Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Just got my TouchPad yesterday. I like the open-ness of it all compared to the fruity company, but think this tablet isnt quite there yet in terms of "just works", but think its got potential...I really want to like it (cant stand apple)

Anyway with the risk of getting overwhelemd in learning something so new, I may be overlooking where to find the following info:

Can the PC charge the TP? Is there some driver or something Im missing? USB mode works, but it wont "just charge"

In terms of Videos, are .avi's not supported? I made a movie folder and copied to avi's and dont see them show up in the photo/movie app...(bit weak I hope VLC would make an appearance on webOS)

Thanks all!
    You need to transcode your video to mp 4 using h.264 codec.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Handbrake is your friend...

HandBrake

(Is it normal now for links to not show up underlined? If so...)
  4.    #4  
    oh really? Thats a big fail for me then. That was one thing that really bugged me about the ipad, all my movies are avi and didnt want to spend the time to convert.
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_vin View Post
    oh really? Thats a big fail for me then. That was one thing that really bugged me about the ipad, all my movies are avi and didnt want to spend the time to convert.
    Maybe you never realized but there are lots of apps that play avi's and other file formats on the iPad without needing to convert.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    is it normal now for links to not show up underlined? If so...)
    I think that started with the style change late last week.
  7.    #7  
    yes, and I have installed them (VLC, Azul). I just hate itunes and love mass storage mode on the TP...Hopefully somone will do the same or port one of these above mentioned apps over to webOS....thanks to all who replied...

so any insight on the charging issue? possbile future OTA update?
    we don't use cables. We do everything wireles. Even charging :-)
    strykr_ac likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Handbrake is your friend...

HandBrake

(Is it normal now for links to not show up underlined? If so...)
    I like the underlined links better myself. I find my self searching for the link they said was there...I do like the blue backdrop, though.
    The TP takes more power than a USB port can provide. It will trickle charge so your TP wont lose power but not enough to charge it up. But do yourself a favor and get a touchstone. Once you get a touchstone you will never go back to USB/Cable based charging.
    dajlol77 likes this.
    Welcome to webOS/PreCentral!! Don't worry, in short time you'll be a webOS fanatic like the rest of us here on PreCentral.
    somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_vin View Post
    Has anyone tried the Kalemsoft Media Player App on the Touchpad? I use it on my Pre and it plays .avi content beautifully. I even stream avi's to the phone from my PC. It is a PDK app so it should scale to the Touchpad. If anyone has used it on the TP, how does it work?
    I believe the reason it will not charge from your PC is that the standard USB ports do not provide enough power. It is enough for a smartphone, but not enough for a tablet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...
    The charger for my Pre will not charge the Touchpad. It says that it needs more power, so I would assume the same thing is happening when you plug it in USB to your computer.

Welcome to the WebOS world - and don't worry about the trolls. There's always going to be somebody who thinks that he (or she) has to make themselves look better/smarter than everybody else. Just dive in and ask questions, and the intelligent people will help you to find the answers.
    dajlol77 and strykr_ac like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    Has anyone tried the Kalemsoft Media Player App on the Touchpad? I use it on my Pre and it plays .avi content beautifully. I even stream avi's to the phone from my PC. It is a PDK app so it should scale to the Touchpad. If anyone has used it on the TP, how does it work?
    I installed it and it looks like it scales pretty well, but I couldn't try a video without paying the $6.00 for the full version. (I must have used the trial on my Pre before...)
    I paid the $6.00 for it and have really enjoyed it. It is definately worth the price on the Pre. If it scales well to the Touchpad, it would be even more worth the $6.00.
    you get 50 gigs of free cloud storage w H/P, Apple only gives 5
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    you get 50 gigs of free cloud storage w H/P, Apple only gives 5
    is this confirmed to be permanent?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    is this confirmed to be permanent?
    Yes for life
    Today, HPs TouchPad officially enters the tablet mix, and were excited to announce the concurrent launch of Box for TouchPad available immediately for download. Weve also worked with HP to bring 50GB of free cloud storage to TouchPad users, which lasts the lifetime of the Box account.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast