Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    [Isaac] Do you know when you might be getting stock of Pre 3 and TouchPad 16GB?
    [Staff Member] I will check it now.
    [Staff Member] HP Pre 3 8GB. Late August. PRE-ORDER
    [Staff Member] HP TouchPad 16GB. Next week. PRE-ORDER
    [Isaac] Pre 3 16GB and TouchPad 32GB?
    [Staff Member] HP Pre 3 16GB. Late August. PRE-ORDER
    [Staff Member] HP TouchPad 32GB. Next week. PRE-ORDER
    Above is my web chat with Mobicity today. It means Australia will be able to get in on some serious webOS love very soon.

Does this mean HP will be launching it here soon? Pre 3 is notable mention too.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I believe the touchpad had the same release date in australia as canada, which is july 15
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Where'd you read that?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Really? Wow, I am so surprised. The Palm Australia website still says the Treo Pro is 'NEW!'. Absolutely no one knows about webOS here, and there certainly hasn't been any advertising. Even though, I hope the rumor is true but the dilemma world be to either get it on launch day, or get the 64gb version (in black to match my Pre 2).
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Hopefully it does come in black. How are you running your apps on the Pre 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Above is my web chat with Mobicity today. It means Australia will be able to get in on some serious webOS love very soon.

Does this mean HP will be launching it here soon? Pre 3 is notable mention too.
    Pretty much everything Mobicity sells is sourced from "their" warehouse in Hong Kong. They don't carry any stock in their Brisbane shop - you order, and the products come direct to you from HK. This is fine, as far as it goes...

So, whilst they might be able to source/supply a Touchpad from next week, it would be extremely unlikely that its due to any sort of Australian release. Not if it comes from HK.

I just may order one from them anyway, but not as a pre-order. I'd wait till the 11th and see what happens with regards to being "in-stock." They don't have a stellar reputation, if you look at the 60+page thread about them on the whirlpool.net.au forums.
    Yup, they even have the pre minus, plus and 2 for sale, and they weren't exactly ever available in Australia, so I am a bit worried. And Brum, the simple answer is that I'm not really. My eBay seller was kind enough to activate it for me in the US so I can see paid apps, but there isn't an 'Australia' option in the credit card billing address section, so just Angry Birds Lite for me. (but I do have it on my iPad, iPod, PC, PSP and PS3)
    Okay, so the touchpad is now out at mobicity, but is it out at any major retailers yet? Asked JB a few days ago, and it seemed as though he had no idea what it was, even though it was to be expected.
    I haven't heard of it being anywhere here yet. Mobicity are importers, so it is possible that they are listing the imported version, although they did list it as having an Australian wall plug.
    Did JB Hi-Fi say when they were expecting them (even if the staff have no idea what they are, lol)?
    No, however, he did steer me to a Transformer which looked awful.
    I ended up ordering the Touchpad 32gb and Touchstone dock directly from Amazon on Sunday 10th, had them shipped to me c/o comgateway.com (transhipping service) via 2-day UPS, and the items will leave congateway in Portland OR today, hopefully arriving in Brisbane via DHL next Tuesday.

The cost for the 2x items, plus the shipping from Amazon to Portland Oregon, and then DHL to Australia, is still $80 less than getting the Touchpad (alone) from Mobicity.

Go figure......
    Brilliant! once you get it, can you report to us whether or not we can buy apps with Austalian credit cards. Personally, I am waiting for a 64gb version as 32 simply isn't enough for my needs, and maybe in a 'dove white' colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    Brilliant! once you get it, can you report to us whether or not we can buy apps with Austalian credit cards. Personally, I am waiting for a 64gb version as 32 simply isn't enough for my needs, and maybe in a 'dove white' colour.
    Sure will, although I suspect Australian cards won't work at the moment. Fortunately, I have a US-issued Amex Prepaid Gift card which I purchased on a visit to the USA earlier this year, just for things like this. Fortunately it still has a little cash left on it. It will be interesting to see whether this works too....
    So, have you received your touchpad yet?