Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    I would love the backswipe gesture but I hate this upswipe crap, it always happens when I dont want it to, scrolling a webpage for example
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    how about a patch for back swipe when you drag from one end of the screen bezel to the other end? Or you can emulate advanced gesture (switch apps) when swipe from one end of the screen bezel to the other end! More like Nokia n9 swipe gestures...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    how about a patch for back swipe when you drag from one end of the screen bezel to the other end? Or you can emulate advanced gesture (switch apps) when swipe from one end of the screen bezel to the other end! More like Nokia n9 swipe gestures...
    I'm a linux kernel developer.

It would be possible to hack the kernel input driver to create "back" and "forward" events similar to the "up" swipe that currently exists.

However, the various apps would need to be modified to then register for those events and trigger the same behaviour as their existing back buttons. Basically it would be up to the authors of each app to handle this separately.
    Personally, I dont care about the back gesture missing from Enyo apps.

What I DO care about is the 6000+ Mojo apps that are relegated to a tiny virtual window.

I would love for someone to create a patch that enlarges that emulator to be the entire size of the screen.

I dont care if its pixelated.
    Quick question, does the home button have mulitple purposes like the iPad? For example: Tap + Hold, Double Tap?

If not, you could probably write a patch to assign a back feature to a single tap, and make a double tap your home location. Or just remove the home location all together since you have the swipe up gesture for card view.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbf123 View Post
    I'm a linux kernel developer.

It would be possible to hack the kernel input driver to create "back" and "forward" events similar to the "up" swipe that currently exists.

However, the various apps would need to be modified to then register for those events and trigger the same behaviour as their existing back buttons. Basically it would be up to the authors of each app to handle this separately.
    Wow. Is that really true?! What a shame. I really hate how "back" is handled differently in every app. Any "back" button, no matter where it is placed, is not as simple and easy as a swipe.

I was hoping that someone could implement a horizontal swipe from the bezel onto the screen about an inch to mimic the "back gesture", and that would be functional across all apps.
    Any "back" button, no matter where it is placed, is not as simple and easy as a swipe..
    Communities only uses drag handles for that reason, and I think it works.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Personally, I dont care about the back gesture missing from Enyo apps.

What I DO care about is the 6000+ Mojo apps that are relegated to a tiny virtual window.

I would love for someone to create a patch that enlarges that emulator to be the entire size of the screen.

I dont care if its pixelated.
    i did see a patch that did that somewhere around here. or at least increased the size of the emulator window quite a bit.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12