network at work is an open guest network that has no password requirement. So the WPA/WPA2 point is not an issue.

My home network is from a D-Link with the latest firmware. I'm using the 5Ghz (N class) speed setting. The security is WPA2 and the SSID is set to visible.

I'll experiment with the WPA setting at home to see if that corrects the issue there. Unfortunately it won't be the solution to the open network at my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I've had problems with the demo units not finding my hotspot generated by my Pre-. I've never had one find it at all..
    fwiw, I did too. I found that switching off the phone's wifi before connecting always clears it up.
    As far as my wifi, though, when using it with my Linksys at home, and at several restaurants/coffee shops in the area, I've never had an issue.

The speed is a little disappointing - web browsing is slower than a laptop or pc on the same connection, but that may just be browser rendering speed. I'll occasionally get the progress bar to go to about 80%, and hang for a while before the page is rendered. Usually that behaviour accompanies a huge chunk of script code, 3rd party ad sites, and css getting loaded, but on my Pre- or other browsers, usually the page will at least render enough to let you view the essentials.
    This issue is also happening with a Netgear N750, which is the newest model. Doesn't happen with my Pre2 or ThinkPad or MacBook Pro.
  14.    #34  
    I might have a solution to the intermittent Wi-Fi problem. I don't know if it works yet but the solution seems to make sense and I will try it once I get home to my Touchpad. I contacted HP WebOs Chat support and they recommended I try the following.

1. On the Touchpad, tap the "Wi-Fi" app. I believe it is located in the Settings tab of the launcher.

2. Tap on top left menu.

3. Select Sleep Settings

4. Change the Setting of "WHEN PHONE SLEEPS" to "Keep Wi-Fi On".

Basically this setting will enable the setting that turns Wi-Fi off whenever the Touchpad is sleeping. Please let me know if this solves your problem. I will update you guys once I have properly tested these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    4. Change the Setting of "WHEN PHONE SLEEPS" to "Keep Wi-Fi On".

Basically this setting will enable the setting that turns Wi-Fi off whenever the Touchpad is sleeping. Please let me know if this solves your problem. I will update you guys once I have properly tested these instructions
    I forgot about that setting. Yes I would switch that ON.
    Well seems I spoke too soon. Had an issue last night and I had to reboot the TP and again this morning. This morning was worse in that even after a reboot I couldn't connect to my wireless router. Had to reboot twice. If this happens more and more it's going to be a real issue.
    I'm having periodic problems. Sometimes the connection just seems to die. i have to disable and re-enable wifi - doesn't seem to be related to sleep. Also, I have two wireless routers (one downstairs and one up) and much of the time I cannot see both at the same time (and they are both strong signals) - seems to be only one or the other - seemingly the one last connected to.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am also having some wifi issues....

At work I do not have any issues other than when the TP roams between access points the screen turn back on. I suspect this would happen anywhere but i have not been in any other environments that have multiple Access Points.

At work we are using Aruba AP-125 and AP-105 running code version 3.4.4.0 using an 802.1x SSID.

At home is where I am having the issues. Periodically I am connected to my home SSID and the TP acts like its not connected to the internet and the only way to resolve it is to turn the wifi off then back on. Secondly, at some point in the middle of the night the TP just disconnects from the wifi all together. I have not seen this as I have just woken up to the TP not connected to wifi while its been on the charger all night. I do not know if the two issues are related.

At home I am running on an AP-125 with 5.0.3.3 code on the controller. The SSID is WPA2 Personal.

HP can contact me for any more information.
    Last edited by phillipah; 07/07/2011 at 11:50 AM.
  19.    #39  
    I updated my router to the latest firmware and followed the settings that the HP support service recommended but noticed that my sleep settings was already set to "keep wifi on". So I changed my settings to keep wifi off, which only made things worse because Touchpad would have to reconnect to Wifi everytime it went to sleep or the display was turned off. I changed the settings back to "keep wifi on". When I woke up this morning I opened up a browser and the Touchpad was able to connect to the Internet. In the past, whenever I launch a browser first thing in the morning, I have to reconnect to the Wifi network. I dont know if changing the sleep setting to "keep wifi off " and changing it back to "keep wifi on" or updating the router to the latest firmware has made any difference, however this is the first time in the morning that the browser worked without having to reset Wifi on the Touchpad. I will keep testing .....
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    I'm having periodic problems. Sometimes the connection just seems to die. i have to disable and re-enable wifi - doesn't seem to be related to sleep. Also, I have two wireless routers (one downstairs and one up) and much of the time I cannot see both at the same time (and they are both strong signals) - seems to be only one or the other - seemingly the one last connected to.
    What's your access point model and firmware version? Are you also using WPA+WPA2 like the others in this thread? Might be useful to find something common among all of us who are having WiFi issue and send the info to HP.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast