Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
    I just tried deleting an empty Favorites page and instead the page after it was removed...
    Well, as Rod says I can't use the excuse of wiki permissions but I'll not be able to update the wiki myself right now. So here are my findings if anyone wants to try them and then update the wiki. I'd rather not update it either, until someone have checked what I've done.

Add page
    --------
    * Create a new page file
    * Add rows to msave file and increase numbers
    * (optional) Reorder msave file

Delete a page
    -------------
    * Remove page file
    * Remove from msave, decrease numbers AND reorder index to remove any gaps (important)
    Don't try with Favorites - next page with be deleted instead.

Reorder pages
    -------------
    * Change numbers in msave to reflect new order

Rename page
    -----------
    * Edit page file at pagename field (and pagedescription?)
    (doesn't seem to work with favorites page, it creates a new favorites page afterwards)
    @KallistiMan
    Thx anyway. Btw, I renamed the favorites tab (in my case to media) and favorites didnīt come back as a label (though another page_reorderable...-file was created.
    T.
    Good for you, strange for me I've tried a couple of times with the same result.
    @KallistiMan
    Did you rename the pagedescription too? (I didnīt).
    T.
    I believe I did, most of the times anyway. So if there is no page with pagedescription=favorites it creates a new one. I was thinking about that with your download page problem, thinking that it put them on the page with pagesecription=downloads but then I eralised that you just changed the order so the downloads page in the end would have had the correct pagedescription.
    @KallistiMan

Yep, thatīs why I thought that downloading stuff from the catalog to whatever tab has pageindex=1 regardless of its name or pagedescription must be coded somewhere else and changing that should maybe solve that issue (very simple thinking from my side )
    T.
    Last edited by tklr; 07/21/2011 at 09:09 AM.
    This is just awesome. Not much more to be said! Thanks much!
    Well using a bit of what has been posted, I figured out where to go to to rename some of my favorites. A pain in the *** but it worked. I am talkng about renaming the favorite itself not any tabs or pages.

I had saved an Amazon Prime Instant Video page as a favorite and didnt like the title it used to name it. Following some of the pathnames here I got the ID associated with that save and playing around found out where that file with the ID name was stored and editied the file to display the name I wanted.

Is there a program out there that can do this for us? If there is I suck at searching.

This is for my firesale HP Touchpad with 3.0.2 BTW.
    Awesome mod!
    I added Media and Games taba, changed the Downloads name to Misc., and changed the Favorites tab name to Bookmarks (Favorites to me sounded like "Favorite Apps", when they are really bookmarks).
    One tip: If the TouchPad magically creates more files in the launcher3 folder, just ignore them. Deleting all the extra files will put everything back the way it was pre-modifications.
    Last edited by elmerohueso; 08/31/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    redonk likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I removed the launcher page names altogether. I wanted to to look like my pre, which has the glass background, no launcher arrows, and no icon text.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i'd try this but don't want to risk having to format. i'm surprised there isn't some app/patch for this. aren't more people interested in making more space for icons and renaming them,etc? apparently not
    I think it's kind of sick that this sort of function is not included.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The page ID's (ie: {6b63679a-9ce6-449b-892f-6b684d9b03c6}) are GUID (or UUID if you prefer). See this Globally unique identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for reference.

If you going to create new pages I think it would be best to use a GUID generator ranter then just change some number.

Here are some online generators:
    Online GUID Generator
    UUID (GUID) Generator on the WEB
    Web-based tool for generating GUIDs - GuidGen.com

Or if you are using a windows machine download this:
    Download: Microsoft Exchange Server GUID Generator - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    i'd try this but don't want to risk having to format. i'm surprised there isn't some app/patch for this. aren't more people interested in making more space for icons and renaming them,etc? apparently not
    At least for making more space for icons there is a patch on Preware ("More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons") - if that is what you were looking for.

But an easy patch or app to add/rename launcher pages would definitely be welcomed by anyone! I love that patch by Rod Whitby for my Pre 1.4.5! And I agree: that option should have come as built-in.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ced68 View Post
    At least for making more space for icons there is a patch on Preware ("More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons") - if that is what you were looking for.

But an easy patch or app to add/rename launcher pages would definitely be welcomed by anyone! I love that patch by Rod Whitby for my Pre 1.4.5! And I agree: that option should have come as built-in.
    Check out Edit TouchPad Launcher pages with SubOrbital (homebrew) | webOS Nation

This will allow to you add, rename or rearrange launcher pages. Is this what you are looking for?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Check out Edit TouchPad Launcher pages with SubOrbital (homebrew) | webOS Nation

This will allow to you add, rename or rearrange launcher pages. Is this what you are looking for?
    That looks good! I'll give it a try and a closer look. Thanks!

Edit: gave it a first look - unfortunately, you are unable to delete or rename the 4 original launcher pages (Apps, Downloads, Favorites and Settings) and it seems you can not resize the tabs (i.e. make them smaller in order to save space for additional tabs) or change the font size. But definitely a good start!
    Last edited by ced68; 10/03/2012 at 04:42 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12