Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think one of the biggest issues for HP and the TouchPad is lack of advertising. Apple, Samsung, and Xoom all advertise on TV, but where is HPs's advertising on TV? They launched July 1st with zero advertising to the masses. If I wasn't in Technology, I would not know a thing about the TouchPad.
    With the reviews of the current state of the TouchPad, do you really want HP to be spamming the airwaves with ads for more people to be upset?

They would be stupid to advertise before they fix the perceived problems in software mentioned in most reviews.
    July 17th is the supposed date that ads begin.
    it's not an issue

It will come.

They are lining up all their pieces, letting it all fall into place. Trust me, HP knows what they are doing.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Not TV, but USA Today had 3 full page ads today at the back of their Money, Sports, and Life sections. 1st time I have uploaded an image--hope it works.

I used the url from flickr, but it doesn't look like it worked...
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    it's not an issue

It will come.

They are lining up all their pieces, letting it all fall into place. Trust me, HP knows what they are doing.
    What pieces? You mean OTA updates? They have no time to waste especially if the IPad 3 is announced in September as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    What pieces? You mean OTA updates? They have no time to waste especially if the IPad 3 is announced in September as expected.
    I agree that we all see it as a negative that the Ads haven't hit the masses but HP isn't going down soft like many articles are suggesting they will do. HP will have a massive marketing campaign that we have only seen the beginning of....once HP can do this and make the TouchPad seem "Cool" then we will all laugh about these first few weeks and the soft launch.