1.    #1  
    hi everyone, played with it this morning and so far, it's been slow to get it to connect to my wifi. i'll tell you guys what i did, perhaps you can help me out, tell me if you've seen the same behavior. the main issue is that it rebooted itself while i had the youtube video open and secondly, i still can't connect to our corporate network, which errors with, "You need a security certificate to join this network. Contact your network administrator."

I couldn't log-in to our WPA2 corporate, so i had to bumm off my android and register through that medium. then i was able to get onto our guest network which has a seperate authentication page, so that worked fine.

then i had about 3 webpages open and it just rebooted itself and i got the HP screen. was weird. checked for updates, but did not find any. any help? thoughts?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    reboot issue still occurs, i've tried to export a certificate from our radius windows 2008 server, but it still will not validate. does anyone have suggestions on altering our wireless controller perhaps so that we can get this to work?

I know that when i input my username and password, it's passing it to the radius server because I receive an event log in the domain controller, it says the following, but I know my UN and password is correct, at least it is passing through though. and the touchpad errors with, you need a certificate for this network. where is the certificate the client needs??

SubjectUserName bbc\sebouha
    SubjectDomainName BBC
    FullyQualifiedSubjectUserName BBC\sebouha
    SubjectMachineSID S-1-0-0
    SubjectMachineName -
    FullyQualifiedSubjectMachineName -
    MachineInventory -
    CalledStationID 000B86513A50
    CallingStationID 001DFEE0B585
    NASIPv4Address 172.31.5.20
    NASIPv6Address -
    NASIdentifier 172.31.5.20
    NASPortType Wireless - IEEE 802.11
    NASPort 4
    ClientName dc03wireless
    ClientIPAddress 172.31.5.20
    ProxyPolicyName Use Windows authentication for all users
    NetworkPolicyName -
    AuthenticationProvider Windows
    AuthenticationServer BBDC03.bostonbeer.com
    AuthenticationType PEAP
    EAPType -
    AccountSessionIdentifier -
    ReasonCode 16
    Reason Authentication was not successful because an unknown user name or incorrect password was used.
    reboots are real issues, there is a sticky for touchpad problems
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    people are actually having reboot probs? Guess ive been lucky
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    I had one or two crashes.... A lil annoying
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    people are actually having reboot probs? Guess ive been lucky
    Same here, been using nonstop for 2 days without a reboot, been running flash while mutitasking.
  7.    #7  
    it may have something to do with my wireless, i cannot figure out how to authenticate to it, our windows computers use PEAP to authenticate, can anyone help? i don't know how to load the proper certificate onto it. i tried one certificate from our radius server, no help.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmehelpu View Post
    it may have something to do with my wireless, i cannot figure out how to authenticate to it, our windows computers use PEAP to authenticate, can anyone help? i don't know how to load the proper certificate onto it. i tried one certificate from our radius server, no help.
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem - certificate error on the Pre 3.

EDIT: Figured it out. The cert from the wifi wasn't enough. I had to find its parent cert in windows, install it in windows, export it from windows, and import it into the Pre. NOW it works!
    Last edited by jason_mc99; 11/24/2011 at 02:03 PM.
    fyi system updates is for webos update
    software manager is for app updates
    Try running automated diagnostics via device info ---> Diagnostics. It will test your WiFi chip. Mine did not pass and instead resulted with warning. Explains why it didnt want to connect to school wifi. Anyways, I sent it in for repair to get wifi repaired as well as the mic and cracked case.