Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 446
Like Tree9Likes
  1. #201  
    Thanks for this info, same issues on 2 touchpads, dlink dir-615 router. Turned it to g only and it works. As I dont often share files over the network g is ok for now for me, but i certainly understand how it is not good for many others.
  2. #202  
    I have been connecting to an 802.11n access point with three antennae (2 transmit/receive, 1 receive only) for 2.4GHz and another three for 5GHz. I initially had one antenna in a horizontal position and the other 2 in vertical positions for each of 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I thought that this would allow the Touchpad to get a good signal in either portrait or landscape mode. However, my average speed was only around 1.5Mbps and never more than 5Mbps, even though the router is connected to an extremely fast internet connection (which gives me around 350 Mbps over gigabit ethernet). Sometimes the Touchpad wifi just didn't seem to work at all. However, I am able to reach speeds up to around 70 Mbps with my laptop over wifi and have never had problems. Even my Windows Phone manages 10-15Mbps.

    Then I decided to turn all of antennae into the vertical orientation and now my Touchpad connects at 25Mbps in landscape and just slightly slower in portrait (I think because the Touchpad's antenna is vertical when in landscape mode). The connection is also very reliable and has not droppped yet.

    I think that this must have something to do with the way the Touchpad deals with MIMO (Wireless Networking — What is Multiple-Input/Multiple-Output (MIMO)?). It could instead be a problem with the way the router handles it, but that seems less likely because it still worked reasonably well with my laptop with one antenna in horizontal position.
  3. tripplec's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #203  
    I have been away last week. Just catching. While away I got HP to guide me through the hard core reflash of the WebOS directly with a 3.02 build which wipes everything. Its much cleaner than the Web Update process.

    WebOS doctor is the key via www.palm.com/rom select the TouchPad (no brainer otherwise don't try it). If you do a Backup via their tool to the WebOS backup server you won't loose anything. I didn't anyway just in case.

    NOTE: Extremely important your battery needs to be virtually fully charged. Too low and you'll brick the TouchPad. If you have support still call for guidance as I did. This is a firmware terminal proceedure, not just an update of the OS. My WAP connection worked 1st attempt after that. I was very dubious that it would fix it.
  4. #204  
    I was experiencing the same issue many have discussed in this forum: Internet works for a while then stops. Under WiFi preferences, it shows that my TP is still connected to my router, but no data gets transmitted. I couldn't even log into my router, let alone surf the Web. All of my problems went away when I switched the settings in my Cisco E1200 router from "Mixed" to "b/g only." Just streamed a 2-hour movie on maxgo.com with zero hiccups. Thanks to all who have reported a similar fix. I'm running a wide open network with no security, so I can't speak to the WPA/WPA2 fix also discussed in this forum.
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    Is anyone having intermittent wifi issues on the Touchpad?
    I was when I first set it up on 5GHz. I should have known better, 5GHz always disappoints me with it's lack of range and this is no exception. Since I had the good sense to go back to 2.4GHz everything is fine. I use WPA w/ AES encryption and all is well.
  6. #206  
    Based on comments in this topic, I replaced my Linksys WRT54GS v.5 (flashed to dd-wrt) with a D-Link 615 (w/ stock firmware). At only $40 on NewEgg it seemed like an ok compromise.

    I've been running it for a couple of weeks - and while it's not perfect, it seems to be a bit more stable, which is to say the drop outs occur less often, but when they do, almost always have to do a physical restart of either server or TP to get things to work again. Speed set to G Only and security is WPA / AES and I set up a DHCP reservation for the TP.

    All problems seem to go away when I have no security at all; Am now playing with the idea of putting original Linksys back in service and using it as a dedicated WAP just for the TP with only MAC filtering for security.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
  7. #207  
    Alright I had the same issues with wifi dropping ALL the time. I attempted everything listed on this thread with no change. I have the d-link 655 as well. I changed security, type of wireless, mac setting, channels and nothing.
    Eventually I just setup a "guest account" with a password and now my touchpad wifi is GREAT!!

    So for those who want a quick fix just setup the guestzone with a password and then manually connect to a wifi network on the touchpad using the same settings you used setting up the guest zone. It worked great for me.

    I do not know why this is as my other devices work fine without having to use the guestzone.

    But oh well I am happy now as this is the only thing that was pis@ing me off about the touchpad and now I am very happy with it.

    Good Luck and let me know if it worked for you..
    Jocelyn84 likes this.
  8. #208  
    My touchpad has the same problems with wifi that I see here. It stops working even though it still shows connected to the wireless.

    I have an 802.11N wireless router. It is a Trendnet TEW-633GR. I have it running in mixed mode (n/g/b) with auto WPA (supports wpa2 and wpa for older clients)

    No other wireless device has ever had an issue with it, so I think the touchpad doesn't handle something properly...
  9. #209  
    I had the same issue with my TP....dropping in and out. I swapped it from Mixed B/G to G only and its gone for me as well....no dropouts at all.

    As soon as I swap it back into mixed, its in and out every minute. This is a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT. Changing the channel didn't work either...only going to G only.

    Thanks guys, your info solved the issue.
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Based on comments in this topic, I replaced my Linksys WRT54GS v.5 (flashed to dd-wrt) with a D-Link 615 (w/ stock firmware). At only $40 on NewEgg it seemed like an ok compromise.

    I've been running it for a couple of weeks - and while it's not perfect, it seems to be a bit more stable, which is to say the drop outs occur less often, but when they do, almost always have to do a physical restart of either server or TP to get things to work again. Speed set to G Only and security is WPA / AES and I set up a DHCP reservation for the TP.

    All problems seem to go away when I have no security at all; Am now playing with the idea of putting original Linksys back in service and using it as a dedicated WAP just for the TP with only MAC filtering for security.
    Working fine with my WRT54GL w/ Tomato firmware WPS & AES. Only 802.11G mind you but it's the same workhorse it's always been. Actually I had to correct myself, it IS running through a WRT54GL but I'm actually linking to a WRT54G-TM also running Tomato which is WDS linked to a WRT54GL which is in turn plugged into a Gb port of my primary 802.11N E3000 router. I know it's a bit convoluted and normally I just connect to the primary router on 2.4GHz but connected to this "network extension" router as a test. to see if the TP worked OK with it. So far the only problem I've had is 5GHz which always gives me problems anyway so no surprise there.
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
    Alright I had the same issues with wifi dropping ALL the time. I attempted everything listed on this thread with no change. I have the d-link 655 as well. I changed security, type of wireless, mac setting, channels and nothing.
    Eventually I just setup a "guest account" with a password and now my touchpad wifi is GREAT!!

    So for those who want a quick fix just setup the guestzone with a password and then manually connect to a wifi network on the touchpad using the same settings you used setting up the guest zone. It worked great for me.

    I do not know why this is as my other devices work fine without having to use the guestzone.

    But oh well I am happy now as this is the only thing that was pis@ing me off about the touchpad and now I am very happy with it.

    Good Luck and let me know if it worked for you..
    Granted its only been 2 hours, but I haven't had a single drop with my WNDR3700 since doing the above. Using WPA2-PSK [AES]
  12. #212  
    Another item of note.

    On my router it shows all connected wireless clients. There are currently 2 phones, a laptop, and the touchpad connected.

    The phones and laptop show mode 11g rate 54

    The touchpad shows mode 11ng rate 19
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
    Granted its only been 2 hours, but I haven't had a single drop with my WNDR3700 since doing the above. Using WPA2-PSK [AES]
    I am glad it worked for you. I have been using the guestzone for over a week now without any wifi dropping issues at all. Then I decided that I should share because I know how frustrating it was for me.

    Thanks for the "like" and "thank you" on my post.

    Have a great day
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredh View Post
    I had the same issue with my TP....dropping in and out. I swapped it from Mixed B/G to G only and its gone for me as well....no dropouts at all.

    As soon as I swap it back into mixed, its in and out every minute. This is a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT. Changing the channel didn't work either...only going to G only.

    Thanks guys, your info solved the issue.
    Yep. I've switched to G-only with my DIR-655 and haven't had a drop in 2 weeks with all 4 touchpads.
  15. thomaz's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #215  
    i have slow wlan here too.

    2 meter from a broadcom chipset router i only get 0,5 -1mb/s
    my 10 meter away notebook gets 2mb/s

    i tested it transferring from samba server to hps internal hard disk

    my router says that it rans @ 54mbit so the wlan connection to touchpad runs with full speed.

    for me it looks like an internal speed limit from webos.
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/12/2011 at 09:56 PM.
  16. #216  
    here's something interesting for me..

    i have a d-link dir-632 wireless n router..

    when i log into my router, and look at the wifi connections it shows three devices connected using wireless n, and then it shows the touchpad as being wireless b...

    if the touchpad has wireless n support, why is it connecting at wireless b?

    i am also three floors above the router (row home in philadelphia, no way around this...) so i would think that since wireless n has a better range it would use wireless n instead of b...

    any insight?
  17. thomaz's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #217  
    when i transfer 1 files via samba i get 1,2mb/s
    when i transfer 2 files over samba i get 2mb/s

    does webos have a speedlimit per connection ?

    i think this is the stuff which causes choppy streaming in kalemsoft.

    otherwise what must i do to change "CIFSMaxBufSize" in webos ?
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/14/2011 at 12:06 AM.
  18. DizWhiz's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Yep. I've switched to G-only with my DIR-655 and haven't had a drop in 2 weeks with all 4 touchpads.
    So I have a DIR-655 and I run a wireless server so there is no way I am running it at G only. So I am going to assume it won't work when it shows up tomorrow? Note My old Pre worked fine with this router.

    Please tell me someone has a success story with this router in dual N and G mode otherwise I'll just sell the thing.
  19. knoer's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #219  
    If it is of any use to anyone, I was running my TP for a week with a DIR-300 running DD-WRT in mixed B/G mode, WPA2-PSK [AES], hidden SSID with no apparent issues.

    Have not tried stock D-Link firmware, so I am unable to comment on that.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    when i transfer 1 files via samba i get 1,2mb/s
    when i transfer 2 files over samba i get 2mb/s

    does webos have a speedlimit per connection ?

    i think this is the stuff which causes choppy streaming in kalemsoft.

    otherwise what must i do to change "CIFSMaxBufSize" in webos ?
    There is the unthrottle download manager patch in preware. Perhaps what you are wanting?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.

Posting Permissions