Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by de_great View Post
    I just saw the plist preset on the first page. I will try it out, but is there a big difference between this preset and the "High Profile" setting?
    I made several changes to the iPad preset. Besides just getting the video to show up in the Photos and Videos app, the frame rate on my initial conversions was not as smooth as I would've liked, so I made some tweaks to the advanced settings that resolved that issue.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Okay... the problem I have is as follows.

The movie is something I downloaded for free from iTunes ("Truth in 24" to be specific, if you like motorsports you can't miss this documentary!).

It has an 851x480 resolution according to iTunes, and when simply dragging it to the TouchPad, it just plays black with sound. Meh.

However, when dragging it to HandBrake, HB identifies the resolution as 638x480 with anamorphic size of 851. I don't really understand this. Running the Handbrake conversion creates a file that will play on the TouchPad, but the image is horribly compressed horizontally, as if the that 851 was simply scaled to 638 without changing the vertical resolution.

I suppose the goal would be to get a final ratio of 851x480, like the original, which fits the screen with black bars, that will play both video and sound, unlike the original.

Any thoughts?
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Okay... the problem I have is as follows.

The movie is something I downloaded for free from iTunes ("Truth in 24" to be specific, if you like motorsports you can't miss this documentary!).

It has an 851x480 resolution according to iTunes, and when simply dragging it to the TouchPad, it just plays black with sound. Meh.

However, when dragging it to HandBrake, HB identifies the resolution as 638x480 with anamorphic size of 851. I don't really understand this. Running the Handbrake conversion creates a file that will play on the TouchPad, but the image is horribly compressed horizontally, as if the that 851 was simply scaled to 638 without changing the vertical resolution.

I suppose the goal would be to get a final ratio of 851x480, like the original, which fits the screen with black bars, that will play both video and sound, unlike the original.

Any thoughts?
    See if this information is helpful (it was for me): https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/AnamorphicGuide

Also, do you have the "Keep Aspect Ratio" box checked in Handbrake?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    See if this information is helpful (it was for me): https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/AnamorphicGuide

Also, do you have the "Keep Aspect Ratio" box checked in Handbrake?
    My god that was helpful. I didn't know what any of that meant before I read that page. I'll try this tonight and get back to you.
    I have attempted to use Hand brake to make a 1024 encode from a blu ray. The encode plays great on my windows PC but plays in full screen with left and right sides cut off on the touchpad. Encoding another now to test. Used windows plist import file and changed aspect to 1024.
  6.    #66  
    Did you try toggling the video size on the Touchpad with the button in the lower right of the video window (during playback)?
    I have got the audio but a black screen as others have mentioned. My first video worked but the last two show a black screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    is DVD Decrypter still being updated? I used to use DVDShrink and that program stopped being updated.

Currently, I've been using AnyDVD (not free) and it's great. Runs in the systray, strips all protection quickly and easily.
    I believe it is still being updated. Although it hasnt worked on any disney movies.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have found there is a bug. Several actually. Just because it doesn't show up in the photos and videos app, doesn't mean anything. HP will tell you that if their app doesn't see it, it is not compatible. Their app can not read and does not see any files above 300mb. Approximately. I have not figured out the exact size.

I downloaded the free app and there is a way to see local files with it. They play fine. You do have to do some tweaking as mentioned above to make it work, but it plays a fairly wide range of files. Tech support is HORRIBLe.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    I have got the audio but a black screen as others have mentioned. My first video worked but the last two show a black screen?
    I had the black screen problem too but I was able to fix it. I used the plist provided by the OP but then I went under the videoo tab and changed it from H.264 to Mpeg4 and it worked. I only did this with a 22 sec clip but it worked. I'm goin to try and do it with a full length video now.
    splitsick likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I had the black screen problem too but I was able to fix it. I used the plist provided by the OP but then I went under the videoo tab and changed it from H.264 to Mpeg4 and it worked. I only did this with a 22 sec clip but it worked. I'm goin to try and do it with a full length video now.
    Thanks I have been experimenting with different aspect ratios and bit rates with no luck. I will try the mpeg4 too.
    The mpeg 4 did not work for me on the touchpad. The frustrating thing is all of these files will play on my laptop.

I downloaded the KalemSoft Player app from Preware to see if it would play the videos and it does! The only problem with that is it only plays in portrait mode through the emulator.

I believe the player on the Touchpad is the problem and not the way we are encoding the files, hopefully this will be addresed on the July 17th update.
    I gave up on Handbrake for now.

I used DVDfab 8 as someone mentioned in another thread and used the iPad setting and it is working on the touchpad. The quality is not quite as good as the Handbrake preset so it might need to be played with for an optimal picture. I increased the volume level on the output settings and the sound is clear and loud.

DVDfab is free for the first 30 days I believe.

DVD dycrypter does not need to be used before DVDfab (which is really nice). DVDfab does everything in one step.
    Last edited by splitsick; 07/14/2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Correction
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    I gave up on Handbrake for now.

I used DVDfab 8 as someone mentioned in another thread and used the iPad setting and it is working on the touchpad. The quality is not quite as good as the Handbrake preset so it might need to be played with for an optimal picture. I increased the volume level on the output settings and the sound is clear and loud.

DVDfab is free for the first 30 days I believe.

DVD dycrypter does not need to be used before DVDfab (which is really nice). DVDfab does everything in one step.
    I Tried messing around with settings on handbrake and I got one video (cartoon) to work but I also tried Star Wars 3 and Bolt and neither worked. I'll try the DVDFab8 again, what specicfic program did you use, there are like 8 programs within DVDFAB8.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hadn't heard of this movie, I will be downloading this weekend!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Hadn't heard of this movie, I will be downloading this weekend!
    It will blow your mind. My favorite documentary EVER. I even liked it better than "Senna".

Also, I did get it to play on the TouchPad perfectly using the suggestions regarding the anamorphic stuff. Thanks!
    could just as easy use handbrake iPad setting and install Internalz Pro and then browse to the directory you save your media to.

videos play fine for me.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Something y'all may want to check on...i was getting audio but no pictures on my movie either using the settings from the OP. Then I ran the conversion again but made sure to remove the subtitles from the movie. After that I had both audio and picture.

PS Is this really the best experience we can get? The movie barely take up half the screen longways, there is so much darkspace above and below. If I zoom in (go fullscreen) most of the picture is off the screen.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I gave up on Handbrake As well and used DVDFab DVD Ripper as suggested above. I used the IPAD default settings, de-selected Subtitles(below the Audio Selection), and then editting the video settings to 1024 to get full screen size. Tested in 16:9 ratio both with 768 and 1024 getting an average file size of 800MB for 768 and 1.6GB in 1024. The 1024 was by far the best quality display. DVDFAB DVD Ripper is only $50 with a 20% discount that is 40$. Well worth it and all ten movies converted play awesome using InternalzPro File Manager. Tip: Set your volume during ripping to 150% tavoid low volume issues reported by others from the Beats Audio.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have also been using DVDfab8 with the iPad settings and subtitles off and they all play onthe TP using the file manager app Gemini. I'll try the other setting alterations to see how it works.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast