Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    After you save the file I attached, rename it from .txt to .plist - then in HandBrake, click on the Presets menu, then choose Import.

Sorry for the extra step, but the forum wouldn't let me upload a .plist file.

Yes, it will show as a new preset with the name Touchpad (Imported).
    After you save the file attached, rename it from .txt to .plist -- HELP!! I feel like an ***** for asking this, but how do rename the file to .plist?? I'm working with Windows Vista, and I can't find any option or way to resave the file to .plist.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by edjubik View Post
    After you save the file attached, rename it from .txt to .plist -- HELP!! I feel like an ***** for asking this, but how do rename the file to .plist?? I'm working with Windows Vista, and I can't find any option or way to resave the file to .plist.

Any help would be appreciated.
    edjubik, I had the same problem on my xp machine until I realized that Windows was hiding my file extensions (it's a setting) and so I really wasn't renaming the extension. Not sure how to do it in Vista but should be able find it fairly easily. Try googling "unhide file extensions vista" and that should get you the info you need.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ok using VLC and Handbrake 0.9.5. trying to rip the 20th Anniversary Tron DVD. I have tried everyn preset here and every tweak an no joy. Just the first chapter in Title 1 for a test and the video is really stuttery and the sound is too. Don't know what else to try.

AGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazan View Post
    edjubik, I had the same problem on my xp machine until I realized that Windows was hiding my file extensions (it's a setting) and so I really wasn't renaming the extension. Not sure how to do it in Vista but should be able find it fairly easily. Try googling "unhide file extensions vista" and that should get you the info you need.
    You are the bomb! Thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by kline View Post
    i had the same problem while converting video to mp4 using handbrake.
    then i tried the settings described in this thread and it worked! my touchpad is able to play converted mp4 video. (i was using the default Regular - Normal setting.) not sure which setting made it work though.
    Converted a movie in handbrake with LAME codec as described by poster above. The copy plays brilliantly on the TouchPad but no sound when played on the mac in itunes (VLC it plays fine).

Any ideas?
    The preset for DVDs worked great, thanks. I've been trying, however, to transfer shows (standard def, not HD) from my TiVo and beating my head on the aspect ratio issue. As far as I can tell the TP does not respect anamorphic settings. I've had to learn a great deal more than I wanted so far but evidently it's still not enough. Here's what I've got so far:

Download from TiVo to .tivo file on PC using TiVo server.
    Convert to .mpg using DirectShow Dump. Quicktime says that the result is 480x480 to be displayed at 640x480. So it looks fine in QuickTime on the Mac (and Windows Media Player on the PC), but the TP displays it square.
    This file is too big for my liking anyway, so I tried converting it with Handbrake on the Mac. Set deinterlace, detelecine, fiddled with the quality to get the file size down, but still the problem is aspect ratio.
    I set Anamorphic to loose and crop to 0/0/0/0. The output is 480x480 with SAR and DAR both 640x480 according to Kalemsoft but still displays square on the TP in both native app and Kalemsoft.
    If I set Anamorphic to none I can only output up to 480x352, losing resolution. The Handbrake anamorphic page says so, and says that the only way to change that is to hard stretch the image horizontally, making file size larger. Also, apparently that can only be done with the CLI, which I have just downloaded, but not tried yet because it will take a while to figure out all the options. This has turned into a massive expedition with no solution yet.

If the HP would only respect the anamorphic setting encoded by Handbrake in the video this wouldn't be an issue. Like I said, DVDs are fine, but I want to get TiVo shows on there. I've googled my brains out and not got an adequate solution yet. I'd like to do this with Handbrake because of the deinterlace, denoise, etc filters. Am I right in saying that the TP doesn't understand the anamorphic setting? Ideas?
    Last edited by pjscott; 12/30/2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Here is the file in the OP as a post on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dKfrEr22

It's absurd that I have to register and login just to download a microscopic text file.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567