1.    #1  
    I have been a WebOS user since June 6 of 2009 - Pre-. I have learned the ins and outs of it and consider myself fairly well-versed in how to make my phone jump through hoops (although I occasionally forget to enter the Konami could after a doctoring and wonder why I can't get anything to work!)

My question is for those of you who are new to the WebOS scene - what do you like best and least about this operating system? What was easy to learn, and what has frustrated you the most, coming from the platform that you most recently used?

And what have been the things that surprised you, best and worst?

(HP reps take note - this could be the kernel of a great advertising campaign!)
    Just FYI, you can use "webOS20090606" to get into developer mode as well, but it's not as fun.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - but I'm not sure that I would remember that one, either! (even though it IS an important date!)
  4.    #4  
    Any other comments?
    The overall experience is pretty good. Some minor issues with 'freezing','lagging'. Miss doc editing facility and that UK lags behind on updates (still waiting for Kindle & Movie Store). Really like multi-tasking and portability.
    This is the first WebOS product I have owned, and have been on android since the first phone came out. I really like the easy of use of webos, the multitasking and just user friendly environment. I use my TP for both personal and business and have found that it really needs work on the business side but the personal side is great and compared to the Samsung Galaxy, give me my TP anyday.
    sent via my Touchpad and Webos 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    The overall experience is pretty good. Some minor issues with 'freezing','lagging'. Miss doc editing facility and that UK lags behind on updates (still waiting for Kindle & Movie Store). Really like multi-tasking and portability.
    Not just the UK, fyi. It's the rest of the world that's behind the US App Catalog updates. I don't have those options either.......yet

(it's always been that way too, so just something you have to get used to)

(and coming from the Pre.....the freezing/lagging on the TouchPad is nothing compared)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Simplicity and ease of webOS!

Somethings are too easy, like email not having features I expect on PCs like "No Return to Sender" and SPAM filtering. Thankfully, Google Apps and Gmail handle most of these problems and I can work around other issues. Either way, webOS has simplified my life exponentially and makes me wonder why I use a Mac (mostly for typing).

Entertainment is pretty cool. I now access all my movies and music stored on my NAS via WIFI streamed to my TouchPad. This feature alone has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to a more dedicated interface like DLNA/uPNP to make things even easier.

Kindle and PDF - everything I need to read is available at a moments notice. Kindle eReader was a welcome edition this week and the latest version of pReader now works very well and now in fullscreen on my TP. Acrobat Reader could use some updates or patches (left/right swipe to turn pages), but otherwise serves it purpose and large documents now load.

A you can see I'm loving my TouchPad and webOS. Sorli...
    The WebOS Phones never appealed to me and seemed kind of "Girly" to me but after getting a hold of the Touchpad, im having second thoughts. I had an android Tablet (Transformer) for a month or so but I didnt like it nearly as much as this Tablet. The Multitasking is awesome and the web is alot smoother (things to freeze up once in a while but should be fixed soon right?) I prefer 4:3 aspect ratio alot more than 16:9 which is only good for movies. portrait mode sucks on 16:9. I cant put this thing down. I still prefer Android smart phones though so until HP comes out with a Nice rugged Palm phone, I wont get a WebOS phone. but WebOS is perfect for tablets. Love the Cards!