1.    #1  
    This past weekend, I've been ripping and encoding of lot of my new movies to play on the TouchPad -I had already a ton of older movies, but was no longer doing so since I've been using the Netflix app on the Evo 4G.

However, I'm don't remember if that was always the case, but using Handbrake's defaults (iPad settings) always got me great results. But this time, not with the TouchPad.

The files being created by Handbrake had the .m4v extension (h.264 encoded, as usual) but they would not play on the tablet. I then decided to change the extension to .mp4 and voilá! Fixed!

Anyone else having similar issues? What's the file extension (and encoder) you're using?
    I used handbrake with the same results. Except changing the file extension didn't do anything either. It seems the Touchpad has trouble playing files larger than 1 GB.

Can anyone else confirm?
    No issue at all here playing Handbrake encoded files up to approximately 1.6GB. The only one I've had trouble with was 2.1GB, so I'm not sure where the line is.

Though they play fine, I still only have 1 of 12 videos listed in the Photos and Videos App. They all have identical extensions, so I'm not sure why only one is showing up. Accessing them via Internalz works fine, though.

FYI, when using Handbrake on the iPad profile, the playback was not quite as smooth as it should have been. I set Maximum B-Frames to 0 (under the Advanced tab) and it resolved the issue - videos are completely smooth now.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    I don't have any interest in reencoding files. Takes way too long.

There has to be a way to just switch container types from .avi to .mp4 but I have yet to figure out an easy way.
    I just put an MP4 from my iTunes library (1.14 GB) onto the TouchPad and the sound plays fine, but there's no video... just black. What gives? Any ideas?
    Solution:

1. handbrake turns on something called "large MP4 support" - it gets ticked when you choose ipad as conversion format. This 64 bit MP4 format is seemingly not supported. Untick it, redo the conversion and large > 1 gb files will play. I'm watching a full matrix rip without issues in 720 resolution

2. if the file doesn't show up in the video/pic app, try putting it in a folder called movies. If that still doesn't work, remove USB without ejecting it.

3. also found that if you have a USB 2.0 high speed port, use that and file transfer will be faster (rear port on most PCs)

Ok, so maybe we've figured this out now. I re-encoded one of my files (which was playing properly, but not showing in the app) without the "large MP4 support", and it immediately showed in the app. So while that option (which enables 64 bit headers in order to support files over 4GB) doesn't prevent videos from playing, it does prevent the app from "finding" and listing them.

I've created a new thread with a Handbrake preset that appears to work perfectly with the Touchpad, in case someone wants to test it out for me: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Alright, I followed those directions and removed "Large MP4 Support," but the video still looks awful. It's stretched to fit and the framerate is visibly bad.

I'm not good with this sort of thing; what are some changes I could make to improve this?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Alright, I followed those directions and removed "Large MP4 Support," but the video still looks awful. It's stretched to fit and the framerate is visibly bad.

I'm not good with this sort of thing; what are some changes I could make to improve this?
    Try the preset I just uploaded, as it should resolve the issues you've listed.
  10.    #10  
    I posted a question in your thread, treo, but I'll post it here as well:

Can you explain how to load this file onto Handbrake? And, once the upload is complete, will this show as a new preset in Handbrake?
    I added the info to the other thread.