Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swak6287 View Post
    Wifi was working before update. Now, it won't even detect my router! What gives? How can I manually enter the ip add or what am I to do? ***? HELP.......
    Mine working fine after update, what router do you have?
    Dlink g 2.4
    older but works.
    The issue I'm having is with a WNDR3700 dual-band. Both bands were fine before the update. Now, the 2.4 band is barely functional on the TP. 5 GHz still works fine. My Pre 2 connects to the 2.4 band fine.

My other router (linksys 610n running dd-WRT) works fine in 2.4 GHz mode w/ TP. I've tried numerous resets, changing to auto ip, etc. There is no issue connecting to the router, just a very, very slow, buggy connection. Seems really strange to me.
    I was able to FINALLY figure out why my TP was having wifi issues... I have an AT&T 3G MicroCell near my router and for whatever reason the signal is interfering with the TP's ability to connect to wifi. I tested this by shutting it off and then TP was able to connect instantly. Mind you none of my other devices(macbook, iphone, ps3, hdtv) have any issues connecting even with the MicroCell on. This is on an OG linksys wrt54g with tomato firmware.
    Well, sounds like the current update messed up the TP to connect at 2.4GHz. Hope they come up with a solution fast. My small workplace only uses this router, so hate to not be able to use my TP.
    Well, sounds like the current update messed up the TP to connect at 2.4GHz. Hope they come up with a solution fast. My small workplace only uses this router, so hate to not be able to use my TP.
    Didn't mess up my ability to connect at 2.4GHz. I saw one other user report a similar issue to yours which was fixed by power cycling his router, not really sure what the root cause was.
    Yah, I already turn on and off the router, reset, change password, unsecure, resecure, WEP, nothing helps. ARGH! Serve me right to update so soon. I usually wait and see before updating anything, but this morning, i clicked and there was no turning back. Darn it.
    Did you try forgetting the network on the HP touchpad side and then set it back up again?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    I had considerable trouble connect to WAP/WAP2 configured routers. It turned out to be a corrupted build of software. Since the solution was to re-flash it purging everything.

This requires the implementation of WebOSDoctor for the current flash. You MUST have your touchpad near fully charged > 85% but I would go all the way as I did. You can brick the Touchpad if it's charged enough. Call the HP WebOS team and they will guide you threw the process as they did for me.

Afterwards I have tested on three different locations and I am able to connect normally and DHCP works allocating the IP addresses that you as I did manually which was the only way for it to work at all.

Good luck
    Could you provide more detailed information on what this process included?
    Forget network like sliding the network name to the right and delete, yes, already did it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yah, I already turn on and off the router, reset, change password, unsecure, resecure, WEP, nothing helps. ARGH! Serve me right to update so soon. I usually wait and see before updating anything, but this morning, i clicked and there was no turning back. Darn it.
    Can you find any other routers/wifi signals on your TP?

If not, have you tried running a diagnostics on your TP?
    Found in Device Info -> drop down menu -> Diagnostics -> Automated scans (can't say for sure that those are 100% correct names, but you'll get the idea once you get there)
    Never thought of that. Running it right now.
    Darn....WIFI----WARNING
    WIFI CODE - 1000
    DID NOT PASS TEST SUCCESSFULLY. CONTACT TECH SUPPORT.

now what?? It connected to the coffee shop i went to for lunch.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that..
    My issues started overnight after a week of use - and only at home on my own WiFi.

On this forum there is another thread "not detecting wifi all of a sudden" (or something along the lines of that) where I and a few others discussed the error code 1000. One got his WiFi back running by doing a sequence of BT and airplane mode enable/disable, but I suggest you search for the thread if you want to try that..

Also if you feel adventurous, you could pull a log from your TP - to see if the system removes the WiFi interface, like it does on mine. Not that it gets you any further to a working wifi doing that..
    I ran the diagnostics just to be sure. No issues. My TP's just stopped working with this particular router in 2.4GHz mode.
    I too have a WNDR3700 and had little or no connectivity with 3.0.4. I doctored to 3.0.2, everything was fine, doctored to 3.0.4 and not connectivity again. After doing this a few times, I started playing with the WNDR settings.

I enabled QOS WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings for both bands and now everything seems fine.
    Hey, thanks! I just tried this setting and was about to post the fix! Ya beat me . . . Good job.
    gk72cane likes this.
    Hi everyone, I have a Belkin N750DB dual-band N+ router, and was not even seeing my 5GHz ssid on my TouchPad. I experimented with security settings, wireless modes, bandwidth, everything. Nothing worked until I changed the wireless channel. After setting it to 149, my TouchPad saw, and was able to connect to, my 5GHz band.

I have a 64GB TouchPad and have installed the recently pushed system update.

I hope this works for others!
    Quote Originally Posted by thesohoguy View Post
    I too have a WNDR3700 and had little or no connectivity with 3.0.4. I doctored to 3.0.2, everything was fine, doctored to 3.0.4 and not connectivity again. After doing this a few times, I started playing with the WNDR settings.

I enabled QOS WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings for both bands and now everything seems fine.
    I have WNDR3700v2 and was having the same issue after updating TP to 3.0.4. Your fix works perfectly. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I've mentioned this elsewhere, but may as well mention it here as well. I've got an issue, since the 3.0.4 OTA update, where one of my routers has terrible lag and other issues, potentially dns related but definitely since the update:

Router 1 is a linksys 610n with ddWRT installed - No issues whatsoever. Router 2 is a wndr3700 with stock software - worked great until the update. Both are running in 2.4ghz n mode. Same issues on both of my TPs. There is lagging, occasionally a "no internet connection" and I get numerous errors reading the Preware feeds. This is all since the 3.0.4 update. The difference between the two is quite significant, where it wasn't ever before. I've tried changing channels, restarting the router, etc. I'd like to hear if there are others with similar post update experiences. . .
    I have the same issue with a Netgear WNDR3700v2. Only since the 3.0.4 update. I tried doctoring but now can't get through the setup screen.

The bizarre thing is that the TP is getting the correct IP settings, and can be pinged from elsewhere on the network - it just refuses to see the Internet.

[EDIT] and by reading further in the thread, the WMM QoS fix has worked for me too. THANKS!
    Last edited by zapgadget; 10/23/2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: problem was fixed in another post