Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Well ok, well I had my Bell Canada router by 2Wire configured for WAP/WAP2 and the touchpad would not resolve the IP's taking try after try. I was thinking I could not type the password or forgot it and quadrupl check and almost drove me to drink (but I do that already).

The problem was the WAP2, which it could not handle. If I changed the router to WAP only then it would be able to resolve and acquire what IP's need via DHCP. This was the case on another router as well.

Once I flashed it via Webos Doctor as per Webos support. The burns over the existing code from scratch and is not an update so battery at or near 100% is a must or it can brick and was warned by them. The apps were backed up in the process and all came back with the 3.02 directly. In testing after that, resolving a secured router with WAP/WAP2 was no longer a problem of which I verified it on two other routers and it all works now.

You might want to switch your router to WAP only and see if that changes anything but a full burn may clear the issue. The support guys will guide you but call when you're charged and it can be done in one phone call.
    The WiFi issue seems to be far too widespread to be just a corrupt webos build on the devices. I fail to believe that many devices have either been shipped or caused to be corrupted really. After you reloaded with WebOS Doctor did you update back to 3.0.2 or did it preinstall with that version?

I'm wondering if there is some explicit incompatibility with a certain wireless router chipset such as a specific line from Atheros or something. Or the implementation of the Draft N specification on the wireless chipsets. The DIR-655 chipset information is this:

AR5008-3NG version of the XSPAN AR5008 chipset from Atheros. It employs an AR2133 RF module and an AR5416 MAC controller

D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router Review. Page 5 - X-bit labs
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...owall=&start=1

Again speculating, but seeing as I've switched router hardware and cleared up the issue, one can only wonder.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    The WiFi issue seems to be far too widespread to be just a corrupt webos build on the devices. I fail to believe that many devices have either been shipped or caused to be corrupted really. After you reloaded with WebOS Doctor did you update back to 3.0.2 or did it preinstall with that version?

I'm wondering if there is some explicit incompatibility with a certain wireless router chipset such as a specific line from Atheros or something. Or the implementation of the Draft N specification on the wireless chipsets. The DIR-655 chipset information is this:

AR5008-3NG version of the XSPAN AR5008 chipset from Atheros. It employs an AR2133 RF module and an AR5416 MAC controller

D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router Review. Page 5 - X-bit labs
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...owall=&start=1

Again speculating, but seeing as I've switched router hardware and cleared up the issue, one can only wonder.
    You are flashing 3.02 directly and no upgrade etc is required because nothing further exists, yet. If it fails to complete the TP is dead. The WebOS team tested a sixty some odd precent charged TP and it failed priot to completion bricking it in their lab. They called me back and recommended it be at least 80% but heah, it doesn't take much longer to get it into the nineties at least. I did might at 100% charge.

I bought 2 of these one was ok and the other was not. According the the team the proceedure resolves a lot of issues.
    Last edited by tripplec; 10/17/2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typos
    I've been busting my hump with this wifi problem with my DIR-615. Sometimes the TP will drop the connection and sometimes the router will lock up and needs to be power cycled.

I've read thru the entire thread and there doesn't seem to be too much of a consensus as to a fix. I've tried a few different things with a modest amount of success, but I'm going to give it more time till I can confidently claim victory. The more wifi devices connected to the router the more likely things seem to get borked.

Right now one of the biggest helpers seems to be giving the TP a static IP address instead of using DHCP.
    CaptainFabulous, have you tried the ping method that mora2818 mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by mora2818 View Post
    I don't think it is either of those issues you mentioned and here is why. When i failed to connect, my router shows the device online. My TP also shows eth0 as up, however I can't ping the router. So i don't think the wifi is just turning off. Given the number of issues people are having, I suspect it is the TP having issues. There are people on here with two TP's and one will have the wifi issues. If it was a router issue, I assume both TP's would be dropped. And the widespread issue of the TP's across multiple routers also leads me to believe it is a TP issue.

Never the less, this is annoying....
    I noticed this but from the other perspective. That is to say, when the touchpad wireless "hangs", it seems online but can't ping it from another device on my LAN. But if I just touch the TP wireless icon, the ping starts right up, like the touchpad wireless has fallen asleep or hung. I only notice it sometimes but it may have to do more with me than the touchpad. In other words, maybe it's doing it sporadically all the time but I only notice it occasionally. The ping idea is consistent with the fact that if I play internet radio, it never seems to have the issue.
    Oh, without do anything it wont happens. My friends haven't found any problem yet on his Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Have all of you called and reported the details of your issues to the WebOS support team???

If not you won't see a resolution. When I have the problem and it occurred the next day testing the same thing after registration (require WiFI connection). I call them right away and still have a case number. I received many call backs following up on the escalated case. They logged the details and would still be working on it had it not resolved after the request wipe re-write with WebOS Doctor. I am satisfied its WiFi is working now.

Formums are great for airing configuration and how to's. But if there is a bug or just does not work like you cases then you HAVE TO CALL THEM. They will investigate and maybe a fix will be released. There is a new version about to be release any day now so you've missed the boat on that.
    Looks like webos 3.0.4 was just released. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues.

HP TouchPad gets webOS 3.0.4 update, now able to answer calls from non-webOS phones -- Engadget

I'll give it a shot tonight.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Yes, downloading now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mora2818 View Post
    Looks like webos 3.0.4 was just released. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues.

HP TouchPad gets webOS 3.0.4 update, now able to answer calls from non-webOS phones -- Engadget

I'll give it a shot tonight.
    Hopefully it works. Please report back.

seems like at least one person had some success!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3211982
    So far so good for me, tho I can't know for sure if it's 3.0.4 or the Russian beta firmware for my router I installed this morning (yeah, don't get me started on why these updates aren't available on the US site). Either way, no lockups, no hangs, and no crashes so far.
    Last edited by CaptainFabulous; 10/18/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    I switched my Dir-655 to N+G only, and I haven't had problems with 3.0.4 so far.

nevermind. Just got the "Error: Unable to resolve host" but it started working again within a minute without me doing anything.
    Last edited by bobbymd7; 10/18/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    upgrading from 3.02 to 3.04 resulted in much better wireless sensitivity, range, download speed, etc. on both of my Touchpads.

Previously had upgraded from Belkin wireless N to a D-Link 815 (fail) and subsequently to a Cisco E2500 dual-N. Muchly better. Now with 3.04... better yet. In addition to the other multitudinous benefits of 3.04 vs. 3.02!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am ok, done successfully. It takes about 10% out of the battery. Some apps appear to launch fast, they claim its faster. The web brower certain pops open quick.

More time to tell but it looks good certainly nothing negative and all data there afterwards.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I cannot get any email to come in on my Yahoo account using the client. I tested sending and it went out but nothing coming in. Internet access is ok. This could be a problem.
    so far so good. 3.0.4 is much Better then 3.0.2. This is the performance I would have expected to come out of the box. No WiFi issues so far. We shall know in a couple days.

-Kevin
    I've mentioned this elsewhere, but may as well mention it here as well. I've got an issue, since the 3.0.4 OTA update, where one of my routers has terrible lag and other issues, potentially dns related but definitely since the update:

Router 1 is a linksys 610n with ddWRT installed - No issues whatsoever. Router 2 is a wndr3700 with stock software - worked great until the update. Both are running in 2.4ghz n mode. Same issues on both of my TPs. There is lagging, occasionally a "no internet connection" and I get numerous errors reading the Preware feeds. This is all since the 3.0.4 update. The difference between the two is quite significant, where it wasn't ever before. I've tried changing channels, restarting the router, etc. I'd like to hear if there are others with similar post update experiences. . .
    Wifi was working before update. Now, it won't even detect my router! What gives? How can I manually enter the ip add or what am I to do? ***? HELP.......
    Everyone who's experiencing wifi issues, try unplugging your router (if the wifi issue is with your home router) for few minutes and plugging back in. This will reset your router and may help with your wifi issue. It did for me.