1.    #1  
    Not sure where to post this so please move if necessary. My work's guest wireless service supports most mobile devices and I usually use it for my HTC Evo for web and e-mail. They do however, block all media streaming services. With that said for some reason I am unable to use most of the TouchPad's apps. Anything that has any type of account associated with it will not refresh or load. Is it possible that the networks thinks that these TouchPad apps are media streaming services?
    This would be a question for you work network administrator. I would not think email for example would be considered streaming.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Some admins set their firewalls to block encrypted data...do these use encryption such as SSL?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Some admins set their firewalls to block encrypted data...do these use encryption such as SSL?
    I haven't the faintest idea. It is just strange that I can open the stock e-mail app on my evo and have no problems yet the TouchPad's stock e-mail app doesn't work. It keeps giving me a login error message.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Can you look at your email account settings and see if SSL is enabled? It's possible that the TP looks for it and uses it when available and the EVO doesn't.

Another check would simply be to set up a duplicate account...the client would try to connect on the SSL ports, fail to connect and then connect on the unencrypted ports.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Can you look at your email account settings and see if SSL is enabled? It's possible that the TP looks for it and uses it when available and the EVO doesn't.

Another check would simply be to set up a duplicate account...the client would try to connect on the SSL ports, fail to connect and then connect on the unencrypted ports.
    Hmmm...well I'm trying to even just get to my normal gmail account and its not letting me do that. When I go to accounts to look at my gmail account the only real options it gives me is what I want it to sync to on the touchpad and to change the login settings which is just changing your password.
    Pretty sure they block most ports for things usually used by IM and email clients, while leaving the web browsing port open. They think the only thing that needs internet is a web browser