Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    has anyone emailed palm/HP regarding the touchpad developer device program and got a reply?
    I sent my email the day it was announced but haven't heard anything, not even email receipt acknowledgement...

anyone got anywhere with them?
    I didn't email them specifically about the TouchPad developer device program, but I did send an email asking about the various belts. I haven't received a response back.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    yes and no response yet
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    the email went out on Thursday, wth the TP launch and 4th july weekend, I doubt the people at HP had much time to see the email.
    Just received this today:

Developer Device – Purchase Program Request:

Thank you for your interest in the Developer Device Program. Your request for a discount coupon code has been received. You will be contacted by one of our Developer Relations Account Managers within the next 15 business days to obtain additional qualification information and to address any questions you may have about the program.

Best regards,
    Worldwide Developer Relations, webOS
    --

Chuq Von Rospach, Developer Community Manager
    chuq@palm.com
    http://developer.palm.com
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Just received this today:
    Got the exact same email today too.
    Is anyone here aware of what "belt" they fall under? Or are we just assuming our current apps qualify for the belts listed up there.

Are you guys just going to figure out what discount you get when you get it? Or are you aware that you have a 25/50% discount (whatever yours may be).
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Is anyone here aware of what "belt" they fall under? Or are we just assuming our current apps qualify for the belts listed up there.

Are you guys just going to figure out what discount you get when you get it? Or are you aware that you have a 25/50% discount (whatever yours may be).
    I am not sure at all. I only have the one app so I am thinking I'll fall in the lower belt, even though I have been there since day 1.

You should be able to find out what belt you qualify for when you receive your coupon code or when one of the account managers gets in touch with you. They will qualify you based on the criteria set forth on the Developer Portal.

I just want to reiterate that the apps are qualified individually to ensure they meet certain standards to count as "qualified apps" per the page at the developer portal that lists the criteria for a certain belt (many people, developers and users, are confusing this part of the qualification for belts, assuming it means they just need to have X number of apps out, not X number of qualifying apps).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Hey Arthur, that was essentially my question. I wanted to know how to get my apps "individually qualified". Will we be told the criteria? So that we can shoot for a specific goal? Or is it something thats just up to the Dev Rel team? Will we be told which one and/or why our app(s) don't qualify?
  11. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    seems a bit convoluted really if you ask me. a bit vague and slow. surely they want these in as many devs hands asap? this should all have been done a month ago IMO!
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    seems a bit convoluted really if you ask me. a bit vague and slow. surely they want these in as many devs hands asap? this should all have been done a month ago IMO!
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Agreed.
    +1
    second that, Devs get their devices weeks after users. This is not the ideal situation...
    definitely stagnates development....
    Hey Arthur, that was essentially my question. I wanted to know how to get my apps "individually qualified". Will we be told the criteria? So that we can shoot for a specific goal? Or is it something thats just up to the Dev Rel team? Will we be told which one and/or why our app(s) don't qualify?
    There are two ways to get your apps qualified.

One way is to send an email to the pdc email address asking for your belt color
    The other way is to send an email to the pdc email address asking what discount your qualify for

Note that if you've already emailed asking about the discount you do not need to email asking for your belt color.

I am not sure if you will be told which apps qualify or do not qualify and the reasons for that. I will contact the team that manages this and see what can be done to ensure you receive feedback about each app that is qualified.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Thanks Arthur, I sure hope my app qualifies
    I just discovered I qualified for the bible belt.
    I don't know how much of a discount I get by this color.
    HP Developer Benefits webpage has details on the belts and discounts.
    I sent a request for unlocked Pre2 6-29 (since current info on this is only available via e-mail). Got an e-mail back from chuq (2 days ago, so a week from initial e-mail) that I had been forwarded to Dev Relations and should hear back in the next 15 business days.

I know not quite on topic, but there is a decent turnaround time right now (and I would guess less demand on the old program than new program).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    megazac likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast