1.    #1  
    Hello all,

Instead of getting the Ipad where my books/PDFs display quickly and beautifully, I thought I'd get the Touchpad because it's not as limited as the Ipad in certain functions. I noticed though that the Adobe reader is slow to display the page and allows for no quick page flipping like other readers I've used. Is this only temporary ? I'm hoping the OTA update fixes this, because reading books and mags on the TB is tedious.

Also, any idea when the OTA update is coming? I'm trying to be patient and give HP an opportunity to fix their issue(s). However, I have to ask why this wasn't caught on QA or addressed prior to release? Surely they knew people would read with this device.
    I agree, I was disappointed by this. Fuzzy renderings for first couple seconds. And PDF view on the Veer is still as broken as ever was on the Pre... Maybe the full quick office will fix?

I'm also surprised that there is no ePub reader available... Kindle is coming, but they don't support all files.

I too went with TP just barely over iPad, and this would be one of my main uses for it. Hope there is a solution.
    people mentioned a 25th of Jul upgrade.
    It takes a minute to load the app and cue local content, but everything else is as expected. Okay, it is not quite as fast as my Quad-core Mac Pro moving through pages, but I find it takes about 1 or 2 secs at the most to switch pages. This is fine for me since I'm not a fast reader and dont need super fast transitions. Actually most of what I read is full page documents and usually photo copies of originals converted into PDF that also increase the size...increasing load times.

Ereaders limit this type of content (full page images) and will accordingly display quicker. Hopefully, HP and Adobe is making some major updates, increasing speed, and we'll all be happier.

A couple things I've noticed:

1. PDF page turning requires up and down motion - right/left swipe patch would be nice.

2. Box.net auto downloads books online, but does not ask where should I save local copy. When I reopened the same document Acrobat Reader simply opened what was downloaded previously, but I'd prefer having the reader save docs previous downloaded in same location as stuff transfered via USB.

Maybe patches can help fix some of these, but I suspect the file requestor and where would you like to store files needs some direct help from HP and Adobe. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Waiting until 7/25 for an OTA update is too long. Some people will have returned the TouchPad by then. You only have one chance to make a good impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
    Waiting until 7/25 for an OTA update is too long. Some people will have returned the TouchPad by then. You only have one chance to make a good impression.
    I guess for some, if you need Acrobat bad enough and webOS isn't fast enough you need to move on. I'm sure IOS is better at somethings, but the slight lag on webOS is nowhere as bad as being stuck using one app at a time or going back to carrying a laptop. I have five (5) apps all running at the same time and webOS doesn't require any magic to make this happen.

10 million iPad users can't be wrong and I just hope you find what you are looking for so I can stop having these conversations. Sorli...
    pdf reader needs a "jump to page button" for large pdfs....bookmarks in pdf dont work
    It's an Adobe software. When has Adobe ever made an efficient software?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    It's an Adobe software. When has Adobe ever made an efficient software?
    Are you sure? Pdf is now standard, any company can make a reader now.

Plus, adobe makes some great softwares, illustrator, photoshop come to mind.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk