Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By appsotutely
  1.    #1  
    Does the touchpad support multiple users in a way that is easy enough for my wife(non-techie) to switch back and forth from my profile to hers?

Thanks!
    No it does not.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    None of the "modern" tablets (iOS, Android, webOS, RIM) support multiple profiles. If you really want a tablet that supports multiple profiles, you'll need to go with a Windows 7 Tablet PC.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottL View Post
    Does the touchpad support multiple users in a way that is easy enough for my wife(non-techie) to switch back and forth from my profile to hers?

Thanks!
    If you are asking about the "Palm Profile" - the one that stores the apps that are owned and various settings, then no. However, you might be able to set up a new TouchPad specific profile and then add all the accounts that you each want to be able to access, like all of your email accounts. That assumes neither of you has an account you want to keep private from the other. Also, you'd have to purchase any paid apps for this new profile. Alternately, you could use one of your existing profiles as the new shared profile.

I do agree that it would be nicer if there had been some notion of multiple user switching with separate private profiles, but that's probably a feature request we need to send back to HP.
    WinstonSmith likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    If you are asking about the "Palm Profile" - the one that stores the apps that are owned and various settings, then no. However, you might be able to set up a new TouchPad specific profile and then add all the accounts that you each want to be able to access, like all of your email accounts. That assumes neither of you has an account you want to keep private from the other. Also, you'd have to purchase any paid apps for this new profile. Alternately, you could use one of your existing profiles as the new shared profile.

I do agree that it would be nicer if there had been some notion of multiple user switching with separate private profiles, but that's probably a feature request we need to send back to HP.
    re "you might be able to set up a new TouchPad specific profile"; if you do that, then you wouldn't be able to receive calls, texts, etc. on the TouchPad, right?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the answers folks. I appreciate it. I was just wondering how my wife and I would handle separate facebook accounts and such.

Thanks!