Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks Arthur,

Thats good to know. I would really appreciate it if we could find out qualification parameters. Its nice to know where we stand and why.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Thanks Arthur,

Thats good to know. I would really appreciate it if we could find out qualification parameters. Its nice to know where we stand and why.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Having spoken with them I can say that you should indeed be told which apps do not qualify and the reasons they do not, should an app not qualify. You will also be told what belt you are.

At that time if you feel you should be a higher belt you can communicate that with the account manager who contacts you and they will speak with you about that.

Finally, and this is a note to every developer, you do not necessarily need to have an app in the Catalog to be considered for a developer discount. If you are a developer and you want to receive a discounted developer TouchPad, just send an email to us and we'll qualify you for a discounted developer TouchPad.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    redmist likes this.
    As a fan boy (primarily), I think I qualify for a fan belt.

That said, if time spent on demonstrated Palm dev-related activity in forums and online communities counts, I think I do okay:

"To: Pilot Mailing List Mailing List <pilot-pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [Fwd: APP Suggestion: "Demo" app which blocks databases?]
    Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:11:22 -0500
    I posted this to the comp.sys.palmtops.pilot newsgroup, but wanted to
    see what this mailing list thought of it. {Jonathan}

--
    Jonathan I. Ezor, jonathan.ezor@xxxxxxxxx
    Director of Legal Affairs, Poppe Tyson <http://www.poppe.com>
    v: 212-367-3992 fax: 212-367-4045 40 W.23rd St., NY NY 10010
    The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those
    of Poppe Tyson or its affiliates
    ---*Begin*Message*---
    Subject: APP Suggestion: "Demo" app which blocks databases?
    Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:46:39 GMT
    Apparently-to: <jonathan.ezor@xxxxxxxxx>
    Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
    I had a thought this morning in the shower (I do my best thinking
    there) about how to demo the Pilot to the multitude of people who ask
    me without having to show my personal databases, and wondered whether
    it was possible to program it. I am aware, from comments in this
    newsgroup and in various mailing lists, that the Pilot OS looks to RAM
    before ROM, and certain apps (like Snoozer) can trap OS calls and
    redirect them. Would there be any way to create a Hackmaster hack or
    other application which, when activated, will create phantom databases
    for the built-in apps like Memopad or Address Book and block the apps
    from reading the actual databases? That is, I could start Demo, then
    click on the Address Book icon, and show someone how to enter data in,
    then click on the Memopad icon and write "See how easy this is?" for
    the millionth time, without worrying that my confidential addresses or
    business notes would pop up on the screen.

This, it seems to me, would be the simplest way to solve the demo
    confidentiality problem, and would probably be a very small program to
    implement. Only problem is, I'm not able to do it myself. What do
    you think? {Jonathan}
    Jonathan Ezor
    jezor@xxxxxxxxx
    Economy Recapitulates Technology

---*End Message*---

{Jonathan}
    No email other than the automated one so far.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    nothing here either
    Still haven't heard back on my Pre2 request.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I still haven't heard anything back either, apart from the original email from Chuq. The email did say 15 business days so that would put the last day at July 27th for me since I got the email on July 6th, assuming a 5 day work week.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Still haven't heard back on my Pre2 request.
    Me either, but I'm sure that program had been abandoned a month or so back.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Nope, on the page it says you have to contact dev relations. And I did get the response from Chuq saying I would be contacted in 15 days, this was on the 6th the same as the poster above said about his TP request.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The Dev forums confirm that the Pre 2 device promotion has ended.

I was very lucky and did actually get a free Pre2, much to my surprise and have released a number of apps, and have one "Ready for Review" for the last 8 days, and have more in development.

If I'd not got a free Pre2, I would never have got into webOS development, having created apps for iPhone previously. I haven't released any apps for iPhone since getting my Pre2 - they are a world apart. WebOS makes development so much easier. If only I'd known before buying a Mac for iPhone development.

I've since bought a Pre Plus and a Pixi. TouchPad next
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nope, on the page it says you have to contact dev relations. And I did get the response from Chuq saying I would be contacted in 15 days, this was on the 6th the same as the poster above said about his TP request.
    Did you read my quote? I was referring to the free Pre 2 program.

I guess we will see when I get my next e-mail. Any chance you have a link to the thread about the Pre2 ending? I'm not necessarily talking about the free Pre 2 program, but the website states there is still a Pre2 dev program. I shoulda got my free Pre 2, but I got busy and never responded to the qualification e-mail I received (yeah I'm dumb).

"If you'd like to request a developer discount on a Pre 2, they're still available by requesting a coupon from pdc@palm.com, with "Pre 2 device program" in the subject
    line."

From
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...e_program.html
    While the Pre 2 coupon programme may still be running (or advertised) there are no more free Pre2s - https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=80198#p80198

Quote Originally Posted by llaske
    I received this mail on march 23th from Peter:
    "Of course you qualify for a free device! However, due to the tremendous response from developers, we are currently out of Pre 2 GSM testing devices. The good news, however, is that we expect a new stock of devices to arrive shortly, so I’ll make sure you receive a device as soon as they’re available."
    I'm waiting for the free device from this date. Finally I received this mail yesterday (after 5 direct mails to Peter/Adam).
    "I'm sorry that I was unable to provide a device for you. I truly appreciate your patience. However, we have no free devices available any longer. "
    It's also been mentioned that the Pre2 is no longer being produced (although this may only be local) and that HP (certainly in the UK) have sold off all their stock to HP employees and other companies - hence eBay and EBuyer cheap Pre 2s. So even if you get a coupon (probably unlikely now), you may not actually be able to use it to purchase a Pre 2.

HP appears to be concentrating purely on the TP now - I don't know what happened with regards to the Veer programme.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    That's where the confusion came from, I was never asking about the free Pre2 but what the current dev price was on the Pre2 currently when I sent my e-mail. Veer program is still up.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    They claim that the Pre 2 coupon is only valid until June 30, 2011, but I just tested mine yesterday and it accepted the code.

Did you read my quote? I was referring to the free Pre 2 program.
    Quote other than the one below that I responded to? Cuz that one says nothing about it being the free program... I get now that is what you were referring too, but wasn't obvious in the quote.

for which store are the codes? for HP store or for Palm store?
    Rot, if you are talking about the Pre 2 program, they give you a link to the HP Small business store.

Yea.. I got the same email from Chuq, my 15 days ended yesterday the 15th.. If they are actually responding on time then I should hopefully get a response on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadSexington View Post
    Yea.. I got the same email from Chuq, my 15 days ended yesterday the 15th.. If they are actually responding on time then I should hopefully get a response on Monday.
    Just so you're aware, your 15 business days have a ways to go yet, even if you're suggesting that Chuq replied to you on the first.
    Last edited by appsotutely; 07/17/2011 at 11:33 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast