Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Those garbage sits like ZDnet and CNet are really just kinda useless. Once Anandtech site reviews it, then we will get more of a professional review.
    I am waiting for anandtech review. Lately there are more and more bozos appearing on every site writing tech reviews. This particular clown from zdwhonet seems to have no time for a good review. So he quotes WSJ reviewer who is either missing reading glasses or becoming physically challenged when he reviewed the TP. Everyone and his neighbor are saying that the TP battery life is at least 8 hours and the WSJ guy says he gets 6, only 6 hours. Whats more funny is the zdnet guy attesting to the WSJ guy on his battery thing. What did he actually do with the touchpad ? try Skype. umm okay. We know that TP is a failure. Move on.

Now here is a test for zdnet clown , Have you ever sent an email with three type of file (gif, pdf and word) attachments on the iPad 2 ?
    hokay , take a deep breath.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Speaking of which, I can't resist to ask a question to the zdnet reviewer. Are you sure TP is a failure ? Really ? You came to the conclusion is 4 days ?
    Think about it.
    Dude you want to stay on the job. I hope you are not wrong and I hope you won't mess up with HP. Think about it. HP is getting more devices later , the Pre 3, the 7 inch tablet, the touchscreen only phone, and may be couple of printers if not toasters. Do you really want to review them in future ?

I really feel that he spoke early.
    You know, by continuing to mention and link to zdnet stories bashing the Touchpad, you're only helping zdnet, right?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    as much as I want a Touchpad, its articles like these which pop up and make me reconsider, as much as i hate to admit this.

thoughts?

BlackBerry PlayBook vs. HP TouchPad: A tale of two failures | ZDNet
    i guess i shouldn't say that i 'hate to admit' my reconsideration because that's not entirely accurate. i really do want a touchpad and plan to purchase one asap as like many of you i've been waiting around quite awhile for it. it's just that articles like this are rather disheartening to say the least. i did play with one this weekend and it was fun and intuitive. i'm just crossing my fingers that the upcoming OTA update corrects some of the bugginess and lag issues (even though they didn't totally ruin the experience as some of the reviewers would have you believe).
    i think the title of the thread and the post will attract enough attention. people are gonna read it... putting a link just saves time and gets to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You know, by continuing to mention and link to zdnet stories bashing the Touchpad, you're only helping zdnet, right?
    It really isn't hard to understand. People who work with many pieces of competing technology simply have more information to base their judgments on than people who are just fans of a certain company or product.

If you have used one of the more polished tablets, the TouchPad is a very distant second or third. There's just no other way to look at it. Did you even download the absolutely disastrous Skype calls he posted, then listen to them in comparison to the iPad calls?

How can someone look at all the bug reports EVEN ON THIS SAME FORUM and not come to the conclusion of every single professional reviewer: that the product was released with half-baked software, on hardware that is objectively inferior in materials and subjectively inferior in aesthetics to its competitors?

If you really love WebOS and want the best for it, you'll vote with your wallet and not give HP your money when it's disappointed the core loyalists who want it most to put out a quality product. That will then prompt them to step up their game and give us a tablet for 2011, not an also-ran for a year and a half ago.

Trust me -- I got an iPad 1 shortly after its launch at work. I'm no Apple fan, but the stupid thing worked 100% of the time from the get-go. And despite all the (very many) shortcomings of iOS, it has never once required a reboot.

Just look around at what WebOS fans keep telling us. Everyone reports all sorts of bizarre TouchPad behavior, including random shutdowns and memory leaks. You shouldn't have to wait for an OTA update to basic functionality that should have been in place out of the box.
    On the top of the comments, this is particularly revealing:

RE: BlackBerry PlayBook vs. HP TouchPad: A tale of two failures
    @mam "RIM should take you to court for writing this article!!"

For what, telling the truth?
    jperlow
    07/04/2011 07:36 PM

I am all for shining the light on problems... best disinfectant. But that was the worse review" i have read so far, and the reviewer's attitude on the comment section proves it. They are just baiting for clicks/links. Let us discus here and not providing any more money by NOT clicking on the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I was about to praise your post until you delved into the cesspool of incredulity with this one,
    "Also, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" is clunky, slow, unresponsive, cheaply built, junk plasticky feeling, piece of crap, but it is thin and light (LOL) based on my time with it"

The Tab 10.1 screams premium made and solid hardware. Anyone will attest to that. No one needs to take my word for it, most reviews echo the same fact.

Wow, some people...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    I see you use a Samsung... Yeah, I'm sure there is no bias in your comments...

After using the devices in the following order TouchPad -> Xoom -> iPad 2 -> Galaxy Tab 10.1, I can say I was IMMEDIATELY turned off on the way the Galaxy Tab 10.1 felt. It felt like it was built out of Legos or something. I liked the weight, but that's about it. The back of the device felt like badly oxidized automobile paint. Consecutive, quick swipes were utterly ignored as the OS/screen just didn't even detect them. In order to get the device to acknowledge my touches, I seemed to have to put actual pressure on the screen. The device lagged more than the TouchPad, and honestly, it was slower and buggier than the Xoom. Maybe it needed a reboot. I don't care. I didn't reboot the TouchPad or Xoom, and I'm not going to be okay with rebooting my tablet every few hours to keep it working properly.

I'm not pulling ANY punches with tablets right now. I'm tired of all the reviews talking about what the device "could" be. They are what they are right now.

The iPad 2 was thin, light, felt well built with a quality feel to it. The screen was immediately responsive to even the lightest and fastest flick. The TouchPad was super responsive to quick flicks across the screen when app switching (so I know the screen and OS can handle it), it slowed down on many other gestures, but was admittedly better detecting upswipes than the Playbook. That said, the iPad 2 was as fast as the TouchPad ever was, but the iPad 2 was ALWAYS that responsive.

The Xoom felt heavy, but it didn't step over the edge as to being awkward like the TouchPad felt when I was holding it with one hand. The Xoom felt solid and well constructed. I didn't like the way Honeycomb can't completely circle app pages. All the way to the right or all the way to the left. When it's that slow to get the pages to move, it should just keep circling. Better yet, the Galaxy and Xoom should just be fast like the TouchPad and iPad 2 are when it comes to switching page tabs...
    Quote Originally Posted by jahjahlove View Post
    On the top of the comments, this is particularly revealing:

RE: BlackBerry PlayBook vs. HP TouchPad: A tale of two failures
    @mam "RIM should take you to court for writing this article!!"

For what, telling the truth?
    jperlow
    07/04/2011 07:36 PM

I am all for shining the light on problems... best disinfectant. But that was the worse review" i have read so far, and the reviewer's attitude on the comment section proves it. They are just baiting for clicks/links. Let us discus here and not providing any more money by NOT clicking on the link.
    Completely agree.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Even though its not for me, I usually implore folks who ask my opinion to actually go to a place like bestbuy with live demos and try it out for themselves. Even if you decide to buy and don't like, there's always a money back return policy.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    If they go to the Best Buy in our area what they will find, at least as of Saturday, is two fine looking TouchPads that aren't even charged up. The staff says "these aren't ready to display" and walk away. What is that? I thought they were training these "experts" in the TouchPad & WebOS and thats what tey get for the money invested (assuming HP actually did as they said they would with prerelease training).

At least at Staples they said they didn't have one yet 0- it was on the way - and they "can't wait to show it off as we hear good things about it". How ironic that the store that doesn't even have one speaks of it better than the "trained", supposedly higher level group does.

HP does indeed have an uphill fight. Lets hope the TouchPad is up to it.

(Waiting anxiously for mine - shipped 7/1 FED EX with scheduled delivery 7/7).
    Quote Originally Posted by timeweb2 View Post
    If they go to the Best Buy in our area what they will find, at least as of Saturday, is two fine looking TouchPads that aren't even charged up. The staff says "these aren't ready to display" and walk away. What is that? I thought they were training these "experts" in the TouchPad & WebOS and thats what tey get for the money invested (assuming HP actually did as they said they would with prerelease training).

At least at Staples they said they didn't have one yet 0- it was on the way - and they "can't wait to show it off as we hear good things about it". How ironic that the store that doesn't even have one speaks of it better than the "trained", supposedly higher level group does.

HP does indeed have an uphill fight. Lets hope the TouchPad is up to it.

(Waiting anxiously for mine - shipped 7/1 FED EX with scheduled delivery 7/7).
    I know for a fact, most of the employees at Best Buy care very little about any product that is in their stores even if it is new.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    More likely zdnet needs viewers.
    ...there is 50% chance they will be right and a 50% chance they will be wrong and the TouchPad will be a success...
    50% chance huh? How did you calculate that? I didn't realize we were flipping a coins here.
    Just because you have two choices doesn't mean that they both have equal probability of occurring.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12