Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    after handbrake or dvd fab use meta x 2.10 can add pix or screen shot into video. def shows on touchpad the program is free and works great.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Is Meta X 2.10 freeware that I can get onthe internet? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I use mp3tag to add cover art. It is free.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

It looks like MetaX is Mac only.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I use mp3tag to add cover art. It is free.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

It looks like MetaX is Mac only.
    works just fine on windows 7 use it all the time yes its freeware
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Here are some nice little tools for Handbrake check out this webpage and have fun.
    Videoscripts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was able to put the file in the root directory which worked but would rather be able to put the movie in a folder. Has anyone had luck with that? I first put it in:
    G:\DCIM\100PALM
    and then created
    G:\Video

neither of these worked. Any suggestions?
    Hi all - after converting a few movies, I was a bit frustrated at the extra work I needed to do to watch my xvid avi's on my TouchPad. When I travel I would much rather just drag whatever movies/shows I have over so I can watch on the plane, hotel, etc.

For those of you like me that weren't aware, Kalemsoft Media Player has a TouchPad app that works very well for local content. This is exactly what I was looking for. To me it is totally worth the $6.99 price tag - other than Homebrew donations, this is the most I've paid for a TouchPad app, but definitely no regrets here.

It also offers streaming - quality isn't as good (but definitely not bad), so I will probably always copy to the TouchPad and play locally. Also I tried one MKV but it didn't show. I still need to try others because I have ready that it does work.

Hope this helps someone!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niegowsj View Post
    I was able to put the file in the root directory which worked but would rather be able to put the movie in a folder. Has anyone had luck with that? I first put it in:
    G:\DCIM\100PALM
    and then created
    G:\Video

neither of these worked. Any suggestions?
    You are most likely experiencing one of Media Indexer bugs, where the Media Indexer is not re-indexing in a timely manner. Some have had luck forcing the re-index by not ejecting the TP when in USB Mode, but instead just pulling the usb cable. You will get a TP screen telling you that you should not do that and then a few seconds later your main screen. You will have to wait a few minutes for the re-index to finish and your media to show in the application.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I'm definitely disappointed on the movie play back on the touchpad vs. my ipad. The default player won't play the .mp4s I converted with handbreak and the Kalemsoft player does something strange with the sound.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kablam0r View Post
    I'm definitely disappointed on the movie play back on the touchpad vs. my ipad. The default player won't play the .mp4s I converted with handbreak and the Kalemsoft player does something strange with the sound.
    I had trouble with movies I converted with Handbreak, I then used DVDfab8 and used the iPad preset and they worked. Another post under the Touchpad forum said that renaming the file from a .m4v to .mp4 worked. Try that.
    it found a 1.5gb video that i put on there.

EDIT: oops. this was meant to be in reply to a post that said the photos & videos app didn't see video files over 1.2gb in size.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    After you save the file I attached, rename it from .txt to .plist - then in HandBrake, click on the Presets menu, then choose Import.

Sorry for the extra step, but the forum wouldn't let me upload a .plist file.

Yes, it will show as a new preset with the name Touchpad (Imported).
    Feeling kinda silly here, but how do you rename this file extension? I downloaded it, but don't know how to switch it....

thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by olin View Post
    Feeling kinda silly here, but how do you rename this file extension? I downloaded it, but don't know how to switch it....

thanks all!
    Open it up in notepad, click file -> Save As -> Filename: Something.plist
    Save as Type: All Files

That should save it as a plist in Windows 7
    So I got them loaded on, with the TouchPad settings, but the audio does not correspond to the actor's mouth movement....help on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    I have got the audio but a black screen as others have mentioned. My first video worked but the last two show a black screen?
    I have this problem too using the OP settings. I'm trying to convert a 1080p mkv down to a mp4. No matter what I've tried I get a black screen, even launching from Internalz.
    I did some tests and it seems the TP will only play the videos I encode if done with MPEG4. I thought the TP supported h.264 playback?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I did some tests and it seems the TP will only play the videos I encode if done with MPEG4. I thought the TP supported h.264 playback?

i had the same problem while converting video to mp4 using handbrake.
    then i tried the settings described in this thread and it worked! my touchpad is able to play converted mp4 video. (i was using the default Regular - Normal setting.) not sure which setting made it work though.

After install open Handbrake. Start by clicking "Source" in the top left corner and choosing either video file or folder. You can do whichever if you want to do a batch conversion. From there, you can choose your destination folder under the "destination" area on the main screen. On the right side you will see a presets area, click "iPad." Under "output settings" in container choose "MP4 File," the box for large file size should be checked. Now for additional tweaking, I noticed that on some movies that had a 5.1 audio track, that the playback on the TP was funky and left out some audio. So under the "audio" tap mid way down the screen you will see the audio track information. Under "audio codec" choose MP3 (lame) and mixdown change to "stereo." Now for bitrate I choose 256kbps. Once you are finished, and have the correct destination and settings dialed in click the "Start" button near the top left corner and it will do the conversion.
    each time i finished transferring file to touchpad it gave me the "OWWW" screen, even though each time i unmounted the drive first. i was unable to unmount the device because it was in use however.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kline View Post
    every time i finished transferring file to touchpad it gave me the "OWWW" screen, even though each time i unmounted the drive first. i was unable to unmount the device because it was in use however.
    Me too. Anybody have a fix for this?
    This isn't a fix per se but it does allow you to unmount properly. Instead of doing it from the taskbar, open up My Computer then right click on the drive letter of your TP and eject from there. It will then unmount properly.
    Thanks so much for the preset. I was having a problem playing any converted media in the standard player, as the audio would eventually go out of sync for some odd reason. With this preset, I've converted 720 Game of Thrones and Full DVDs that play smoothy!

I bought the Kalemsoft player too, but it keeps making all the sound lower pitch which is stupid. I hope they fix it soon.

Again, many thanks!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast